Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Introductions & General Discussion I: World at War! - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38234/t1268034-introductions-general-discussion-world-at-war/4.htm

Author:   Arcanium
Date:   Nov 27, 08 at 6:17am (PST)
Subject:   re: Introductions & General Discussion I: World at War!
-------------------------------------------
Rumors has been going around that it would be Future Warfare, never know might just go back to Modern Warfare =/.

Author:   Chelsea Mint FC
Date:   Nov 27, 08 at 11:44am (PST)
I'd like to see how they pull Future Warfare out of the hat? I mean, they wouldn't have any information about the future which means the weapons, perks and maps would be bollocks. That is unless it's 2/3 years in the future but still, why couldn't they just do Modern.

Oh...Who cares, CoD5, CoD: W@W; the exact same thing TBH. It's the fifth version of the game am I right? So how can you not call it Call of Duty 5?

Author:   Arcanium
Date:   Nov 27, 08 at 3:12pm (PST)
Ever seen the show Future Weapons? It doesn't necessarily have to be in the distant future but more or less 40-50 years down the line. If you haven't seen the show I recommend you take a look at some of the current weapons in development.

• Future Weapons

Yeah but that's how the gaming business works, if it doesn't have that pacific number in it the game the next game will fill it's place like in GTA.

Author:   Chelsea Mint FC
    Date:   Nov 27, 08 at 8:50pm (PST)
    I'm not sure...I just can't really see it being much of a success. We've already got futuristic FPS games and I just can't see Call of Duty becoming one of those...But I may be proven wrong like I have many times but that's just my personal opinion.

Author:   Sphinx
    Date:   Nov 27, 08 at 11:58pm (PST)
    If they do future warfare then I'm sure it will fall into the generic bland post-apocalyptic sci-fi world already occupied by tons of shooters. It's equally as cliched, if not more so than world war 2, definitely an area to avoid.

On another note, does anyone else just have really bad days sometimes? I was playing online earlier and kept on playing absolutely appallingly. By no means am I an amazing player, but I generally have a decent k:d always getting a good handful more kills than I do deaths, but today I was ending matches something like 5-15. It was dreadful. Partly it was because I was experimenting with the double barrelled shottie on a few different maps, but I also had a few matches against a team full of players shamelessly whoring the MG42 and camping all the time. I certainly hope my k:d will recover quickly and that this is a shortlived dip.

Author:   Sullyone
    Date:   Nov 28, 08 at 12:25am (PST)
    Subject:   re: re: General Discussion I: World at War!
    Yeah, everyone has off days, when you just keep failing to kill and getting sniped in ridiculously nooby ways.
    You should get back into your rythym tomorrow or something, hopefully.

Author:   Jammaster
    Date:   Nov 28, 08 at 11:18pm (PST)
    For some reason I can never play on CoD: WaW between 7pm and 9pm. I get into the lobby and then it goes to the loading screen and says "setting up game" for ages until I'm put back into the lobby waiting for another game to start. Its obvious that the game is being played while mine's loading because I can hear people talking on their headsets. If I actually get into a game it lags like hell.

Anyone got any advice? I've tried restarting the router, and I even restarted my PS3 system, but it just doesn't seem to work. It was the same when I was playing CoD4, at exactly the same time.

Author:   Sullyone
    Date:   Nov 28, 08 at 11:24pm (PST)
    Subject:   re: re: General Discussion I: World at War!
    Maybe there's too many people on and the servers can't handle it?

Author:   LegendaryLegend
    Date:   Nov 28, 08 at 11:29pm (PST)
    This happened to me last night, and come to think of it, i think it could have been around that time.

Failed to get into about 5 games in a row, whether it was "Setting Up" the match, or host ending game, etc.

Was fairly annoying tbh and then i couldnt be bothered to play it after that because i had waited for so long when it was setting up the match

Author:   Funaki
    Date:   Nov 29, 08 at 10:59am (PST)
    Is Call of Duty:World at war better than CoD4??

Author:   Veg1ta
    Date:   Nov 29, 08 at 11:02am (PST)
    quote Funaki
    Is Call of Duty:World at war better than CoD4??
    i think it is due to the fact u have co-op etc, extra bonus modes and lots more, also i like the fact u cant just have a super duper gun with all the attachements and no weakness, i like the old guns better means ppl with the real skill benefit.

Date:   Nov 29, 08 at 11:06am (PST)
    Can u drive a tank or something in CoD: Wold at war?

Author:   Veg1ta
    Date:   Nov 29, 08 at 11:11am (PST)
    yeah tiger tanks and the russian armoured tank i think, dont know its name lol.

Author:   LegendaryLegend
    Date:   Nov 29, 08 at 11:12am (PST)
    quote Funaki
    Can u drive a tank or something in CoD: Wold at war?
    Only on like 2 maps.

Date:   Nov 29, 08 at 11:21am (PST)
    Okay I'm getting this game soon

• Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
    All Rights Reserved.