Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Introductions & General Discussion I: World at War! - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38234/t1268034-introductions-general-discussion-world-at-war/6.htm

Author:   Lucas0
Date:   Dec 11, 08 at 6:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Introductions & General Discussion I: World at War!
-------------------------------------------
There should be a pillar that falls down and takes the barriers out. You night havero get closer to the barriers to activate that part happening though

Author:   Jammaster
Date:   Dec 11, 08 at 7:01pm (PST)
Yeah, I often find that I have to push on to get the squad to follow me, otherwise you'll just be shooting at wave after wave of enemy soldiers.

Author:   LegendaryLegend
Date:   Dec 11, 08 at 10:05pm (PST)
Yeah, i know what you mean. You have to be the one who advances, no one else will. But this time, i was at the front, and nothing was happening. I found the sgt further back in a building. It was somesort of glitch, he had froze. Just stood there looking around

Author:   Sphinx
Date:   Dec 15, 08 at 6:31pm (PST)
Holy crap veteran mode is a nightmare. I'm up to Relentless now, but I dislike that mission on Regular and Hardened, so I have no idea how I'll manage on Vet. Amazingly I made it through the sniper battle in Vendetta after just two or three tries, but Their Land, Their Blood had me literally pulling my hair out, there is an almost constant stream of grenades coming at you at some points which is so irritating. Nevertheless, I'm slowly but surely gathering the alst few trophies I need.

Date:   Dec 15, 08 at 6:41pm (PST)
Yeah Veteran's annoying, I died like 50 times on the last bit on Burn 'em out, I just couldn't do it... I almost cried when I finally did it.

Date:   Dec 15, 08 at 9:51pm (PST)
Haha, I'd heard bad things about the flame tank bit on Relentless and needless to say, it is living up to expectations. First I got stuck clearing out the second anti-tank placement, now I am just dying everytime I try and make it up the hill. It is just insanely frustrating, as I make it all the way up the hill, patiently taking out as many as I can, but right at the top I keep getting shot but I don't know where the hell they are, shots just seem to appear out of nowhere. Part of the problem is that I am totally out of smoke grenades, so I have no cover, and I can't find any anywhere. I just want to give up, but I really can't face doing the first part of the mission all over again.

edit > Well I finally beat it last night after a good few hours of trying. I ended up backtracking to the trenches after the first anti-tank place and picking up the Scoped Springfield which was still knocking around down there. Made life a lot easier, as I could hang around further down the hill and pick them off. Still had to brave a slightly mad charge to reach the caves, but at long last I managed it. It's strange how some missions are just so much harder than others (by comparison I breezed through Eviction in about 20 minutes, only dying three or four times).

This message was edited by Sphinx on Dec 16 2008.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Dec 17, 08 at 2:11am (PST)
Hey I am Sonic Wave (formerly known as RoyMarthFireEmblem2, then to RoyMarthFireEmblem). You can find me in various forums. I just got the game today. I might need help on campaign on Hardened (2nd level). I have a mic, but I got it configured, but it still won't let me voice go on or hear people and it is not muted (or vol down).

Author:   original
Date:   Dec 17, 08 at 7:54pm (PST)
quote Sonic Wave
Hey I am Sonic Wave (formerly known as RoyMarthFireEmblem2, then to RoyMarthFireEmblem). You can find me in various forums. I just got the game today. I might need help on campaign on Hardened (2nd level). I have a mic, but I got it configured, but it still won't let me voice go on or hear people and it is not muted (or vol down).
On co-op? (If so, I'll help)

Since this is a GD.. how is everyone?

Date:   Dec 18, 08 at 2:49am (PST)
quote Original
On co-op? (If so, I'll help)
Yes, thanks mate. My PSN is: SoNiCxWaVe

Author:   weskraudaon
Date:   Dec 18, 08 at 2:53am (PST)
Nice to see you. Can I add you tomorrow?

Date:   Dec 18, 08 at 3:00am (PST)
quote weskraudaon
Nice to see you. Can I add you tomorrow?
Sure. I am on now more because of LBP and COD 5. I can't get my mic to work though. It's set-up on the system and not muted, or volume off. Yeah you had me when I had Mustangz04, but I forgot the password and deleted my system and made a new one.

Author:   original
Date:   Dec 18, 08 at 8:41pm (PST)
Silent_Crow, we got far on Nazi Zombies didn't we? :haha:

Date:   Dec 19, 08 at 8:51pm (PST)
I just beat Heart of the Reich on Veteran and I swear it is one of the most difficult things I've ever done in a computer game. That end bit when you have to enter the Reichstag is just insanely hard So glad it's over, now just Downfall to go and I'm done!

edit > Done

This message was edited by Sphinx on Dec 19 2008.

Date:   Dec 20, 08 at 11:04pm (PST)
Congrats Sphinx, I keep on trying to do the campaign but I can never be bothered after I die about 20 times.

I'm thinking of seeing a movie on Monday, does anyone have any ideas on what I should see? I'm thinking either Four Christmases or Madagascar 2.

Date:   Dec 20, 08 at 11:53pm (PST)
Cheers I think Four Christmases looks pretty funny, Vince Vaughn is a fairly safe bet. Last film I saw at the cinema was Quantum of Solace which was pretty disappointing.

So I have just 1 trophy till platinum which is Blue Ribbon (come first in a four player competitive co-op), and it's really winding me up. Not because I can't do it, but because I keep on getting useless people who keep dying and failing the mission, or crappy connections that cut out, or players drop out half way through. Any neoseekers want to sort out a time to do some co-op some time in the next couple of days?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.