Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New team for single battles :) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36119/t1829657-new-team-for-single-battles/

Author:   riley1
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 4:45pm (PST)
Subject:   New team for single battles :)
-------------------------------------------
This is my first competitive team here it is

Porygon2 @ eviolite
Download
150 hp 150 defense 210 special defense
Modest
Toxic
Tri attack
Psychic
Recover

Togekiss @ leftover
Serene grace
200 speed 150 defense 100 hp 60 special attack
Air slash
Extrasensory
Nasty plot
Roost

Magnezone @ wise glasses
Magnet pull
150 defense 205 sp attack 205 sp def
Hidden power (fire)
Flash cannon
Volt switch
Thunderbolt

Ambipom @ normal gem
Technician
255 speed 255 attack
Fake out
Double hit
Acrobatics
Low kick
(This is magnetboys so credit to him)

Breloom @ life orb
Technician
255 speed 255 attack
Spore
Swords dance
Leech seed
Mach punch

Garchomp @ choice band
Rough skin
255 attack 255 speed
Dragon rush
Dual chop
Earthquake
Swords dance

What do you think?

Author:   MagnetBoy
Date:   Feb 12, 13 at 4:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: New team for single battles :)
riley1 if you were to try and hit the Rmt Guidelines more accurately, it would be easier for people to rate your team and help you out

Date:   Feb 13, 13 at 4:27am (PST)
quote MagnetBoy
riley1 if you were to try and hit the Rmt Guidelines more accurately, it would be easier for people to rate your team and help you out
thanks I remade my forum hopefully it's better

Author:   CJDrew
Date:   Feb 13, 13 at 5:52pm (PST)
Alright riley1, this is my first RMT response, we'll see how it goes...

Porygon2
Are you using Porygon2 as a special attacker? If so, you could try swapping Hyper Beam with Trick Room. But, if you're looking for a more powerful sweeper, something like Volcarona or Hydregion would work a lot better (I'm assuming this is an OU team...)

Togekiss
I've actually had great success with Togekiss in the OU tier. However, most of it has come from a ParaFlinch set...
It looks like you're using Togekiss as a Special attacker as well. I'm not sure what ExtremeSpeed is for, Togekiss's attack stat is so low that it probably wouldn't make a dent in most Pokemon without significant EV investment. You could try replacing it with Roost to give it some more staying power.

Magnezone
Well, it looks like you're using Magnezone as a special sweeper as well (I'm sensing a theme here ) Again, if you insist on keeping Magnezone, try giving him a Choice Scarf and switching out HP Psychic with HP Fire.

Ambipom
I wouldn't dare criticize one of Magnetboy's sets...

Breloom
This looks fairly good. I would recommend swapping Focus Punch out with Mach Punch though. You could use a Life Orb and Technician if you wanted to pack a bigger punch. If you did that, you could swap out Substitute with Swords Dance too. You could Spore, then get off a Swords Dance while they switch.

Garchomp
I don't even know what to make of this one. Since Metronome basically locks you into one move anyways, you might as well go for a Choice Band. Also, whats with all the investment in HP? I've never seen Garchomp run as a Bulky Sweeper. I'm sure you could find a set you like Here

Overall
The biggest weaknesses in your team are to Fire and Fighting. Not a good combo. Something like an Infernape would sweep the entire team (With the exception of Garchomp) Try swapping out Porygon2 with a Jellicent for a little more coverage. You can find some sets for Jellicent Here. It's cool that you're trying to do something a little different, but it's usually better to leave the sweeping to a real sweeper.

Date:   Feb 14, 13 at 5:09am (PST)
quote CJDrew
Alright riley1, this is my first RMT response, we'll see how it goes...

Porygon2
Are you using Porygon2 as a special attacker? If so, you could try swapping Hyper Beam with Trick Room. But, if you're looking for a more powerful sweeper, something like Volcarona or Hydregion would work a lot better (I'm assuming this is an OU team...)

Togekiss
I've actually had great success with Togekiss in the OU tier. However, most of it has come from a ParaFlinch set...
It looks like you're using Togekiss as a Special attacker as well. I'm not sure what ExtremeSpeed is for, Togekiss's attack stat is so low that it probably wouldn't make a dent in most Pokemon without significant EV investment. You could try replacing it with Roost to give it some more staying power.

Magnezone
Well, it looks like you're using Magnezone as a special sweeper as well (I'm sensing a theme here ) Again, if you insist on keeping Magnezone, try giving him a Choice Scarf and switching out HP Psychic with HP Fire.

Ambipom
I wouldn't dare criticize one of Magnetboy's sets...

Breloom
This looks fairly good. I would recommend swapping Focus Punch out with Mach Punch though. You could use a Life Orb and Technician if you wanted to pack a bigger punch. If you did that, you could swap out Substitute with Swords Dance too. You could Spore, then get off a Swords Dance while they switch.

Garchomp
I don't even know what to make of this one. Since Metronome basically locks you into one move anyways, you might as well go for a Choice Band. Also, whats with all the investment in HP? I've never seen Garchomp run as a Bulky Sweeper. I'm sure you could find a set you like Here

Overall
The biggest weaknesses in your team are to Fire and Fighting. Not a good combo. Something like an Infernape would sweep the entire team (With the exception of Garchomp) Try swapping out Porygon2 with a Jellicent for a little more coverage. You can find some sets for Jellicent Here. It's cool that you're trying to do something a little different, but it's usually better to leave the sweeping to a real sweeper.
thanks ill probably tweak it a little and porygon2 was a tank hence eveolite. (Edit I took your edvice with breloom garchomp togekiss and I made magnazon a tank )

Date:   Feb 14, 13 at 5:53am (PST)
Oh and I might put up my rain and sun teams later

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.