Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Kingdom Hearts III NOT in production - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/37288/t1540681-kingdom-hearts-iii-not-in-production/

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Jun 12, 10 at 5:15am (PST)
Subject:   Kingdom Hearts III NOT in production
-------------------------------------------
Many of us thought it was, but in this months Game Informer, Mr. Nomura has this to say:

quote Article
Question: "Translations of your interview in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Ultimania seems to confirm that Kingdom Hearts III is coming along with two other games."

Answer: "Kingdom Hearts III is not a confirmed title. I actually phrased my answer for the Ultimania "two other titles other than III" to avoid speculation that we were working on Kingdom Hearts III."

Well, there you have it. Guess we don't have a III coming by far.

Author:   kuje
Date:   Jun 12, 10 at 10:51am (PST)
Subject:   re: Kingdom Hearts III NOT in production
I fear the PS4 will come out before this does. Then it will take even longer for it to come out since they have to build another engine from scratch. But I couldn't care less to be honest. I'm happy with what they're giving us atm so I can wait.

Author:   Resilience
Date:   Jun 12, 10 at 4:25pm (PST)
But if I recall correctly. Nomura also said that Kingdom Hearts 3 wouldn't be titled that. So he may possibly be using trickery. They may not be working on a kingdom hearts 3, but they could be working on the next game in the series (After KH 2)

Author:   ShadowGuard
Date:   Jun 12, 10 at 5:10pm (PST)
^ He was talking about the next title, not necessarily KH3. KH3 will probably be called Kingdom Hearts 3, might have a subtitle like Kingdom Hearts 3: Keyblade Wars or something like that.

I call BS, Nomura probably has some work on KH3 already i my opinion. I just cant believe that there was 2 (actually 3) KH games for the PS2, yet there are still none for the PS3 and may stay that way.

Author:   Rabla
Date:   Jun 13, 10 at 4:23am (PST)
quote ShadowGuard
^ He was talking about the next title, not necessarily KH3. KH3 will probably be called Kingdom Hearts 3, might have a subtitle like Kingdom Hearts 3: Keyblade Wars or something like that.
So is still KH3. Nothing changes.

Anyway, why is this a big deal, we already knew they weren't starting development on this until after Versus and The 3rd Birthday.

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Jun 13, 10 at 4:24am (PST)
Not everyone did. I was just informing those who didn't know.

Author:   ShadowGuard
Date:   Jun 13, 10 at 5:03am (PST)
quote Rabla
quote ShadowGuard
So is still KH3. Nothing changes.

Anyway, why is this a big deal, we already knew they weren't starting development on this until after Versus and The 3rd Birthday.

While I agree its not a big deal, let me clarify, I think he meant the next game was going to be a side-game, The interview where he said that was before BBS was announced I believe. We just knew it was a KH game. Now that he has stated he is making two other games after BBS that are not KH3 is probably what he meant. In this interview, he calls KH3 by KH3, so the next main game in the franchise will probably be titled KH3, but many titles could come before that, possibly 5 (Coded, 358/2 Days, BBS, ???#1, ???#2)

Date:   Jun 13, 10 at 10:49pm (PST)
I think it's safe to assume one of those is re: Coded.

Author:   Rabla
Date:   Jun 14, 10 at 6:55am (PST)
As those interviews adressed the Japanese Audience, I dont think he would refer to Re:Coded as a 'New' Title.

Author:   kuje
Date:   Jun 14, 10 at 3:47pm (PST)
quote Rabla
As those interviews adressed the Japanese Audience, I dont think he would refer to Re:Coded as a 'New' Title.

I'm actually with Kurix on this one. The interview might have been for Japanese audience but Re:Coded will be released in Japan as well just like Re:CoM was.

Date:   Jun 14, 10 at 5:43pm (PST)
Shit, that's right. They released re;com with Final mix 2 didn't they?

Author:   Maddok
Date:   Sep 01, 10 at 9:16am (PST)
I had read KH III is in conceptual stages.
Maybe that doesn't count as production, but hey at least they're thinking about it.

Author:   kluck
Date:   Sep 01, 10 at 10:40am (PST)
Are you sure it's not Kingdom hearts 3D?

Author:   Maddok
Date:   Sep 01, 10 at 12:54pm (PST)
Well Wikipedia can't always be trusted, but this is what it says;
quote Wikipedia's Kingdom Hearts page
Kingdom Hearts III is currently in the conceptual stages which would mean that it would be the last to be released out of the three upcoming games. Nomura said, “The series won’t end in Kingdom Hearts III, more like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga.” It was also stated that "Sora will be the hero until the end" and will not be replaced by a new protagonist.[24] This release schedule fits with a recent statement Nomura made in which he said he wanted to release at least one Kingdom Hearts title a year, with Kingdom Hearts III being released in 2012 at the earliest.[30] The upcoming games were revealed during an interview with Nomura in March 2010 which was part of the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Ultimania, a companion guidebook for Birth by Sleep by Square Enix.[24]

Author:   ChozenMaster
Date:   Sep 01, 10 at 2:34pm (PST)
2012...That's entirely WAY to far to wait seeing as KHII was released in 2005! That means that it's sequel will have to way 7 FREAKING YEARS to be released! They can pump out Final Fantasys every some odd years, so why is the Kingdom Hearts series so difficult. I appreciate the side story games, I really do(loved 358/2 days and have a feeling I will wanna marry Birth By Sleep), but I wanna know what happens next!

/RantOver

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.