Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Events: Tips, Tricks, and general help - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36747/t1380008-events-tips-tricks-general-help/

Author:   Kinner
Date:   Jun 17, 09 at 10:21pm (PST)
Subject:   Events: Tips, Tricks, and general help
-------------------------------------------

Alright, those annoying kill events. . .

I guess I'll start this off with one of the most annoying events in the game.

Some are fun, some are the most annoying things you have to do in the game, AKA "Grind the Bones" I have been doing this one for about 20 minutes now, and I can not seem to get past silver (Average in the 70s; Highest 89).

For those of you who haven't played this event yet you have to use hammerfists to kill infected (Mildly infected, fat ones, and Hunters).

Bronze: 60
Silver: 80
Gold: 120
Most infected give you: 1 to 2 points
Hunters give you: 5

Anyone have some tips? Anyone know the trick to using Hammerfists? Anyone finished this god damn event?

Author:   Curt Connors
Date:   Jun 17, 09 at 10:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Events: Tips, Tricks, and general help
Thanks Kinner, I've been waiting for this to pop up, and I'm going to edit the title slightly to reflect where I'd like this to go. From now on this will be the 'OMFG I need help with this event' thread. Sorry I can't help, but personally I think the Hammerfist sucks, and I'm about your level at it
I know Orrah has the all gold Trophy/Achievement, hopefully he might come by and help.

Author:   chaotic
Date:   Jun 17, 09 at 10:29pm (PST)
Hammerdrop is your friend. Should kill the Hunters in one drop so you can rack up points just like that.

Date:   Jun 17, 09 at 10:47pm (PST)
quote Curt Connors
Thanks Kinner, I've been waiting for this to pop up, and I'm going to edit the title slightly to reflect where I'd like this to go.
Thanks, I had a feeling this was going to happen any way, but didn't want to just say, "Hey Guys! This is Official!".

quote Curt Connors
Sorry I can't help, but personally I think the Hammerfist sucks, and I'm about your level at it
I love how they give you the slowest power against the fastest opponents x-x.

quote Chaotic
Hammerdrop is your friend. Should kill the Hunters in one drop so you can rack up points just like that.
Thanks a lot I'll have to try that, I think I have been using the wrong attacks for it anyway.

Author:   Neras
Date:   Jun 17, 09 at 10:58pm (PST)
Oh god. I hate using Hammerfist! I don't remember the infected Hammerfist event so can't really help you there but the one I had trouble with was the Hammerfist event where you're killing military. *bleep*ing bane of my life!

Whenever I was doing the infected events I'd generally just go for the infected civilians. They die much easier than the normal infected and still give you 1 point.

I'll give you my method for the military Hammerfist event (it WILL annoy you, trust me) and when I have chance tomorrow I'll replay the infected event and see if it jogs my memory.

When you start the event you want to leap off the roof of the building and use the elbow drop on the troops below. If you're lucky they'll be gathered together (changes each time you restart the event) and you'll get a few kills. I think the time I beat it I got 6 kills from my first elbow drop. Then just go for the tanks - I found that I had to elbow drop a tank and then hit it once or twice for it to die. For the military event I only just beat the score for gold, Hammerfist is far too slow for my liking...

Date:   Jun 17, 09 at 11:46pm (PST)
Yeah, I waited way~ too long to do the early kill events. So now they are twice as hard as they were in the beginning, but I'll try the elbow slam.

Oh great, there is one with military? x-X That one may be harder than this one.

Thanks for the help! I mean really, no sarcasm, I am being genuine.

EDIT: Ok here is my tangent time..

Ok I feel really stupid posting like that, but I can't say out loud or I can say bye bye to sunny freedom..

Well any way, I guess I'll just have to do some other event for a while.

I do well on pretty much every other event so if anyone has some questions feel free to ask, and since Orrah, Chaotic, Curt, and pretty much everyone else who does well on events are here I'm sure they will be glad to help.

Good luck guys.

Author:   Neras
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 7:55am (PST)
My advice would be to ignore the hunters and just spam jump and elbow drop repeatedly.

Try aim for areas where there are lots of infected civilians, they tend to crowd together so you'll get multiple kills from one elbow drop.

Author:   Tenken
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 2:23pm (PST)
Kinner, the hunter bitch slap session is annoying, but you can always tap the right trigger to roll out of the way, do it two or so times and you'll be free.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 4:38pm (PST)
Yeah, but you can't do that when you are about to release a slow attack. (Run away from hunter > release one or two attacks > hunter runs and misses > about to release one more attack > still attacking > Hunter slap happy time) So it isn't really the damage that annoys me is that the thing interrupts my attacks so often that I don't have enough time to get 120 kills.

Oh and I have been trying to kill just the infected civvies, but again the hunter interrupts me so often that I don't have enough time to let off enough attacks.

Well any ways I'll get that one sooner or later ^^. Thanks for the help.

Author:   tommex
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 6:23pm (PST)
My general tip for the kill events would be to master the power outside of the event beforehand, working out which combos work best on certain enemies, especially Goddamn Hunters, and go from there.

For Hunters, I'd say that if you have to use the Hammerfists, which I LOVE, then start a combo while they're coming at you, so as soon as they reach you, they get caught in it.

Author:   AfLIcTeD
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 6:24pm (PST)
I just recently got gold for this, it was quite easy once I found out the way to do it.

Just do the X,X,Y combo and fully charge each one all the time, well thats what I did.

Author:   reaver11
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 6:37pm (PST)
I'm on the "Demolition" kill event where you need to kill 180 (for gold) military in about 1:30 with the Thermobaric Tank. Any tips? I can hardly get past 130, though I did manage to get 144 once, 1 shy of the silver.

And I quit that Hammerfist kill event. It was pissing me off. I'm just going through and getting all the easy ones, but this one in the tank is getting under my skin.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 7:33pm (PST)
quote reaver11
I'm on the "Demolition" kill event where you need to kill 180 (for gold) military in about 1:30 with the Thermobaric Tank. Any tips? I can hardly get past 130, though I did manage to get 144 once, 1 shy of the silver.

And I quit that Hammerfist kill event. It was pissing me off. I'm just going through and getting all the easy ones, but this one in the tank is getting under my skin.
If I under stand correctly tanks and soldiers spawn right after the other correct?

Well Thermobaric missions you need to just focus on the largest enemies, but if you can keep moving backwards into the military zone and try to run over the troop and only aim for the tanks and helis.

quote AfLIcTeD
Just do the X,X,Y combo and fully charge each one all the time, well thats what I did.

I suppose X, X, Y is like square (Normal Attack), square, triangle(finisher)?

Author:   Tenken
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 7:48pm (PST)
Yeah, X is Square, Y is triangle. Just like B is Circle and A is Cross/X.

XXY is just much easier to post than Square, Square, Triangle.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 8:03pm (PST)
quote Tenken
Yeah, X is Square, Y is triangle. Just like B is Circle and A is Cross/X.

XXY is just much easier to post than Square, Square, Triangle.

Say what now? We have smilies for that

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.