Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Marcus' father/past SPOILERS - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38541/t1524110-marcus-father-past-spoilers/

Author:   epengland
Date:   May 07, 10 at 10:15pm (PST)
Subject:   Marcus' father/past SPOILERS
-------------------------------------------
I decided to have a chat with several other avid gamers about Marcus' past.
My theory is that Marcus' father hooked up with the Locust Queen, helped her with science and crap, and gave birth to Marcus, who is half-locust.
My reasons for thinking this are because Adam Fenix is obviously tied into the Locust somehow. And the Locust Queen was like "are you really the son of Adam Fenix?" when she first saw him. And frankly, Marcus kinda looks like a bit of a locust.
Feel free to post your thoughts.

Author:   Mave Zero
Date:   May 08, 10 at 2:47am (PST)
Subject:   re: Marcus' father/past SPOILERS
Are you high? =x

Author:   Waldronnic
Date:   May 08, 10 at 1:43pm (PST)
Yeah seems a little cliche but tbh i'm sure its not that far from the truth...

If that appears to relate to the actual answer, then Marcus will have half the mind of a Locust or something, its very doubtful what else you said.

Date:   May 08, 10 at 11:27pm (PST)
A little bit.
But think about it. In the second Gears, when Marcus and Dom came across all those Stranded after they got into Mount Kadar, the old dude said "it doesn't matter, nobody but Locust get across that river." (paraphrasing) and the story would have gone along fine if he hadn't said that. The game creators are just trying to drop hints. At least that's what I think.

Date:   May 08, 10 at 11:31pm (PST)
Well the Queen is obviously civilized to some degree. So if her and Adam Fenix got it on, the child doesn't necessarily have to be full on bat-shit crazy.
And I know I'm horrible at explaining this. I'm not used to relaying my thoughts onto a keyboard.

Author:   Ryu429
Date:   May 09, 10 at 6:25am (PST)
Honestly I don't think that. I do think somehow Adam is with the Locust Queen in a sense of ally or maybe more. Who knows. But I highly doubt that was a hint from Chaps. It was more of a "you're screwed" kind of comment I think. If you try, you're most likely going to die or see things worst than death.

I do think Adam Fenix though is with the locust somehow. She seemed to know too much about him and the ending, as well as his voice on the computers made me think he is allies with the locust queen at least. (Maybe it was a double agent kind alliance but he and her seemed to work too well together from the bit they gave us.)

But yeah, I highly doubt Marcus is their child, its just Marcus is Adam's child which happens Adam to be with the locust. He probably talked about Marcus to the queen (if they are allies)

Author:   TheImperfectIdeal
Date:   May 31, 10 at 1:15am (PST)
Skorge was indeed Marcus' father, you would have known had you played and listened to the story.

How would he be in the Locust Terminal System?

Why would the queen make a reference to him during the skorge fight?

How would the Locust know to flood the hollow? They're inane killing machines.

Also, read the Gears comics, they have some insight on to the story.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.