Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: ~A King's Brawl~ 74 - page 28

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38593/t1611647-kings-brawl-74/28.htm

Author:   Jill Owns All
Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 12:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: ~A King's Brawl~ 74
-------------------------------------------
quote Steam
ivy's best kill move is uair >_>
I noted that in my last post. I try and keep out of the air when using Ivysaur though. Too much scary crap happens. My "retreating Bair" is off of short hops, so that's not really in the air, and Fair is generally a bit more defensive oriented as well; I only use it if they jump past my Razor Leafs when I've been knocked off the stage. It is useful on stages with platforms, like Battlefield, though. It has pretty good kill power as well.

Author:   AlMoStLeGeNdArY
Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 3:39am (PST)
quote Jill Owns All
She is definitely lacking, but on some guides I've read, they say it is better for Charizard to take a free hit on a switch than it is to battle with Ivysaur, and that just seems stupid. In a 3 stock life, I find it best to just simply start with Ivy and pepper them with Razor leaf, always staying as close to the middle of the stage as you can. If the opportunity for a Bullet Seed arises POUNCE! You'll need it. After that, space as much as you can with some retreating Bair and eventually go for the kill with a Fair, Fsmash, or Uair. If you're really lucky, a Vine Whip Kill is quite satisfying. Depending on your health, switch to Charizard or send her out there to try and rack up some damage before she gets killed.

This is my method...it works well on some good brawlers. Always surprised to see Ivy CAN function well. If she is playing someone who chain grabs, chances are she's screwed, because she is gonna get gimped.

While Razor leaf is not as spammable as Fox or Pit, or even as useful as something like Mario's fireball or Pikachu's spark, any projectile is free damage. The odd speed, size, and direction Razor Leaf works makes rolling or spot dodging mildly difficult to predict, and if they keep shielding, Dtilt and Ftilt will punish pretty quick (though here I actually find DSmash to be best...it gets dang low).
They can just shield the razor leaf it's not really that overbearing of a projectile. I think between bair nair razor leafs and ivy's tilts and bullet seed you should have the basis for something. You just gotta be able to mix it up. Also with the guides you shouldn't take everything they say as gospel just get the info and learn from it. Then play a game that's comfortable and fits your playstyle.

Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 4:40am (PST)
Yeah, Ivy is just to annoy for free damage, mostly. Plays pretty defensive. Oh, and low ceiling stages, Dash Attack is pretty dang good, actually. Kills around 120 on lighter characters, and 150 on smaller. And for a lulz note, I killed a Pikachu with 50 damage at the tail fin on Corneria

Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 12:20am (PST)
quote Jill Owns All
Yeah, Ivy is just to annoy for free damage, mostly. Plays pretty defensive. Oh, and low ceiling stages, Dash Attack is pretty dang good, actually. Kills around 120 on lighter characters, and 150 on smaller. And for a lulz note, I killed a Pikachu with 50 damage at the tail fin on Corneria

120 dash attack kills ? I don't even think it would kill jiggly puffy with no DI that soon. .

Date:   Oct 16, 11 at 4:56pm (PST)
quote AlMoStLeGeNdArY
quote Jill Owns All

120 dash attack kills ? I don't even think it would kill jiggly puffy with no DI that soon. .
Yeah, I suppose. I wasn't taking good DI in consideration because I play with guys who don't know how to do it, so I forget all about it sometimes, since it's just second nature to me now.

Date:   Oct 18, 11 at 6:39pm (PST)
I think I'm going to be getting a capture card so that I can upload some of my own matches. Then I'm going to make a website eventually (I'm not too sure yet). But i most likely will and hopefully I'll be able to.

Date:   Oct 24, 11 at 12:24am (PST)
That'd be cool. I enjoy watching good Brawls. All the ones I find on Youtube are always Brawl + or Brawl -. =P

Author:   Denver1313
Date:   Oct 24, 11 at 2:29am (PST)
quote Jill Owns All
That'd be cool. I enjoy watching good Brawls. All the ones I find on Youtube are always Brawl + or Brawl -. =P
Go look for mine, then lol

Date:   Oct 24, 11 at 2:56am (PST)
quote Denver1313
quote Jill Owns All
ok, sure. What is your channel name?

Date:   Oct 24, 11 at 3:01am (PST)
quote Jill Owns All
quote Denver1313
quote Jill Owns All
Same as my Neo name. They aren't very special though, just so you know lol. Or just type in Denver1313

Date:   Oct 24, 11 at 3:13am (PST)
There is only one video, you vs. PieDisliker. I can't find your actual channel.

Date:   Oct 24, 11 at 3:15am (PST)
quote Jill Owns All
There is only one video, you vs. PieDisliker. I can't find your actual channel.
It's just my Neo name lol

Plus, what are you talking about? If you type my name in the search bar, you'll see a bunch of matches

Date:   Oct 24, 11 at 3:20am (PST)
quote Denver1313
quote Jill Owns All
quote Denver1313
quote Jill Owns All
Same as my Neo name. They aren't very special though, just so you know lol. Or just type in Denver1313

Hey denver I just subscribed to your channel and friended you on youtube.

@ jill yeah I'd really like to get more of my matches uploaded but I have no way to record matches. There used to be people who'd upload them for me but they don't do it anymore =/.

Here's my youtube channel the vids are pretty old though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeyDMalcolm?feature=mhsn

Date:   Oct 24, 11 at 3:22am (PST)
Got it. I think I maybe had a space in your name before the number.

Date:   Oct 24, 11 at 3:47am (PST)
quote Jill Owns All
Got it. I think I maybe had a space in your name before the number.
Tell me what you think of those matches lol

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.