Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: SS4L user reviews - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/37944/t1714254-ss4l-user-reviews/

Author:   Solid Snake 4Life
Date:   Feb 07, 12 at 10:46pm (PST)
Subject:   SS4L user reviews
-------------------------------------------
No More Heroes
GTAIV
Oblivion
Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
Batman:AA
Dragon Age:Origins
Dead Rising 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
LIMBO
Gears Of War 3
GUN
Metal Gear HD Collection
King Rat
Alan Wake
Bioshock 2

So I finally decided to make a thread for my reviews and I attempted to post them chronologically although as Neo does it by title and platform a few might be out of order.

Author:   EricF
Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 1:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: SS4L user reviews
I can't believe you didn't have a thread already.

Anyway, I think you've probably got the strongest reviews on the site. I've loved every review I've read from you, that's for sure. There isn't a lot that distinguishes your pieces from most, but something makes it so much more professional and enjoyable to read. Your latest Gears of War review is superb.

Author:   Gryzor
Date:   Feb 15, 12 at 5:43am (PST)
I find myself enjoying your reviews as well.

One thing I've noticed is that you tend to only put in one screenshot and maybe an introductory image. I'm not sure about anybody else, but I always find it a bit odd to read through what I'd assume is a text only review, only to suddenly hit an image, and then for the rest of the review to be text only. Typically, placing two or three images after two or three paragraphs each works out pretty well for most reviews.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Feb 15, 12 at 7:28am (PST)
I'd agree with that. It's good to see you using images, but a few more would definitely make a welcome addition. A gap of 2-3 paragraphs between each is my usual measure too.

Date:   Feb 15, 12 at 8:02pm (PST)
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to implement more screenshots into my upcoming Rogue Squadron review. I usually try to place screenshots where I figure they're appropriate (such as LIMBO and the spider) but I can see where you guys are coming from.

Date:   Mar 31, 12 at 4:42pm (PST)
Finally got around to reviewing my favorite series of all time.

Date:   Apr 02, 12 at 5:23pm (PST)
Solid Snake 4Life - There are two really important reasons why I read this humongous review; Metal Gear Solid games are my favourite games ever, and you wrote it. While it's obvious you're a massive MGS fan, you're also an exceptional writer so I had to cling on to every word you wrote in this one. And of course, nothing disappointed. Extremely thorough, covering everything and making me agree with absolutely every opinion and point you made, this is the best review I've seen on the site. I was actually gonna get around to writing up a review myself for this as soon as I finished Peace Walker, but there is actually no point now. I can't live up to that - and you covered everything I can think of. Sensational work, keep it up buddy!

Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 3:30am (PST)
EricF you should absolutely still write your review. This is honestly the most fun I've ever had writing a review, while also being the most challenging as I wanted to do the series justice while looking at the titles in a critical light.
And as always thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Believe me when I say that review was a labor of love, more than a few times I just wanted to say f**k it lol. If it hadn't been Metal Gear I probably would have.

Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 8:59am (PST)
So I decided to try my hand at a book review, while I waited for Alan Wake to come in from Amazon. Lets just say I'm not used to it lol.
(And Alan Wake is great so far, just finished episode 1. Hope to have the review up before long. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes will be coming after that.)

Date:   May 07, 12 at 3:36am (PST)
Alan Wake is up, Twin Snakes will be the next one I review.

Date:   May 07, 12 at 7:11am (PST)
I had a good read of it yesterday and thought it was really impressive, as always. It's a game I've always wanted to get my hands on but somehow never have. It's nice and cheap now I'd imagine, and the review was enough to influence me to get up off of my ass and get it as soon as I can. It sounds like a perfect game for me to play.

Looking at videos and images since it's been out, it always reminded me of Alone in the Dark. Is it much like that (if you've played it, of course)?

Date:   May 07, 12 at 12:44pm (PST)
Never got around to playing Alone In the Dark. The original was a little before my time and as survival horror was never really my favorite genre I just never gave the series a try.

Author:   Lukas
Date:   May 09, 12 at 6:49pm (PST)
I remember playing the demo for the new Alone In The Dark game not really liking it, but eh, there should be a demo on Xbox Live. Always worth a shot.

oh, and curse you for making me want to play Alan Wake. Nah, but seriously, good review mate.

Date:   May 10, 12 at 7:17am (PST)
Yeah I might give Alone in the Dark a shot sometime, it is one of gamings classic and most revered series. And thanks I'd recommend you try out Alan Wake if you don't mind a game that takes some time to flesh out it's story. I know that the daytime sections will bore some gamers to tears but one of the reasons I'm not a huge COD or modern FPS fan is because those games practically have no pacing. Every things pretty much cranked up to 11 the moment you've completed the tutorial (obviously this does not apply to every FPS). Since Alan Wake gives you some time to breathe the set pieces end up having much more of an impact.

Author:   Lukas
Date:   May 10, 12 at 6:03pm (PST)
I bought it when it came out on PC and I'm nearly at the end of the second episode (only really started getting around to playing it a couple of days ago). I'm loving it so far.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.