Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Can't get past the Geyser Rock - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/37241/t1053664-39-get-past-geyser-rock/

Author:   Strangebaby
Date:   Dec 06, 07 at 8:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Can't get past the Geyser Rock
-------------------------------------------
There must be something I'm missing... my sim's body score is 10, he's fully rested, he's got a stone hammer and a stone chisel... I can't do anything to that bloody rock. Can someone give me a hand? Thanks!

Author:   DonMI
Date:   Dec 06, 07 at 10:20pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Can't get past the Geyser Rock
You climb up that little hill and approach the big boulder on top. Like many other things in the game, you have to be at just the right position for it to work. I forget the exact message you get. I think it's just something simple like "chisel rock."

Author:   Llama Temple King
Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 11:24am (PST)
To get through Geyser Rock, here's how you do it...

First, check your sims' skills have been met first and your motives are high. Check you have a hammer and chisel in your tools inventory. Craft your required tools on the Hardwood Crafting Bench.

Go up the ramp on the right hand side of the Geyser portal. Your sim will have to inspect the large boulder at the top of this ramp. If skills, motives and tools have been met first, check your personal info (skills), and check your tools inventory. Your sim, if requirements have been met, will then proceed to dislodge this boulder.

If the boulder is dislodged successfully, Geyser Rock portal will now be accessible and your sims can cross it.

Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 2:23pm (PST)
That might be it. I don't have a Hardwood bench yet, but I do have metal tools crafted on the Forge. My sim has really high skill levels in just about everything except Creativity and I've made a little roof with a bed under it just by the rock so he's always well rested. Huh... just have to keep trying I guess!

Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 3:43pm (PST)
You don't need a hardwood bench. I got through this part without one. I only have a bamboo workbench which I keep in inventory and set up where and when I want to craft something. I thought you needed the stone hammer and chisel rather than the metal ones for this task.

Author:   lordtyger9
Date:   Dec 08, 07 at 5:21am (PST)
quote DonMI
You don't need a hardwood bench. I got through this part without one. I only have a bamboo workbench which I keep in inventory and set up where and when I want to craft something. I thought you needed the stone hammer and chisel rather than the metal ones for this task.
You need the stone hammer and chisel that is correct. You don't have to be fully rested in order to dislodge the stone, just get on the ledge to the right of the geyser and inspect the rock when you have the stone tools made and it will open the portal. When you try to go to Volcano Overlook,then you need full energy.

I don't believe that you can make metal tools until you have got pass the geyser.

Date:   Dec 09, 07 at 4:41pm (PST)
Nope, you definitely can make metal tools in the Forge in the Llama Temple before you get past the Geyser Rock. You just need ore and the right skill levels (and all the heiroglyph pieces, of course). I had the stone ones before and no luck. I guess I'm just rubbish at putting my sim in the right spot.

Date:   Dec 09, 07 at 7:37pm (PST)
Many things in this game need certain skill points to do, and there's no way of knowing what's required. You might need another logic or mechanical point before you can get through this part. I tried it several times, wandered off to do other things, and went back to it later before it worked for me.

Date:   Dec 10, 07 at 2:55am (PST)
Well, I'm not maxed out in Logic yet, and Creativity sucks, so I guess I need some more experience!

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'm really enjoying the game.

Date:   Dec 10, 07 at 4:09am (PST)
quote Strangebaby
Well, I'm not maxed out in Logic yet, and Creativity sucks, so I guess I need some more experience!

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'm really enjoying the game.
I checked the official game guide and it doesn't list any particular requirement for Logic or Body or anything else in order to move the boulder so that you can use the portal.

Once you have made the stone hammer and chisel, what you need to do then is get on the ledge to the right of the geyser and then move carefully around that area such that you get an opportunity to inspect the boulder, do that and the boulder will fall into the geyser and now the portal will be open.

Also as a side note the best way I have found to raise your creativity is to make a Shaker {a musical item} and then use the shaker when ever one of your Sims needs to have fun, since the item provides fun and increases creativity simultaneously, it is a great item to make as well since it increases mechanical when you make one.

Author:   Danny 07
Date:   Dec 10, 07 at 11:35am (PST)
How Do You Get To The Llama Temple?

Date:   Dec 10, 07 at 12:08pm (PST)
quote Danny 07
How Do You Get To The Llama Temple?
Short answer is find all of the hieroglyphic pieces

Author:   owen labounty
Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 2:42pm (PST)
This is how you do it you go to the ancient temple on the third island goto ancient forge and repair it and then it will say craft you hit craft and go to tools and make the chisel and then go back to the geysers then go up on the hill n go in front of it and then it will say inspect and hit inspect and it will do it automatically and I'm only 10 years old in this is the way to do it and I'm telling the truth ;-)

And the way to get to the lama temple Is by the geyser and it's kind of hidden you make the hieroglyphic picture and go to the big door i was tolkin about by the gysers and inspect then youl put that pic. In there automatically and go in there and theres the temple go to the chair and look strait across from that and theres the broken forge you hav to repair repair it and do my other post i said and i just did this it really works

This message was merged with other messages by Stitch (moderator)

Author:   Guest98
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 12:30pm (PST)
Subject:   Can't get past the Geyser Rock
cant get my girl to knock the rock down maybe because its raining??

Author:   wazz up
Date:   Mar 22, 13 at 3:14pm (PST)
quote Guest98
cant get my girl to knock the rock down maybe because its raining??
it doesnt matter if it is rainin[div align=center][/div]g

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.