Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderators Corner - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38593/t1259720-moderators-corner/8.htm

Author:   SonicFire
Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderators Corner
-------------------------------------------
quote XboxOmac
Well I was wondering if Tenks can make it available for you to chat with other crews on this thread.
Err, that's basically what it is. =/

Though it actually needs to have productive discussion if not it'll fail just like the last.

Author:   XboxOmac
Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:14am (PST)
Well the limit is 3 allies. I was looking for a chance to talk with everyone. I don't mind if it's Brawl-Related only.

Author:   Slicer
Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:16am (PST)
quote XboxOmac
Well the limit is 3 allies. I was looking for a chance to talk with everyone. I don't mind if it's Brawl-Related only.
That's what "Crew Discussion" is for iirc

Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:22am (PST)
Well, I meant besides it being what it was made for. Like I don't find it that much good if it's only stuff to do with your crew. I meant a general discussion (Brawl-Related). If you don't get me, I mean it by talking about things in Brawl besides things having to do with the crew all the time.

Author:   Low Rider
Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:24am (PST)
Im down with that
but then wouldnt it get kinda....spammy?

Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:27am (PST)
How can it be spammy? Spam is considered short posts and off-topic posts. Isn't that spam?

Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:27am (PST)
There's the GD in the main forum. There's more non-brawl topics there seeing as there's enough talk about brawl as it is though. =/

As Low said, a GD for brawl would get kind of spammy.

EDIT: Xbox look at the crews, for example. They were for barlw only discussion. Not so much strictly ONLY for barlw but it's the main topic, yet there isn't so much talk about it as there was before.

Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:30am (PST)
yeah the GD is pretty much an "All gather here to talk about random shite" thread
I dont really know if we need another one just for crews, alto as nice as that is, it would be spammy, very very spammy

Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:31am (PST)
But Spam is considered all the above things I posted last.

Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:35am (PST)
Yeah. What you don't seem to get though is that the main forum could be used for anything brawl-related, crews are moar for people to talk about barlw or other topics with others, including allies. The Neo Dojo is for making battle threads so anyone can come in and challenge you.

It'd be better if you'd suggest a General Brawl Discussion thread in the main forum's Mod's Corner. =/

What Low means by spam is that people won't stay on-topic much if the rules aren't enforced or made strict, meaning that it might become a second GD.

Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:40am (PST)
Well, Tenks should be strict at it.

quote SonicFire
It'd be better if you'd suggest a General Brawl Discussion thread in the main forum's
Yes I totally mean by that.

Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:45am (PST)
how strict can one be in a GD
people have gone and talked a bout the most random stuff in it
and often people would drift away from the discussion if they find it boring (tbh, I know I do lol)

Author:   Onocron
Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 2:46am (PST)
At which point your post is deleted and you are given a warning for a ban. >_>

Rules can and have been enforced strictly before. I still have a plethora of PM's from Gotenks warning that my crew would've been shut down if they kept up with the off-topic stuff.

Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 3:23am (PST)
I don't really know though. It's Tenks what he can do and what he wants that will look well.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Feb 04, 09 at 4:25am (PST)
This was the previous Crew Discussion thread. That is what me and Orlando were deciding or thinking to bring back. We're not thinking of making a General Discussion for this forum. If you want to talk about Brawl with other people then there's the main forum. You can use it to discuss Brawl in with everyone. The Crew Discussion thread is meant for things about your Crew or even giving helpful tips to other members who run a Crew or want to run a Crew.

quote XboxOmac
How can it be spammy? Spam is considered short posts and off-topic posts. Isn't that spam?
Some short posts aren't considered spam. But a lot are. You can only say so much to certain things.

Brawls No Spam Rule:

Spamming is the act of posting pointless or off-topic remarks in any on-topic discussion. When posting, make sure to look at what you have written and ask yourself: Does my post contribute to the topic in any way? If the answer is no, then your message will most likely be looked upon as spam. An example of spam would be posting "Yes, I agree", or "lol, awesome". Neither of these messages will add anything to a conversation. Another form of spam is posting messages about one topic, while the thread is about a different topic. For instance, posting about your favourite character in a thread that is actually about new stages would be considered spam.
I'd link you or quote Neoseekers official rule on spam. But it doesn't go into detail.

quote SonicFire
It'd be better if you'd suggest a General Brawl Discussion thread in the main forum's Mod's Corner. =/
As the Moderator of the main Brawl forum. I can easily say why? What's the use of having a General Brawl Discussion thread in the Brawl forum? That whole forums purpose is to talk about Brawl. I don't see why there would be a need for one topic like that when you simply can find an existing thread on a topic or make a new thread.

quote Low Rider
how strict can one be in a GD
Trust me. You don't want to know how I strict I can be.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.