Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Team Suggestions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36745/t1475651-team-suggestions/

Author:   Krunal
Date:   Jan 25, 10 at 11:51pm (PST)
Subject:   Team Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you had good team suggestions... I'm still Pre-Story End (i.e. haven't finished story) at the moment and so was wondering if there's anyone that'd be good on the team. At the moment I have Mao, Alzas and the other defaults, though I've found myself NOT using Prinny at all, nor the Monster class that I've created. I use my mage very rarely, and my Bow/Healer is used a fair bit when my characters are injured. So what I'm wondering is what's a good team to use before I finish the game and what will be after I finish (I have all the DLC, so please also let me know when the DLC characters will become available for use).

Oh, and I've found that I'm using my four main characters (Mao, Alzas + two other melee characters) a lot, and they do a lot of damage... is it a good idea to continue with that, or will Magic become a necessity later on?

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Jan 26, 10 at 2:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: Team Suggestions
Prinnies and monsters are 'meh' IMO, so it's just as well you don't bother with them. I tend to forget about the mages by the end too. Seems like you share a similar play style as me. Ninjas FTW though.

You'll need higher tier characters (so you can keep to the same class, like Ninja or Warrior, but go for the better versions of each character). Transmigration is the way to go with this, assuming you have good items and a good place for leveling (Cave of Ordeals....4th stage I think is the best, though the stage before it is a pain to beat). Only the higher tiers of character classes have the best evilities and weapons skills available to them. The more basic the class (IE: warrior, fist-fighter, mage, etc) have the best ability to master a class of weapon. The higher the weapon skill you want, the higher in tier you'll probably have to go. It's worth it for the fist and sword though.

Big Bang is the last main skill you can learn for the fist user (there are other harder to get skills but they aren't worth the effort). A high tier ninja should get you that skill. For swords, I think around tier 4 or 5 should net you winged slayer. Big bang is a 3x3 area of effect attack, which is great for leveling. Winged slayer is not 3x3, but has a wider area of effect (like a pyramid, as opposed to a block) and would leave 2 enemies alive on a 3x3 grid of enemies.

Not too familiar with all the DLC (jeez, did you get the huge pack that cost as much as the main game then?). But you can get em all in the post-game area (certain requirements need to be fulfilled before you can get there though). You can get some characters from doing the special item world challenge modes though. I don't remember if you can get to them before beating the game at least once though.

I think for most of the characters though, you need to pass a bill and beat a special stage.

I bought a few DLC myself. Adel, Rozalin, Yukimaru, and the Neko (my fave monster class). Adel and Yukimaru are considered to be the best though. Adel is a fistfigher focused character with an S rank damage skill (which is great for dealing out damage, 1 on 1), and Yukimaru is a great sword user.

I don't recall magic being necessary, no. Might be a good idea to teach it to at least on main fighter though, the one with the highest INT. You do this by gathering a lot of mana (at least 10x what the magic skill actually cost to get in the first place), entering the class world with the character you want to learn the skill (while the one you want to learn from is in the same classroom club), get to the 9th or 10th floor (can't remember), and go into the mystery gate. It SHOULD be the room where you can learn the skills from that character, @10x the original cost of the skill.

Date:   Jan 26, 10 at 12:07pm (PST)
I try to use them, but they just SUCK! The only real mage character I like on my team seems to be the White Mage who is the most helpful, though is often running out of SP... (though I've given her as much of a helping hand as I could possibly find)...

I'm confused by what you mean when you say Tiers... I've only just completed the third Chapter to be honest, and so I'm not very far in the game at all (and it is one damn funny game)... By Transmigration do you mean Reincarnation? :s

Also, do you mean that I should Reincarnate, and if so, should I first learn ALL the abilities of the class that I'm in currently, and THEN reincarnate or will I lose the skills after I reincarnate anyway? I found that coming out of an Item World I had around 200+ mana, so i'm thinking of doing a bit of that to gain Mana and get all the skills and Evilities (which I'll then start boosting to Max Level)...

As for the DLC... yes I have the entire pack... don't ask why, I just do... I've unlocked Neko already, though I created a Dragon, and it just seems... USELESS. Is Neko any better?

And Class World makes more sense now, I guess I'll wait to unlock that first, and then I'll go for duping skills followed by Reincarnation (I hear you can only go into Class world a certain number of times per character per reincarnation)

Date:   Jan 26, 10 at 12:35pm (PST)
Tiers = The up to 6 different levels of a given class you can create. Each level costs more than the one before it, but nets you better stats and usually improves upon the % of a given stat....As you gain levels, you'll eventually unlock the next highest tier. Unfortunately Disgaea 2 and 3 both force you to go one tier at a time (D1 would let you unlock all the 5 higher tiers with just the first one).

Transmigration = Reincarnation, yes.

I don't recommend reincarnation to newbies TBH. Once you're in the post game and have good equips and access to the leveling bonus stage (Cave of Ordeals....4 I think it was), then yes, reincarnation will be useful in the long run. In D3, I don't think you'll have a chance to lose skills, since they're earned a different way, but just to be safe, ONLY reincarnate to Genius (95%). That way you'll only lose 5% skill EXP (so just having your progress bar about halfway through level 1 in the skill means you'll keep it).

I think the Neko is better than the average monster, but most of the monsters are inferior to the better Humanoids TBH.

Yeah, you're limited from 1 to 3 (maybe more) times depending on your character's creation/reincarnation level (IE: common, skilled, genius). I think it is 3 though, as there are 6 levels, so 1 point for the first two, 2 for the next two, and 3 for the last two.

Date:   Jan 26, 10 at 1:36pm (PST)
So what I should do is go to post game, Increase Skills to more than 50% EXP (what do the levels do exactly...?) and then unlock Genius and then Reincarnate to Genius characters followed by learning all their skill sets and then reincarnating again?

So how many times would I need to reincarnate to learn Big Bang? So everytime I reincarante, would I lose certain % of their skills EXP?

Date:   Jan 26, 10 at 2:24pm (PST)
Well, once you learn the skill, just use it a few times and you'll be good. Levels increase the attack power (costs more SP too, but it's not a huge factor). I think for Magic it also affects the range, but I'm not sure.....D3's rules are a bit different from D2 and D1. Upgrading a magic will allow you to add area of effect (it used to be that leveling would do that).

Errr, assuming you start from a tier one ninja, I think you'd have to go all the way to tier 6 (maybe 5), so 5 (or 4) reincarnations. Sorry, I have the guide for the game, but I can't find it (got moved somewhere when some people came to visit. Can't find my mini-tripod either).

Yes, if you use Genius, you'll lose 5% of the skills EXP, which is negligible (1 level out of every 20) TBH.

Date:   Jan 26, 10 at 3:18pm (PST)
But I've been "boosting" skills manually... should I not be doing that? That also seems to have the effect of increasing the SP cost whilst increasing the Power of the attack... :s I'm confused as to the differences between Boosting via the appropriate person and simply leveling it up...

Do you know of any list of the "Must Have Skills"... what I'll do is I'll go for those skills ASAP... I like having ultimate characters

Date:   Jan 26, 10 at 4:22pm (PST)
Boosting via mana also unlocks the area of effect modifiers. So it's a multi-effect boost. The leveling up via using the skill simply affects power (like I said, not sure if it has any effect on range).

Well, the higher the damage rank the better, so A and S skills are the best. Like I said before, Adel and Yukimaru have S rank attacks (Adel does anyhow, not 100% sure about yukimaru, but I think so too). A 3x3 area of effect is good for leveling quicker, so Big Bang (tier 6 of fist), Winged slayer (tier 4 of sword I think), and 3x3 area of effect magic (boost+9 for magic) would be the best.

Also, I checked my guide (found it yeah). You need a Martial Artist (male) or Fight Mistress (female) to get to skill rank 6 on fists. They get to six on only the 4th (and higher) tier. Ninjas only get up to 4.

Author:   Moonset
Date:   Jan 26, 10 at 10:36pm (PST)
I always play with story characters and maybe one or two created characters. Really it's just easier for me because more often than not I use character-specific abilities.

My favorite party is Adell, Rozalin, Sapphire, Laharl, a random warrior, a random mage, and uh....to be honest I don't remember the others; I haven't played in ages and my blu ray drive is dead until I fix it.

Date:   Jan 27, 10 at 4:18am (PST)
I use:

Adel - Fist
Hanakage (I think it was, highest tier kunoichi, female ninja that is) - Fist
Mao - Sword
Tera Majin (Or whatever the last tier is) - Fist
Yukimaru (I think) - Sword

Date:   Jan 27, 10 at 4:40am (PST)
Oh yeah, I forgot I use Yukimaru as well. Madare Fubuki is a sweet attack.

Date:   Feb 09, 10 at 4:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Team Suggestions - Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Hi Guys,

I'm now post game, and my current team are:

Mao + Adell (Fists): Deadly combination, and by far the strongest in my team (both with Big Bang)
Thursday: He's just got the best aptitudes (and is the only one that can ever have all 255 aptitudes
Sapphire: Her 20%+ to Stats is really helpful
Almaz: He can be quite good...
Rozalin: Same as Almaz, plus the +20 to Critical doesn't hurt in the mean time
Yukimaru: She's just nasty with a Sword... does 10K with a sword at level 250 where as Mao did nowhere near that much
Champloo: Damn he was the reason I even won some of the maps... his Innate Evility is a godsend...
& Raspberyl: Damn she's got strong magic...

I'm also looking to add Laharl when I unlock him and I think that's about it... so is that a good team? I ask mostly because I don't like to use the generics and I hear good teams are those with Generics, but I don't see what the pull of the Generics are considering these are better with their special abilities and they learn the same abilities as the generics anyway...

Date:   Feb 09, 10 at 6:21pm (PST)
I picked up the game again to check my team out, and this is what I remember from it:

Yuyuko (Female fist fighter): My absolute tank beast mode character. I often change her class between fighter and thief.

Adell w/Ultimus: Does around 100M to multiple people at once w/Big Bang.

Yukimaru w/Baal Sword: I've done 300M using Midare Fubuki while attacking someone from behind.

Laharl w/Baal Sword: Slayer's Descent spamming usually, his evilities are useful.

Pram: Powerful enough magic.

Flonne: FLONNEZILLA.

Rozalin: I use her for Kneel Before Me mainly, as well as her other character skills.

I also use some other characters from time to time, specifically Raspberyl's kunoichi friend (I can't remember her name, only Kyoko's).

What's nice is that Laharl, Yuyuko, and Yukimaru can all move 8 spots w/o any shoes equipped and everyone has absolute beast weapons equipped (Either Baal Swords, Ultimus', or God Hands) with the exception of Rozalin and the mages. I also have Yuyuko with maxed out Omega Ice, so I can get some good ranged damage in with her.

Date:   Feb 09, 10 at 11:48pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Team Suggestions - Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Hmm.... I've started to train my Pram now... I'm quite lucky I don't need to bother with creating the stars or anything since many of the DLC Characters have Omega Magic (though I learnt that AFTER creating a Star Mage)... In any case how do you get Flonne again?

And do you think it's a bad idea to not have any generics in my team? I do have a Masked Hero as my Runner, but that's about it... everyone else is really cannon fodder for when I need to lift enemies so they can't attack...

Date:   Feb 10, 10 at 1:56am (PST)
Well, like I've said before, I suggest getting a Majin and getting the highest tier to a good level to get the best Evility in the game is something to consider doing eventually.

Also, spending the time in the class world to actually make the Majin a decent character might be worth it in the end (you can't transfer inherent evilities after all).

50% stat boost (except HP and SP I think) in exchange for losing 50% EXP gain is an epic evility.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.