Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Dee's PC - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36554/t1731844-dees-pc/

Author:   deeplove
Date:   May 01, 12 at 9:55am (PST)
Subject:   Dee's PC
-------------------------------------------
The PC Gods have assisted me with my upgrade.

Main Setup:
CPU - Intel i5 3570k
MOBO - Asus P8Z77-V
RAM - Kingston 8GB 1600mhz 2x4GB
SSD - OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
PSU - Corsair HX750
MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr
CPU COOLING - Corsair SP120 quiet fans.
MONITOR - BenQ GW2750 1920x1080
KEYBOARD - CM Storm Quick Fire Mech
MOUSE - Razer Naga

2nd Setup:
CPU - AMD Phenom II x2 555BE
MOBO - Asus m4A785TD-V EVO
RAM - Patriot 4GB 1333mhz 2x2GB
GPU - MSI HD6850 OC
HDD - 750GB Seagate
PSU - Corsair VX550 550w
Audio Card - X-FI Titanium
KEYBOARD - CM Storm Quick Fire Mech
MOUSE - CM Storm Sentinel
MONITOR - 25" Sammy T260 1920x1200

I've moved the i5 to the case now. It's much better in there due to the temps. The 555BE will be my gaming rig for now. It's out in the open on the MOBO box. The temps are fine for that.

Not much to update. But that's the Corsair 200R case. Like the look and how simple it is, but don't like the airflow and heat in it. Going to get some more Corsair fans and maybe mod the front of the case to allow more air in. My GS600 psu crapped out on me so I bought a HX750. Much better IMO.

I did get a BenQ GW2750. Nice monitor but bright as all hell even with the settings down.

Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 4:29pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Dee's PC

CM has been good to me.

Crappy iPhone 3GS pics. Anywho. What I really need to do is get me some Blue LEDs and change that top 230mm's LEDs. I hate Red with a passion.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 2:21am (PST)
ive never really been a fan of LED lights in computers. dunno why. i guess id rather show of a good looking case, than to flash some lights around.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 5:49am (PST)
I don't like them either but I do like using my PC as a night light. The soothing sounds of my fans roaring put me to sleep and the leds light my room up. Hate dark rooms. But the next PC will have no led lighting in it. Plus these CM fans were pretty cheap. Got them for like $6 each.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 7:02am (PST)
i love a dark room. pity it hurts the eyes after a while if you have nothing but your monitor as a light source.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 8:05am (PST)
Kinda reminds me that I want to do something about the blue power on LED on my PC case. I don't like it and beyond my bedroom light, my ceiling light and my monitor, it's the fourth brightest artificial light source in my room. Wouldn't mind hollowing out the badge on the case and illuminating it into a cool white light, but it's too much messing about for me to be bothered, unless Bitfenix would be tempted to release one.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 9:09am (PST)
cant you just cut the cable to the LED? quick and easy solution if you are convinced you will never need it again.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 3:21pm (PST)
Funny. The top of my case has a blue led that's bright as *bleep*. I put on a black piece of electrical tape since the case is black. You wouldn't even notice its there.

Yeah, you can probably cut that wire. But give it some slack if you need to reconnect it later.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)
Or the easiest and simplest way would be to just unplug the pwr led cable from the board

I want the light on, I'd just prefer it to either be dimmer or white.

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 4:42pm (PST)
Or the easiest and simplest way would be to just unplug the pwr led cable from the board
oh man, i feel so stupid!

no, really...you have no idea how much i am laughing at my idiocy!

Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 5:28pm (PST)
Shit, you're right. Them things have a lead that connects to the board. Lol.

Harbin, if you're good with soldering, maybe you can replace the led with the color of choice.

Author:   BASGTA
Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 3:25am (PST)
quote deeplove
I don't like them either but I do like using my PC as a night light. The soothing sounds of my fans roaring put me to sleep and the leds light my room up. Hate dark rooms.
Same reason I want one white LED fan at the top of the case.

Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 9:59am (PST)
Got me my P8Z77 with i5 3570k combo on sale. Setting it up now.

Date:   Aug 19, 12 at 2:34pm (PST)
Got me a OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD. I think I'm done with this Intel 3570k rig for now. Up next will be a 3770k. Most likely I'll use the 3570k as the gaming rig, the 3770k for folding and work and I might as well turn the Phenom 555BE into the HTPC. More than enough power.

I'm pretty much done here. Will update when I get's new stuff or the new PC. Hopefully soon.

Date:   Aug 19, 12 at 2:41pm (PST)
quote deeplove
Shit, you're right. Them things have a lead that connects to the board. Lol.

Harbin, if you're good with soldering, maybe you can replace the led with the color of choice.
Shit at soldering (well, not bad, but haven't done it in ages). I do have a soldering iron, and I know that you can get replacement LEDs that fit them. A website and tutorial actually details how. What I want though, is a cool white, kinda like the white you get on the Apple Macs.

EDIT:

Perhaps something matching the one of the right. That in the same way I wouldn't mind putting LED strips down the outer meshing on the case, but I might not do that since I'm not actually sure if I'll like the effect.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.