Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion V: Nyaotistic Purrfection - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/37/t1758536-general-discussion-nyaotistic-purrfection/

Author:   Tiger go Meow
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)
Subject:   General Discussion V: Nyaotistic Purrfection
-------------------------------------------

General Discussion V: Nyaotistic Purrfection

Well, it's been a few months since Art Central has kicked itself back into gear, but the art chat seems to be going slow while the GD just keep chugging along and keeping the forum afloat. After the Ponies incident, it's time to turn toward a new internet fad that is arguably artistc - LOLCats.

Now, beyond the new GD theme - We need to do something about the forum being so slow and I think the first step would be to drag someone back onto the pedestal of moderating this place! Now I need an artistically knowledgeable, well organized, and motivated individual. Not just anyone can take up the mantle for such a specialized forum after all. Imagine moderating Yu Gi Oh without knowing two things about the game after all!

It would be nice to get moderators in other forums within Special Intersts and Creative skills as well, and I'll be pushing around telling people we need moderators in all the forum GDs over the next week or two. If you know someone who can fit a spot in any forum let me know, and I'll be glad to poke them, or if you're interested yourself in handling a forum take the time to apply.

SI and CS are both sorely in need of moderators.

Author:   Liege
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 6:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion V: Nyaotistic Purrfection
quote Tiger go Meow
After the Ponies incident...

Incident?!

We need to do something about the forum being so slow and I think the first step would be to drag someone back onto the pedestal of moderating this place! Now I need an artistically knowledgeable, well organized, and motivated individual.
I'd like to thrust the position upon Stitch or Bread Effect without their input or consent. They were born great, they've achieved greatness, now it's time to thrust greatness upon them.

quote Tiger go Meow
It would be nice to get moderators in other forums within Special Intersts and Creative skills as well, and I'll be pushing around telling people we need moderators in all the forum GDs over the next week or two. If you know someone who can fit a spot in any forum let me know, and I'll be glad to poke them, or if you're interested yourself in handling a forum take the time to apply.
Did you have any specific forums in mind within those categories? I can think of a few people for several of those forums but I don't know where your priorities are or if some are too inactive to warrant a mod in your estimation.

Author:   Xenostrike 06
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 10:12pm (PST)
Oh..a new home nice

Author:   Bread Effect
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 10:24pm (PST)
quote Tiger go Meow
Now, beyond the new GD theme - We need to do something about the forum being so slow and I think the first step would be to drag someone back onto the pedestal of moderating this place! Now I need an artistically knowledgeable, well organized, and motivated individual. Not just anyone can take up the mantle for such a specialized forum after all. Imagine moderating Yu Gi Oh without knowing two things about the game after all!

SI and CS are both sorely in need of moderators.
I would gladly attempt to help out the Art community on Neoseeker. Sad that I never ventured over here too often when it was active awhile ago in its former glory. Now that its died out (which I didn't know about this dying out >: ), I'd hate to see the art community dissipate and would like to see the return of it. I'll apply in the next few days, I guess I should post my gallery on Neoseeker sometime soon then as well. xD

Author:   Vex the Pirate
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 2:29am (PST)
Ah no all the pony people are gonna leave now :L

Anyway i dunno about activity here tbh, there's only so many things i enjoy talking about related to art tbh.
Imo moving all the artists galleries was both a good and bad thing for the forum, on one hand it looks a lot neater and it's easier to navigate now, but on the other a lot of people (from past experiences) only really come here to post their art and look at other peoples

I mean obviously both here and the artist gallery are pretty dead right now :L but i just can't ever really see this place thriving if all it really has to offer are threads like what medium do you prefer and tips on how to use water colours etc.
Most people who draw for a hobby these days don't really have a lot of interest in classical art or whatever so that means discussions on artists wont really last as well.
I can't think of many long term discussion threads that would really last in like a casual art forum so i don't really know what more activity could bring to the table

I DUNNO, just my opinion. You could probably get more activity in the artist gallery but i dunno if that counts as bringing this place back to life :B

This post is so damning :L But what i mean is the problem before lack of activity is content. No matter how many people we can bring in, they're not gonna stay if all they see are the sort of threads you can only really reply to once

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 5:39am (PST)
They'll come back.

Well that was done, Vex the Pirate, because of the redundancy. We had a Gallery forum, but yet people were posting their galleries in the main forum as well. There are many ways to tie the gallery into the main forum to produce some numbers for the main page - like a review game where people trade reviews with one another.

The main forum can also feature a few more fun, not so art oriented, games as well to keep people entertained. It's just a matter of the community wanting to do those things, and to continue posting just as much as it is having a moderator who wants to keep pace with such things. Sometimes an active moderator, when combined with an active member base (however small), can bring life into a forum.

From that small group, the members work together and create a productive community that new people to the forum will see when they come here. This will be very different from someone walking into a forum that looks, well, anorexic.

-long sigh-

Anyhoo, we couldn't really continue on one theme. So ponies are being swapped for lolcat shenanigans. Dunno how it relates to art, but I saw that image and was like "Why the ell not?"

So, Bread Effect are you the cousin, archnemisis, or other to Toast? (Bad jokes all day)

Liege : My. What big eyes you have. :3

Author:   Stitch
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 8:29am (PST)
quote Liege
I need an artistically knowledgeable, well organized, and motivated individual.
I'd like to thrust the position upon Stitch or Bread Effect without their input or consent. They were born great, they've achieved greatness, now it's time to thrust greatness upon them.
I'm not sure if I'm that Artistical knowledgable.

I can draw this:

But I have no clue about art, nor had Art lessons, or tried anything different other then the Gimp program and mouse on the computer, and perhaps a cheap paper and pencil/pen in making a drawing.

I don't think I fit in as the mod here.

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 9:44am (PST)
Lol omg you guys let me show you the worst picture of me i've ever had taken 8) It's on my college ID

The yellow makes me look like i have big liver failure and my septum piercing looks like a moustache. my giant orange eyebags are about double the size of my actual eyes and the orange all around my mouth looks like i've been really messy eating pasta sauce. ALSO they took it before i'd even sat down so i'm in an awkward position where i'm like squatting in the air and my eyes are like half blinking and i have a mouth like butthead from beavis and butthead. AND I HAVE NO CHIN.
Also i don't have a bandage on my nose bridge i dunno what that even is

THIS IS SO BAD that picture doesn't even capture how bad it is. It is a flattering picture of my picture. I can't believe i'm posting this on the internet what's wrong with me :L

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 2:02pm (PST)
Got to love when the RGB values and light balance of a camera are so off...

What I know of photography is limited to two months of working the WalMart photocenter, however.

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 2:25pm (PST)
Thing is, mine was the only one like that :L EVERYONE WHO WENT BEFORE AND AFTER ME HAD NORMAL COLOURED PHOTOS ;___;

Author:   Bread Effect
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 3:16pm (PST)
My college photo is still my Freshmen picture, in which I was around 50 pounds heavier back then O: And I'm still leaning up. I plan on losing another 20 or so pounds <3. I should take a picture haha.

NOW TO MAKE IT. <3 For those who don't know what it is, it is a paper toy. Which if you haven't seen my previous ones, check this link for them fully set up. I still need to update those flats, maybe someday I will.

And for comparison on what this paper toy will eventually look like:

WHATCHA THINK

Author:   Asyilem
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 8:19pm (PST)
Ohh. I like the title. :'D

Aw. It's cute. Bread Effect, I want one~ c:
I checked out some of your other ones. They look like they're fun to make.

So, I'm progressing in CADD. It's a bit confusing, but I'm getting better at it. I'm surprised no one else is taking that class for the reasons I am. Not that I get much conversation in there. It's like I'm shunned since I'm like one of three girls and everyone else is in there for engineering and construction. >:

I had my first audition yesterday for Theater. It went surprisingly well. Probably not well enough to land a role (only three female roles open), but I'm glad that I have the experience. I was freaking out over nothing. My nerves settled down as soon as I got on stage. It would have been easier if I knew any of the kids there before auditions, but I made some friends afterwards so I'm glad. (:

So, guys, how's life?

Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 5:08am (PST)
Guys my wet specimens came today 8)

They were really hard to get a decent picture of lul >>

Author:   Stitch
Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 10:23am (PST)
quote Vex the Pirate
[color=blue]Guys my wet specimens came today 8)

[img]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1183/snapshot201209075.jpg[img]
You're gonna eat that?

Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 10:25am (PST)
They're in formaldehyde, i would die :B

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.