Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ultima Weapon or Void Gear? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/37288/t1593000-ultima-weapon-void-gear/

Author:   Markimus_123
Date:   Nov 10, 10 at 9:07am (PST)
Subject:   Ultima Weapon or Void Gear?
-------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I'm trying to beat Mysterious Figure with Terra(I know it's been deemed impossible but I wanna give it a go anyway), what do you think the best keyblade for me to use would be, Ultima Weapon or Void Gear?
PS: Dunno if it makes a difference but I'm trying on Standard, not a maniac

Author:   Millennium Master
Date:   Nov 10, 10 at 11:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Ultima Weapon or Void Gear?
From what I read Ultima Weapon is second in strength to Void Gear, third to Terra's Chaos Ripper and its magic strength is surpassed by the No Name and Brightcrest and equaled by the Pixie Petal.

Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 12:01am (PST)
Yeah I may be better going for it with the Chaos Ripper, I'm not trying any fancy Keyblade attacks, just normal hacks and slashes, my entire command deck is mega potions atm, just as it was with Vanitas Lingering Spirit xD

Author:   King of Ice
Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 8:01am (PST)
Neither,use Chaos Ripper instead.

Especially,if you're doing the Thunder Surge thing,Thunder Surge is a physical command and Chaos Ripper adds a lot of strength.

Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 1:39pm (PST)
quote King of Ice
Neither,use Chaos Ripper instead.

Especially,if you're doing the Thunder Surge thing,Thunder Surge is a physical command and Chaos Ripper adds a lot of strength.
I don't remember seeing Thunder Surge in my Command List, yet I have all chests for Terra :/ And there's no other way of getting it for Terra am I right?

Author:   King of Ice
Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 1:44pm (PST)
You need to meld Thunder Surge:
Thundara (LVL 3) + Stun Edge (LVL 3)
or
Thundara (LVL 3) + Fire Dash (LVL 3)

Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 1:48pm (PST)
Awesome, thanks Determined to beat Mysterious Figure, even it is on Standard

Author:   Ultravegeta
Date:   Nov 11, 10 at 10:35pm (PST)
Ultima Weapon has higher Critical Rate than Void Gear but one strength stat less. And Void Gear has higher Critical rate than Chaos Ripper but two strength stats less.

I guess going on the Crit Rates, the Ultima would more consistently deal higher damage.

But I've used both Chaos Ripper and Void Gear to beat him. Next video will be with Ultima I guess

Author:   soraversusroxas
Date:   Nov 13, 10 at 6:59pm (PST)
chaos ripper all the way trust me. chaos ripper+thunder surge will get the job done but with a lot of luck.

Author:   Ultravegeta
Date:   Nov 17, 10 at 12:58pm (PST)
Here, beat MF with the Ultima Weapon too. I love its critical hits

Date:   Nov 17, 10 at 3:51pm (PST)
Woah nicely done man I'm gonna try that now, I'm only on Standard so it'll be easier, even though I won't have the extra command slots
EDIT: Wait, you don't have extra slots.....I swear I heard from someone you get more command slots on Critical

Author:   kaijudo
Date:   Nov 17, 10 at 7:44pm (PST)
quote Markimus_123
Woah nicely done man I'm gonna try that now, I'm only on Standard so it'll be easier, even though I won't have the extra command slots
EDIT: Wait, you don't have extra slots.....I swear I heard from someone you get more command slots on Critical
I think you only get extra slots earlier, as in you start off with more, but by the end of the game, you'll still have the same amount as any other difficulty.

Also, if you're finding too much difficulty, try levelling up. Terra vs MF is mostly luck-based (although if anyone has a solid strategy that doesn't depend on what moves MF does and when, I'd be happy to hear it ), and levelling up increases your strength, so at higher levels you can do more damage and get to the later (more difficult) stages of the battle faster.

Hey Ultravegeta, what level were you in that video? I pretty much had to max out Terra in order to beat MF on Critical myself.

Date:   Nov 17, 10 at 7:50pm (PST)
I'm level 99 with Terra xD I think it's lack of strategy to be honest, most of the times I've tried to beat MF, I've literally just went to fight him, Command Deck of Mega Potions(I know that is only really beneficial against Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment but meh...). I have my Thunder Surges at the ready for my next attempt
Oh and he was level 76, you can see at 2 minutes when he shows what he was using

Author:   kaijudo
Date:   Nov 17, 10 at 8:21pm (PST)
quote Markimus_123
I'm level 99 with Terra xD I think it's lack of strategy to be honest, most of the times I've tried to beat MF, I've literally just went to fight him, Command Deck of Mega Potions(I know that is only really beneficial against Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment but meh...). I have my Thunder Surges at the ready for my next attempt
Oh and he was level 76, you can see at 2 minutes when he shows what he was using
Thanks.

As for the megapotions, I'd recommend you level up four curagas and use them instead. A lot of the time when he summons those orbs to attack you with lasers, you need four curagas to effectively heal yourself to cope with the continuous attacks without dying. (Whenever he attacked me, I just used curaga whenever I needed healing, as leaf bracer would protect me for a few lasers, but the lasers kept lasting long enough for four curagas only just about protecting me )

Date:   Nov 17, 10 at 8:27pm (PST)
Yeah Curagas are probably my best bet. Also, I'm not entirely certain, but I don't think you can use mega potions in the air :/

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.