Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon: The Bug Catcher Chronicles - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38223/t1743367-pokemon-bug-catcher-chronicles/

Author:   Error404
Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 4:41pm (PST)
Subject:   Pokemon: The Bug Catcher Chronicles
-------------------------------------------
HEEEEEEEEY!!!
I'm Error 404 and I'm here to bring you POKEMON THE BUG CATCHER CHRONICLES!!! The comic starts in Elvira town with our main characters Zack the Bug Catcher and Youngster gaberiel on thier epic quest to save the world!

Finally a user bar!!

[img link=http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38223/t1743367-pokemon-bug-catcher-chronicles/]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o510/Trevor_Labron/AATBCCUSERBAR.png[/img]

BYEEEEEEE!!!

Author:   w111j
Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 5:20pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon: The Bug Catcher Chronicles
Glad to see a new face doing a new comic. You seem to know what you're doing for the most part, seeing as you haven't made very many of the usual rookie mistakes, and your custom sprites look very nice, but I have a few bits of advice.

For starters, ditch the "To Be Continued". Unless you explicitly say that you're done with the comic, it's going to continue either way. No use stating the obvious and wasting a panel.

Second, if your text is going outside of your Text Box, then it's too large. Your text is very large anyway, so lowering it a size or two will not hurt it in the least, and it will also allow you to convey more information.

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 6:46pm (PST)
Thank you for the feedback. The to be continued is gone! I'll try to make the text smaller in the next issue!

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 7:21pm (PST)
quote Error404
Thank you for the feedback. The to be continued is gone! I'll try to make the text smaller in the next issue!
I wasn't saying the text needs to be smaller, because you should do what you would like to do, just that it shouldn't go outside of the text box, like it did in panels 7 and 8, because then it just looks sloppy, and unappealing.

Another thing, suggestions and advice are just that. If someone's telling you where something looks sloppy or bad, you should look to not make the same mistake or choice in the future, but that doesn't mean you have to necessarily go about it the way the person said. A big part of making comics is to just find what works for you, and expound upon it. Some people are better at general visual graphics(Fawful), some are better at battle effects(neffoneR), some are better at plot and storyline, and there's a whole host of other important things that some people are better at than others. It's only a matter of time before you figure out what YOU excel at, if you don't already know.

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 8:54pm (PST)
I got REALLY BORED!!!!! So I decided to make and post the next comic already. That's probably not the right thing to do but, eh? Who cares?

Also It won't let me make a userbar because I can only have 2 URL's in one post. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it...

Author:   Shiny
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 6:00am (PST)
I think that has got something to do with the post count. Once you hit 25 posts, you'll be fine.

Anyway, this isn't a bad attempt at all. You've got all the basics nailed. Just remember what w111j said and you'll get better in no time. Just PLEASE get rid of the 'narrator time' thing. It adds nothing to the comic, wastes a panel and just makes the comic look worse. Finally, try slowing down the plot a bit. It's kinda confusing the way it is.

Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 9:44am (PST)
Thank you for the feedback! The 3rd episode is coming out tonight or tomorrow.

Author:   Denny the Fisher
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 11:00am (PST)
I think the mods have covered everything with you. But, really, this isn't a bad place to start from whatsoever. You just have to keep building. Oh, and I suggest, if you haven't alreaddy, plan out some things you want to happen, so you don't make it up as you go along. I've learned that the hard way. -.-'

Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 12:18pm (PST)
This is alredy at 3 comics and it's only my second day! I just can't stop spriteing! I'm really getting into it! Well anyway, her's the third comic

I can't put it in my first post because I need to have posted a bunch first but, that's okay. (PS I know it says episode 4 But I'm to lazy to fix it so... oh well.)
(PSS What do you guys think of the battle system? I really didn't know how it would turn out...)
(PSSS Actually, I'm gonna ditch the battle system... It's a lot of work and whn I get to full on battles, It'll get really annoying. SO, if you liked it, sorry...)

Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 12:58pm (PST)
If you want to change the battle system, that's fine. The majority of comic makers on PokeFiction use the Overworld Sprites to battle anyway.

Author:   Hmszelda
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 3:23pm (PST)
This seem like a cute little comic, so fan me

Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT MY FIRST FAN!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrJEE3_2s-k&feature=related
OH HAPPYDAY!!!

Date:   Jul 07, 12 at 9:57pm (PST)
(Sorry for double posting but it wouldn't get updated if I didn't actually post)
Finally the next episode is out. This one took a little longer than expected...

Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 10:59am (PST)
Hey, Error404, just thought I'd point out that you used a male sprite for a female character...

Also, in PokeFiction, you may double post in your own thread, so long as it's to update the comic/fanfiction. Just thought I'd make you aware of that.

Author:   Hmszelda
Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 12:02pm (PST)
Whaaaat D: but shes a bad guy :C

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.