Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Colony *Accepting*[Started!] - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38223/t1785254-colony-accepting-started/

Author:   PokeMasterStar100
Date:   Oct 31, 12 at 6:15pm (PST)
Subject:   The Colony *Accepting*[Started!]
-------------------------------------------
THE COLONY
The story, or RP here, is called “The Colony,” based off the American television series, also called The Colony, specifically season 1, which is post-apocalyptic. What has happened, is human warfare, and an epidemic of hurricanes have appeared. Each hurricane was named, despite them being so deadly. Hurricane Markus, Hurricane Joel, and Hurricane Zelda were the hurricanes to tear away at the fabric of North America. The colonists will be at a compound in Oregon. However, remember, this RP is NOT, I repeat, NOT AN EXPERIMENT!! We're doing this as if it were REAL. Everything that happens, is REAL to your character.
As characters are introduced, they will have to go through the already fabricated group. The RP will start when there is 5 members ready. If you have questions, PM me.

Rules:
In this, the only rules are to survive. A viral epidemic has left you, and the other survivalists, as long as the hostile outsiders given, are the only ones alive on the PLANET. With just your Pokemon and teammates by your side, you must join together, and SURVIVE.
  • This is not an experiment; Hurricanes Joel, Zelda, and Markus have all depleted the entire West Coast, and modern warfare has devistated the rest of the world.
  • World War 3 took out the rest of the world.
  • The year is currently 2089.
  • Wild Pokemon ARE very common, as since these global catastrophes have taken out humans, Pokemon have adapted very quickly and are already adjusted to new life.
  • Your character can be as young as 10 and as old as 35
  • You may have up to 6 Pokemon.
  • You may have up to 2 characters.
**Any further questions, PM to me.**

Power:

Each colonist has a sort of position, what yours is, depends on you. If you want to be just a random person thrown in the place, fine. You may have up to 6 Pokemon, as usual, and you may be as young as 10, and as old as 35. You may have different positions, but you must PM me about it first.

[div align=center][b][u]Character Sheet:[/b][/u]

[b][u]Name:[/b][/u]
[b][u]Position:[/b][/u]
[b][u]Pokemon:[/b][/u]
[b][u]Background;[/b][/u]
[b][u]Relationships with others:[/b][/u] (Are you in a relationship with someone else? Is there someone you really can't stand? Emotional relationships with the other characters can majorly effect your character's reaction towards other things, even as simple as bartering or foraging)
[b][u]Gender:[/b][/u]
[b][u]Other:[/b][/u] (what I forget?)[/div]

So, PM this to me and I will add it to the OP, and if you have a picture, I'll add that too.

COLONISTS :

Now, enter the world of the Colony. Build everything from scrap, and have everything done by hand. The choice of life or death, is YOURS.

**You three have shown interest, and Azavier, you've said you're pretty sure you'll be doing it. Just fill out sheets or tell me you're not interested, I'll eventually take this off the OP.

Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 4:10pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Colony *Accepting*[Started!]
Q/A post.

Q1: How did Modern Warfare devastate the world?
Answer: A nucleic bomb of huge proportions took out most of Eurasia, leaving only small island bits of it, and did the same to Africa, Australia, and even destroyed a chunk of Antarctica. The nucleic bomb was never supposed to be activated, as it was always deemed that dangerous, but someone snuck into the base where it was kept, and, in a last ditch effort to win the war, without realizing how dangerous the thing in his hand was, set it off.

North America and South America are still there, but damaged completely by hurricanes and other natural disasters that came one after another for an unknown reason. Hurricanes Joel, Markus, and Zelda took out the west coast, while tornadoes and an earthquake took out the rest of the United States. Only survivors remain; these people will not bide by laws anymore, they will do anything necessary to get food, water, shelter, and to survive now.

Q2: How will the RP begin?
Answer: The RP will begin with the five survivors (as the RP begins when there are 5 colonists) all passed out in the same room/area. They will all be wary of each other, of course, but they will pitch together to survive. They have to, or else they'd die on their own, more than likely. Once that happens, they will go on a quest to find shelter, eventually appointing a leader.

Q3: Why does your character get to be leader, PokeMasterStar100?
Answer:
Because I know a lot about this show and I know what's needed, not to mention my character is a psychologist. Psychological issues, after anything devastating (as seen in Hurricane Katrina's aftermath) are going to be common. Very common. And if certain people don't know how to control those emotions, or take it out on others when angry, probably aren't a good leader. But it's mostly because I'm the creator of the RP and know a lot about the show.

Q4: How do Pokemon fit into this?
Answer:
Because Pokemon can give survivors a greater chance. As said before, Pokemon have already grown used to the new world, because they're quicker at adapting. Plus, people may turn to their Pokemon for comfort. So, they play a huge role in the RolePlay. Some can be used for security, some can be used for heat, some can be used for AC if it's too hot, some may be used to help find food. I don't know, the possibilities are endless, that's something each colonist chooses for his/her Pokemon.

Q5: How do new characters introduce themselves?
Answer:
This can be decided by the person's character, or they can meet up with some group members at home base. If they go to the home base of the original colonists, they will have to seem as non-threatening as possible, for fear of getting turned away.

Q6: Why are some characters' names in red?
Answer:
The newest character(s) will have their name in red rather than blue.

Q7: How many characters can you have?
Answer:
You may have up to 3 characters.

Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 3:54pm (PST)

The RP has begun!
THE COLONY
((KAT))

I groaned as I sat up, rubbing my forehead. My vision was blurry, and there was a cut on my forehead. It was bleeding, I could see by pulling down my finger and seeing the red liquid on it. I looked around, and saw Dan, but there were three others I had no recognition of... Two males, and a female. I didn't know who they were, but I could see they were starting to get up.

I went over to Dan, and held him close. I didn't know what had happened, I just remember that I had been standing outside, and then blackness. Nothing. Dan had been inside the house... I looked around. All that was around us were ruined and run down houses, looking terrible. I knew that Hurricane Zelda must have finally hit. Hurricane Zelda had been talked and thrown about lately, and I remember standing in the yard when a terrible earthquake happened, it made me fall and hit my head.... And then Hurricane Zelda's terrible winds must have happened.

The others had cuts and scratches and bruises on them as well. I looked to Dan realizing he had some injuries on him as well.

But... I could see powerlines down, houses and stores leveled... and basically no sign of life besides the others around me. This wasn't good...at all.

Author:   drybowser2010
Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 4:37pm (PST)
I woke up, lifting my head. I felt several specks of gravel fall from my auburn hair. My vision clouded, and I could only see shapes of what appeared to be other humans. I shook my head furiously, having propped myself up, and realized I was in a group of four other people. I jumped to my feet and tried to run away, but a loose pebble cought my shoe, sending me down again, I coughed and looked back. Someone seemed to be calling to me.

"This isn't good..." - I thought to myself. "P-people... a bunch of them..."

I recalled memories of a distant past, lying in the corner of my 1st grade class, crying... being laughed at intensely, while other kids in my grade regarded me as "wimp" and "weirdo". Trivial, yes, but the sting was just as worse as it could get. Ever since I was a little kid, I was nearly despised by everyone... years of torture and abuse from nearly every single person I had ever known left me completely untrusting of my own kind... avoiding as much contact with them as possible.

"I have to get out of here..." - I thought once again... "
I started picking myself up, my tattered coat now dripping with rocks, seemingly endlessly. I looked into the eyes of the person calling my name.

Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 4:50pm (PST)
((KAT))

"Hey," I called to him again, before he could run off, I went over to him, trying to help him stand. "Calm down."

I didn't want to hurt him, and I didn't want to scare him off. The entire area was leveled; surviving would be hard with so few people. Five people may sound like a lot to you, but a good ten or so would be needed to make surviving even relatively easy. I could see the pure panic and discomfort in his eyes.

"Come on, no-one wants to hurt you, or have you run off. We need everyone here," I told him, and he seemed to calm down around me at least. I was a psychiatrist; I could tell there was something off about this kid. His atmosphere was just strange, and there were old cuts and scars all over him...

OOC: drybowser2010[/div]

Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 4:56pm (PST)
My heart pounded as I felt her help me up, I was sweating all over, my forehead pure scarlet. I tried to control the heavy panting that came from my mouth, but I couldn't. I somehow managed to stutter:

"P-p-please, let me g-go... I can't be here...."

I gently tugged at my coat, which she had grabbed to help pick me up, trying to loosen her hands from it.

----------
OOC: PokeMasterStar100

Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 5:00pm (PST)
((KAT))

"Why can't you?" I asked him, not letting go. I had a stronger grip than he had, and I didn't plan on letting him go. Whether he realized it or not, he would be valuable. I just stared at him, waiting for his response. I could see how nervous he was... I just needed to know why.

Dan started to come over, but it only made the boy more nervous. He struggled harder, so I told Dan to back away. He did so, and I repeated my question. "Why can't you?"

OOC: drybowser2010, azavier

Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 5:04pm (PST)
Feeling her grip tighten... and watching this man come closer... it was more than I could take right now. I was already confused as all get-out from just waking up, and this group scared me, as I seldom saw people, often staying inside my room for days at a time... and I didn't intend to be harrassed right now. Tears started forming at my eyes, and out of terror, I screamed "I just can't!". I tugged harder, and nearly broke the left sleeve off my coat.

----

Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 5:11pm (PST)
((KAT))

I let him go, but I caught up with him, telling Dan to stay. I managed to get alone with him, thankfully.

"Hurricane Zelda took out all these, it was more than the city could take after Markus and Joel.... And of course, the aftershocks from the Nuclear Bomb... I'm sorry," I told him, realizing that I must have freaked him out badly with all the people. "But there are going to be many people like us. Thing is, they'll probably act aggressively to anyone they find alone... you can't be alone right now. It spells death for anyone that stays alone..." I told him. I knew what situation we were in now.

Live or die, dog eat dog, survival of the fittest... It would now come into play. I watched him carefully. He was petrified of seeing other human beings, and seemed to still be quite afraid of me. "P-please, let me g-go..."

OOC: drybowser2010

Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 5:18pm (PST)
I wiped the tears from my eyes, thankful to at least understand what was going on... but even more petrified of it now. I backed slowly away from her, hoping to avoid any further contact.

"I...if I stay... will you keep the others away from me...?" - I forced myself to say. I really didn't want to die... at least, not now... I probably would take my own life soon enough... but I had a feeling she wouldn't let me go quietly.

Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 5:33pm (PST)
((KAT))

"Eventually, you'll have to get used to them," I said, "but as for now, yes. Come back with me, but don't come back to the... gravel pit...? Or whatever we were in, okay?"

"Okay..." He replied. "Now come on," I told him, as we headed back. He stopped a few yards before the others, and I let him stay there. I went back, and everyone else was now awake.

OOC: azavier, drybowser2010, MewHearts, KrystalDark

Author:   MewHearts
Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 5:34pm (PST)
Melanie
I slowly lift myself off the floor and look around a boy was backing away from this girl. The boy was crying and the girl trying to comfort him. I backed up realizing I was in pain. Severe pain. I look down to my arm glass shatters stuck abrutly out of it. I wince as I pull them out. Then throwing them on the floor. I could feel tears rolling down my face. I put my hands to my head and began too cry. I then had a vision which stopped me all together. It was of destruction.
Fire making large buildings cowering in its way. Tornados rushing through streets. Pokemon burning up what looked like corpses.
It terrified me to my very soul. I didn't realize it but I screamed it was very high pitched...

[HR]
Ooc: drybowser2010 PokeMasterStar100

Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 5:47pm (PST)
I wrapped my arms around myself, my think, long hair covering my eyes, which were already shut. I imagined I was in my room, just lying on my bed with my hands behind my head, thinking about my future. I remembered the time I was the most happy in my life... when my "parents" took all of my "siblings" to a resort somewhere in Florida. Leaving me alone, all by myself... I snapped back into reality, the burning inferno of questions deep inside me. I started panting, remembering what she said.

"Eventually, you'll have to get used to them."

OCC: PokeMasterStar100

Author:   Krystal Dark
Date:   Nov 03, 12 at 6:45pm (PST)
Jack

I can feel myself waking up to a searing pain in my leg.
"Ugh, what hit me?" I said trying my best to stand up.
Only to fall back to the ground wincing in pain.
"Guess i should stay here for a bit." I said as i looked around at where i was, only to spot four other people.
"What happened?" I thought looking around the ruins.

OOC: PokeMasterStar100, MewHearts, drybowser2010, azavier

Date:   Nov 04, 12 at 5:23am (PST)
azavier KrystalDark drybowser2010 MewHearts
I need to know who wants to still be in this RP... I have the vibe that almost all of you will leave, but I won't blame you for it. Do what you want.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.