Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Articles of Excellence (Defunct) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/37944/t1563651-articles-of-excellence-defunct/

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Aug 07, 10 at 10:18am (PST)
Subject:   Articles of Excellence (Defunct)
-------------------------------------------
NEW THREAD HERE!

Welcome to the latest iteration of Articles of Excellence! This contest is the decider for what’s hot when it comes to the latest batch of reviews published on Neoseeker by our very own members of the community. It’s run by a voting process that spans a two-week period, each period displaying the reviews that have been accepted onto the site in the two weeks previous.

To vote, simply send a PM to Dark Arcanine once a new period starts and before the given deadline. All you need to do is include a link in the body of the PM to the review from the current period that you think deserves to win. Make sure to get your votes in on-time or you’ll miss out on having your say! Once the deadline has been reached, votes will be tallied and a winner announced. Then the next period will start up, and so the process continues.

Sadly, I can’t afford to award you with monetary gain. What you will get, is praise and attention in various manners. First and foremost, fellow reviewers will post in this thread to give their congratulations. On top of this pat on the back, you’ll also be featured at the top of this forum, in a blog post giving a quick overview to the review and you’ll also have your review featured in a news article on GameGrep. As such, for winning the contest itself you also win the opportunity to have your review viewed and critiqued by the larger community as well.

Current Period: May 7th - May 21st, 2012

Deadline: June 4th, 2012

List of Reviews:

Shadows of the Damned by Monterey Jack
Xenoblade Chronicles by Duncan Idaho
Shadows of the Damned by Rift
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall by Dark Moor
Tomb Raider by Monterey Jack
One by Aevers
ActRaiser by Stalagmite
Brink by EricF
Sequence by Gryzor
BioShock 2 by Solid Snake 4Life
Chronicle (movie) by Chad
Assassin's Creed by Lukas

Previous Thread

This message was edited by Chad(153755) on 2012-06-06T00:15:49-07:00.

Date:   Aug 07, 10 at 10:18am (PST)
Subject:   re: Articles of Excellence (Defunct)
First of all, yes I'm officially taking over the contest as it's next runner. I hope all you regulars will be both comfortable and happy to have me as a replacement. I'm hoping to do just as well with it as Chad and more recently Insanity Prevails has. The astute of you (those who bothered to read the first post haha) will notice there is a new part to the normal set of awards. You'll now also be featured in an article on GameGrep, something I hope you guys and girls will enjoy. And so you know, it does not mean Insanity Prevails is out of the picture. He will now have his reviews put into the running to win again. In other words, he's become a participant once more, so watch out! As I've not won many, I would still like to have my own in the running too. If you the voters don't want this, however, please politely let me know. If you are all fine with it, I've already decided that if there's a tie I will vote for someone else and automatically forfeit a possible win for myself.

Now on to business!

Congratulations to Vergil Ties and his Infinite Space review!

New round is up, with a decent amount of reviews with a great mix of consoles, so get voting!

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Dark Arcanine on Aug 07 2010.

Author:   Vergil Ties
Date:   Aug 07, 10 at 11:21am (PST)
Nice. Let's try two for two, though this might be hard, since there are some pretty well written reviews in there. I won't name names, though.

Why do I get the feeling that you, and not Ryan, will be the next moderator of this place?

quote Dark Arcanine
Sadly, I can’t afford to award you with monetary gain
I could. I just don't want to.

Author:   Insanity Prevails
Date:   Aug 07, 10 at 4:01pm (PST)
Well done Vergil on another victory. Nicely done.

A big thanks to Dark Arcanine for taking over the contest as well. I really appreciate it. The addition of the GG feature is awesome.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Aug 07, 10 at 5:33pm (PST)
Thank you Dark Arcanine ;D I've forgotten to send in my votes and stuff though in the past few weeks. O:

Congratz, Vergil ties!

Author:   Narphinean
Date:   Aug 07, 10 at 9:07pm (PST)
Congrats VT

I've come out with another review this round, though it's been a while. And I look foward to reading through this set!

Author:   Alyssa
Date:   Aug 08, 10 at 2:32am (PST)
Good on you, Vergil. Guess you'll be working on Bayonetta now, am I right?

quote Vergil Ties
quote Dark Arcanine
Sadly, I can’t afford to award you with monetary gain
I could. I just don't want to.
lol

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Aug 09, 10 at 1:52am (PST)
How the hell did I miss my own article being winner and myself not being told before? =3

Author:   Vergil Ties
Date:   Aug 15, 10 at 12:03pm (PST)
Was definitely a tricky round. Managed to vote through a random process of elimation.

Oh, and maybe, Sai. Maybe. I know I'll be waiting for Vanquish in the meantime.

Date:   Aug 19, 10 at 7:36am (PST)
As I mentioned to regulars through a reminder PM, voting announcement and the various changes that will follow said announcement will be one day late as I'll be very busy tomorrow. So you have until midnight tomorrow to get in your votes!

DA Edit: Also, those who wish to be sent a reminder PM in the future please let me know either in post or through PM. I will be keeping a list in order to maintain a decent quantity of votes per period.

Actually, nevermind, getting my dates confused. It's all cool, announcement on Sunday. But still get your darn votes in!

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Dark Arcanine on Aug 19 2010.

Author:   Alyssa
Date:   Aug 19, 10 at 11:52am (PST)
Sent it in. Bit tricky, considering that everybody writes such fantastic reviews.

quote Vergil Ties
Oh, and maybe, Sai. Maybe. I know I'll be waiting for Vanquish in the meantime.
Ooh, rereleasing the old Sega fanboy within, are we?

Date:   Aug 22, 10 at 7:15am (PST)
You guys certainly wanted to make this round difficult! Not only did we get a nice list of quality reviews, we ended up with a five-way tie! Making a very difficult choice for me as to who to choose for the split. Although that means we only got five votes (and I sent out more than five reminder PM's to people who hadn't voted) it's pleasing to see that several people have been recognised for top work this round. So nice job to Aevers , Gamecube Guru, Insanity Prevails and Kiker! And the winner...

Congratulations to Dark Moor and her White Knight Chronicles review!

Author:   Insanity Prevails
Date:   Aug 22, 10 at 10:16am (PST)
Congrats Dark Moor. A worthy review to lose against. Looks like I've still got some appeal with my reviews too.

Author:   Gryzor
Date:   Aug 22, 10 at 10:22am (PST)
quote Dark Arcanine
Although that means we only got five votes (and I sent out more than five reminder PM's to people who hadn't voted)
You can blame Monday Night Combat for that.

Oh, and go Sai! *bleep*en hell, that was a pretty good review, especially for a first timer.

Date:   Sep 05, 10 at 8:38am (PST)
If I didn't know better I'd say people here are trying to strike lucky.

Congratulations to Dark Moor and her Final Fantasy XIII review!

Also, notable mentions to Kiker and Vergil Ties! Though you guys really need to improve on getting votes in, been too busy to send out PM's this time and only got four including my own.

New round and various winnings will be up shortly so feel free to congratulate on the two-in-a-row win!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.