Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Can anyone tell me where to get a free avi to wmv converter that can do HD? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1768726-anyone-tell-to-get-free-avi-to-wmv-converter-that-hd/

Author:   Randome
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 12:25pm (PST)
Subject:   Can anyone tell me where to get a free avi to wmv converter that can do HD?
-------------------------------------------
I'm not sure of this the the right place to ask.

All programs I can find are either false advertising and demand money when I run them, or have totally unacceptable shit quality (like 400 px stretched to cover the required screen area).

The output has to be at least 720 px and it has to actually be HD, not some half-ass bullshit where some 300 px is stretched.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Can anyone tell me where to get a free avi to wmv converter that can do HD?
Is your source material HD?

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Can anyone tell me where to get a free avi to wmv converter that can do HD?
The source material was recorded while gaming at 1920 x 1080 pixels. And yes, that's how big the video is. Obvioulsly this won't be the last such video.

The idea is that I want to get it on youtube, but the codec used by that recorder isn't recognized by youtube. This wasn't a problem before, because my current converting program was up to the challenge of smaller videos.

And it has to be wmv, because some videos (tho not this one) have to be edited a little. I like to use the windows movie maker for that.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 4:00am (PST)
Any Video Converter will be sufficient for your needs.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 1:17pm (PST)
Thanks for your help, but that one can't do it right.

It does convert the video, but it switches yellow to green and red to blue.

Author:   ashantiqua
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 6:34pm (PST)
avs video converter hasnt made me want to punch anyone in the face.

supports a ton of formats and resolutions.

might have to torrent it though.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.