Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Best strategist? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38480/t1149622-best-strategist/

Author:   Spear Master
Date:   May 04, 08 at 9:44pm (PST)
Subject:   Best strategist?
-------------------------------------------
Who is the best strategist in all the Warriors universe?
Can be absolutely any who's in Samurai/Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi. I was hoping to make a post that was more unique, I'm always happy to hear peoples opinions

Author:   Akashi
Date:   May 04, 08 at 9:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Best strategist?
Lu Xun. Or maybe Kotaro I always love his ways to solve problems.

Author:   Singe The Master
Date:   May 04, 08 at 10:07pm (PST)
Guo Jia >.> He woulda pwnd Zhuge Liang and Zhou Yu

Author:   Artirtico
Date:   May 04, 08 at 11:52pm (PST)
Guo Jia was brilliant - how about Jia Xu or Tian Feng or Fa Zheng - I believe any of them could have given the playable strategists a run for their money too

Author:   InabyamaCastle Guard
Date:   May 05, 08 at 12:17am (PST)
agreed, but replace the dying Guo Jia with Chen Gong. Also, Lu Xun was great. Sima Yi I think is a bit underrated too, seeing as he set up all three kingdoms for defeat in a pretty short amount of time

Author:   Singe The Master
Date:   May 05, 08 at 12:20am (PST)
Omg what do you have against Guo Jia? He was great and did many gerat things for Cao Cao... He was one of his most trusted advisors. And the only reason he died was because of Heat Stroke which is beyond anyones control. Chen Gong was a fool. I admit he was pretty cool but leaving Cao Cao of Lu Bu was a idiotic act. I also think Xu Shu was a pretty good strategist. Altho my top 3 strategists:

1. Guo Jia (Obviously)
2. Pang Tong (I'll explain below)
3. Jia Xu (He was pretty smart)

Pang Tong was an awesome strategist. He knew that the ambush that Zhang Ren has set up was going to happen. He risked his life for Liu Bei who wanted to go down that path.

Author:   InabyamaCastle Guard
Date:   May 05, 08 at 12:44am (PST)
Chen Gong followed what he thought was right, which is why he is one of my favorite officers. He saw Cao Cao for what he was in the incident where they killed the family, and chose to leave him. He also chose not to assassinate Cao in his sleep before leaving, and also did not ask for pardon, even though he could easily have, when he was captured by Cao later on. That is why I respect him so much. His plans proved useful for Lu Bu on the few occasions when Lu Bu listened to him, so he really was not a fool. You could argue that opposing Cao Cao even when it was hopeless was a foolish thing to do, but it just shows that his devotion was just on a higher level than his survival was, which is something that really stands out most for me in officers.

The main reason I dont like Guo Jia is that I think he is overrated. I mean, he did come up with the Liao Dong plan against the Yuans, but thats pretty much his only thing that he did to set himself apart from other officers - his death before it happened is the main thing that credits him on that. I dont like how Guo Jia was put into high trust for Cao Cao from the very start, when the older strategists, like Xun Yu, had to take a back seat for him, just because of his reputation. For example, Cao Cao said after Chi Bi that if Guo Jia was alive, he would not have lost the battle. But the fact is, his other advisors warned him not to tie the boats together, but he just ignored them, whereas he probably wouldnt have ignored Guo Jia. How can that be justified? Xun Yu deserves, at the very least, as much credit and trust from Cao Cao as Guo Jia had.

I definitely agree about Jia Xu though. He is probably the only person to outsmart Cao Cao in his prime on a regular basis, while having less favorable conditions in battle. He also never seemed to give bad advice. He seems to come to the right conclusion about everything within a short time, and has a truly flawless record about everything from judgement of character to long term military strategies.

Author:   Akashi
Date:   May 05, 08 at 1:02am (PST)
I still say Kotaro his method is easier....kill.

Author:   MysticBlaze
Date:   May 05, 08 at 5:20am (PST)
Lu Xun must be the best strategist! But, in the end, Sima Yi won the three kingdom, so he might be the best, but he is disloyal. Since I haven't play SW yet, I don't know the best strategist in Japan

Author:   Seth_the_death
Date:   May 05, 08 at 8:57am (PST)
quote MysticBlaze
Lu Xun must be the best strategist! But, in the end, Sima Yi won the three kingdom, so he might be the best, but he is disloyal. Since I haven't play SW yet, I don't know the best strategist in Japan
I agree if Lu Xun the best strategist. But Zhuge Liang will beat him. Best strategist in Japan of course Mitsunari Ishida.

Author:   Sleva
Date:   May 05, 08 at 10:38am (PST)
Hanbei/shigeharu Takenaka is dah best!!! He was the guy behind the castle in Mino SW1 (the one where Hideyoshi says that he built a castle in one day)
Shigeharu is often likened to Zhuge Liang of Romance of Three Kingdoms. This is mostly due to a romanticized tale of Hideyoshi needing to visit Shigeharu many times before gaining his services, much similar to Liu Bei's three visits to Zhuge Liang.[3]

Author:   guang
Date:   May 05, 08 at 10:46am (PST)
Shingen Takeda was an awesome strategist. He took control of Shinano and owned the Uesugi. He also defeated the Tokugawa at Mikatagahara, and he would've probably taken the capital if he hadn't been snipered.

He's definitely the best strategist of the Sengoku era.

Author:   PangTong_Blademaster
Date:   May 05, 08 at 12:48pm (PST)
Kenshine and Shingen were the best IMO. Pang tong was great too but didn't live long enough to show off his true potential.

Author:   jfury_mdv
Date:   May 05, 08 at 3:11pm (PST)
I Say Its Sima Yi. Then Zhuge Liang. Then Mitsunari Ishida.

Author:   Balambgirl
Date:   May 05, 08 at 4:13pm (PST)
Hmm, tough question. There's a lot of great strategist. The obvious would be Zhuge Liang and Sima Yi. Though that said i believe Zhuge Liang is massively over-rated. He tends to be over used in the game, and maybe even over-credited. In the game most strategists were in his shadow, when it wasn't always that way historically. I think Sima Yi is better, more cunning, though he doesn't really get the character development he could so much benefit from.

I think if you want quite a devious, cunning strategist Mitsunari Ishida would come top.

As for Zhou Yu, I adore him as a character, but i don't think his talents as a strategist were made use of in the game the way they were in RTK. He's an excellent fighter in the game but we see very little of his planning and strategies, so game wise, i wouldn't put him top.
Guo Jia, again, very talented in history, but..non existent in the game.

Lu Xu, Lu Meng and Sakon Shima should get a mention too, even if they aren't the most conventional of strategists.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.