Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Inamorata - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38223/t1576869-inamorata/

Author:   Applepious
Date:   Sep 16, 10 at 1:22am (PST)
Subject:   Inamorata
-------------------------------------------
Applepious is back with a new Fanfiction! Hopefully this one will actually get finished... Anyways, enjoy!

~Inamorata~

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

-Mary Frye

A lone figure kneels, enshrouded by darkness, on a cold, iron floor. His body is covered in a layer of dirt and other unmentionables. A single drain is located near the center of the prison. A foul stench, like one from an outhouse that never gets cleaned, rises from the duct. He wears the remains of, what used to be, a glorious tuxedo. The fabric is torn in several places, revealing the bruised skin underneath. Sunlight streams in from a barred window. The warming rays stop just a few meters away from his tattered body. Shackles bind him tightly, constricting his movements. His wrists are bruised and bloodied. He struggles to reach the light, to feel the life-giving rays on his hand just one more timeā€¦ but to no avail. Again, his bonds deny him his freedom. He hears a voice outside.

"Oy! I think he's awake." It said.

"What a pity." A second voice replied.

"You said he would stay quiet until we arrived!"

"Well, I guess I was wrong."

"Then go knock him out again!"

"Do it yourself... and give him a bigger dose this time." There was no hint of cruelty in his tone. He spoke bluntly, taking no joy in the situation.

The first man grumbled something incoherent. A slit opened and a large tray was pushed through. A large slice of bread and a large pitcher of water lay on the metal sheet. Without any hesitation, he grabbed the bread and devoured it hungrily. He reached for the water next, gulping the entire container within seconds. He waited in silence, as the drug took effect. His consciousness slowly slipped away. Sparkling dust fell gently from a vent above his head, assisting his sleep. He laughed crazily as he drifted into a state of forced slumber, escaping the pain and horrors of the world he is forced to endure.

In his dream, he sees a meadow. Verdant grass extends from horizon to horizon. The breeze blows strongly, unhindered by any trees. The strong wind sends ripples throughout the green ocean. A girl stands atop a hill. Her silver hair blows beautifully in the breeze. He cannot move. He opens his mouth to call out to her, but no sound emerges. He is forced to watch as she stares out into the empty plains. He knows instinctively that she is waiting; waiting for someone she had never met. She was waiting for him. As that thought passes through his mind, the girl turns around slowly. It was, at that moment, when his dream world was shattered by screaming coming from outside. He awakes to find himself slumped against the wall, with no memory of his dream. The door opens. Light floods the cell. He is blinded by the sudden illumination. He hears something heavy get thrown beside him, then the heavy door shuts. It takes him a moment for his eyes to adjust back to the darkness. He stares at the outline of a figure lying beside him, unconscious. The curves imply that the new prisoner is female. As his vision improves, he sees that she had been left, relatively untouched. There were no scars or rips in her clothing. Her auburn hair is tied back in a pony-tail. She wears the clothing of a simple farm girl. Traces of glimmering powder could be found in her clothing. He takes some of the powder and rubs it on his face. His eyelids begin to droop, as the powder sends him back to the sweet embrace of sleep.

Author:   InfinateShadow
Date:   Sep 16, 10 at 6:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: Inamorata
Hmmm... Interesting. I can already tell you I am going to like this. Well, unless the writing changes a lot. Eh, it is another story that starts off in a dark and dreary place. That's what I like, and it is getting more popular. I look forward to more.

Author:   ssvegeta12
Date:   Sep 17, 10 at 9:53pm (PST)
liking the story. I can already tell I'm going to be reading this one. I like the dream sequence a lot. No idea how the powder gets him to sleep. I've gathered that it's a drug though, obviously.

Author:   Haplicity
Date:   Sep 17, 10 at 9:53pm (PST)
It's Sleep Powder... not a drug.

Author:   ssvegeta12
Date:   Sep 17, 10 at 10:11pm (PST)
oh okay. It just seemed like that. Now it makes more sence. Lol. Sure read that one wrong.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.