Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: How did YOU take down Mothrakk? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36836/t1443041-how-did-you-take-down-mothrakk/

Author:   Bigft64
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 5:19pm (PST)
Subject:   How did YOU take down Mothrakk?
-------------------------------------------
So we already have the Skagzilla thread but that to me was a pretty easy fight. Takes a while but you just jump around in circles and you're fine.

The real fight in the world of not-so-subtlely-named-for-Japanese-monster fights is Mothrakk! I died multiple times barely making a dent in his life before I took the easy way out and hid under the carport. So far this "glitch" seems to be the only reliable way to take this guy down. I've read in other forums about people using machine gun buggys and just driving around while shooting at it but it takes 45 mins or more that way. Has anyone been successful against him or is the carport strategy your only option?

Author:   BigBang_369
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 5:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: How did YOU take down Mothrakk?
I just stayed in the area with the torches. My friend and I were just using all of our guns seeing which one worked best against him. When one of us went down we would kill some of the regular Rakk to revive ourselves. It took us awhile but we killed it without death.

Author:   TheBrapman
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 5:30pm (PST)
I tried to take him out but he was killing me, eventually i just chose to wimper uner the car port. i realise the shame i have brought upon myself :'(

Author:   Bigft64
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 5:45pm (PST)
quote BigBang_369
I just stayed in the area with the torches. My friend and I were just using all of our guns seeing which one worked best against him. When one of us went down we would kill some of the regular Rakk to revive ourselves. It took us awhile but we killed it without death.
What level were you when you did the fight? I just did this last night and I was Lvl 22. I couldn't take more than a few direct hits before I was dead. He also seems to attack pretty regularly so I was never able to get my shield back up to full strength. Basically being out in the open anywhere seems like it was a bad strategy. Also what guns did you tend to like? I stuck with my high-accuracy combat rifle for most of the fight and switched to my Elephant Gun when ammo got low. I tried rockets but was never really able to hit him.

Author:   thewaxninja
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 7:00pm (PST)
At 23, I stayed in the torch area, as well. We had a team of three, but only two of us were there (the third managed to get lost....somehow). I had to revive our Roland once or twice, but it was a pretty easy fight, and it was over before our Brick (who probably wouldn't have been much help anyhow) found his way to us. We just laid into him with my SMG and his machine gun.

Maybe 22 vs 23 makes for all the difference?

Author:   cabinover
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 8:32pm (PST)
I sat under the roof of the Catch-A-Ride station and used either my sniper or my Ammo Regen SMG.

Author:   MasterOfBlades
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 9:00pm (PST)
I used a car with the MG turret(not the rocket one). I just kept driving in circles using auto lock till he died. Took a good 20 minutes.

Author:   McClubbin
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 11:14pm (PST)
Mothrakk was easy. Just stay underneath the cover of the Catch-A-Ride station and snipe it out.

Author:   SuperSoaker
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 11:42pm (PST)
i got to admit i died once. i mainly used the elephant gun. not that hard after all.unfortunately i had to solo him cause my inet was screwed up -.-.

Author:   chaotic
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 11:47pm (PST)
I died 3 times. D:

For some reason there were no Rakk to kill so I could revive myself and I couldn't even hit him since my brother's a greedy asshole and stole all the loot at that point.

Author:   The Stinger
Date:   Nov 03, 09 at 6:11am (PST)
Once Mothrakk reveals himself, take off in your car and head through the gully and go up to the bandit area nestled into the rocks, where one of the gun parts missions was.

Take out the bandits, and then go to the top. Mothrakk flies very close to that top area, and you can rip into him for good damage. Once he gets pissed, haul ass back down the ramps, fireballs hot on your heels and take cover in one of the small buildings. Then chase him back to the top and fire on him again.

Waaay more epic of a fight than just hiding in that Goddamn carport.

Author:   Eno
Date:   Nov 03, 09 at 7:01am (PST)
There is a shack that you pass on your way up to the torches. get in that after you awaken him stay in the shack and shoot out the window. works magic

Author:   zhoutai453
Date:   Nov 03, 09 at 2:58pm (PST)
Morthrak is a rakk so he is super vulnerable to shotguns. The best way to avoid him without going into the car park is to zig zag, zig one way then once you see him start to shoot his fireballs zag the other way. If your sheild goes below 50% sprint away in 3sec bursts. 3sec one way then 3secs another until your sheild is up.

Author:   MrRandomletters
Date:   Nov 03, 09 at 4:19pm (PST)
This fight was definitely hard, but with Lilith it isn't super difficult. I would just run at him, SMG blazing, until he downed my shields, at which point I'd just phasewalk out of the way and regen. Wash rine and repeat. It's actually kind of funny, several times I actually got Mothrakk to run from me and not turn around and come back, I had to chase him down and finish him off.

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Nov 03, 09 at 7:45pm (PST)
In the span of fifteen minutes, using mostly the rocket launcher on the car and auto lock, alone I might add, I just did hit and run. I'd rush in, fire on him with the car's built in machine gun, then haul ass back, lock on and fire a few times. After five minutes though it got old and I just parked it a hell of a long way out, hopped in the turret, and fired at one spot until it hit him. It took ten minutes, but that plan worked well for me. Not epic, but I didn't die.

Can't wait to fight it on playthrough 2. I'm thinking acid SMG, acid shotgun, Eridian lightning sniper, and maybe a regular high speed assault rifle.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.