Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: A FREAKIN' STRATDEX [never completed though ._.] - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36119/t1816101-freakin-stratdex-never-completed-though/

Author:   MagnetBoy
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:33pm (PST)
Subject:   A FREAKIN' STRATDEX [never completed though ._.]
-------------------------------------------
Ohhaider. If you’re reading this, it means I finally have finished the goddamn thing. Now if you’re wondering what sets this apart from other useful threads made in Strategy, read the rest of this paragraph for some perspective and then look at just how much is actually written. This is my contribution to Strategy, and the Pokemon forums here as a whole. Perhaps some of you remember the past attempt at a StratDex which failed miserably, due to lack of overall activity. Well, here you go. Activity can’t be lacking if it’s just one person, hmm? And so I set out to create at least one reasonable set for every Pokemon of every tier barring LC since it seems no one here plays it, and a handful of others excluded for obvious reasons. Starting August 15, 2012, at about 5:20AM due to extreme boredom and fatigue, using Serebii as my only reference and only for alphabetical order, movepools, and base stats, along with Marriland for some calcs, I started this secretly and plan to tell no one until it is time to post it. Nothing fancy, no pop-out colors or sprites, facts. Boring to read through the whole thing? Yeah, but first of all why would you do that, and second of all just imagine how bad writing it is gonna be. Any sets I’ve had personal success with shall be bolded. All sets are implied for use in OU unless for an Uber Pokemon (in which case it will be in that section anyway), because I don’t know any other metagame that well. Enjoy.
EDIT: Well, with my schedule packed more full than a chepaskate’s carry-on luggage and the upcoming release of Pokemon X and Y apparently, it would appear this will never be finished. So, uh, here’s a 143-page StratDex through the letter E, as I toss in an Exploud summary as my last one for the sake of finality.

A

B

C
D

E

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:37pm (PST)
Subject:   re: A FREAKIN' STRATDEX [never completed though ._.]

Random Notes: Pirate was the only one to know about this iirc, when I mentioned it to her while tired as hell.

Any typos, I apologize for, somewhere around the ten thousandth red underline on Word it wasn't able to keep showing them due to capacity issues since every name and most moves were counted out, so other than the odd lucky autocorrect it isn't perfect.

Errors with moveset impossibilities, stat falsifications, or miscalculations, on the other hand I would prefer you tell me about. Yeah. This thread will be left open for this purpose mainly, and/or for you all to tell me how stupid I am for attempting something this huge.

Uh, yeah that's about it I guess...have fun, I hope you people and whoever else comes around in whatever timespan to come can make use of it. I'll sticky it eventually

Author:   captain boo
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 6:13pm (PST)
Mentioning me so many times is flattering, MagnetBoy.

But wow, looks good though, I have a couple disgressions with the sets themselves because of my personal experience with pokemon like Cradily, Claydol and Cryogonal, but you probably don't want this thread to turn into a giant critiquing thread when you've spent so long on this.

Well done, man. My guide is nearing completion...

Author:   supergoji18
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 6:20pm (PST)
Magnetboy am i not good enough to on the notif list?

Author:   Jeevs
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 8:25pm (PST)
no baton pass anywhere on Espeon should be a crime.

Author:   Zeezow
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 10:13pm (PST)
Wow, this is pretty good o:

Lol, that Dustox "Filler" set
It can do better in NU though xp

This looks great though

Author:   Geo
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 11:20pm (PST)
Any intention of transferring them to Wiki? I can clock a lot of bytes with that.

Author:   Icekickseverything
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 1:45am (PST)
I knew about it. ._.

Author:   Jeremy
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 3:17am (PST)
Oooh, this is interesting. Duncan Idaho, you might be interested.

Author:   Jeevs
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 7:14am (PST)
MagnetBoy
some thoughts. didn't read all the way through.

Author:   Unchained1
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 8:02am (PST)
pretty much everything he said^ (xbelt hp fire on abom is win).

Awesome to see someone with the effort to do this great job!(I was 1st at neo to use para shuffle nite btw)

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 9:36am (PST)
quote Jeremy
Oooh, this is interesting. Duncan Idaho, you might be interested.

Would love to contribute, but i am busy until february 3.

Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 7:10pm (PST)
captain boo well you're the one who mentions the most sets for things I would otherwise know next to nothing about xD

supergoji18 wait you aren't on there? That's highly surprising...I'll add you for the next one

Jeevs well it was a compilation of my own personal experiences, and I don't remember ever seeing a BP Espeon (at least not a successful one) tbh for example. This was written long before the Evasion Clause so I guess I should add that in somehow though...Also, on some sets I tried to avoid adding one option because it would open up a Pandora's box that I'd end up having to slash like six things; I'll probably add some of those things in though another time when I have the chance and patience to edit it, since it takes a full minute or so every time I went to preview it to check for errors xD

Geo as long as I was given the full credit for compiling, you can post it wherever the hell you like lol, especially if that place happens to garner interest to add more to the alphabet of it

Author:   Unchained1
Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 3:26am (PST)
Post my pokes plz:
-Subby DDance Kingdra
-Sdance Ferro
-Haxrachi
-Haze Poli
-Shell Smash Surf everything Hydration Gorebyss
-even SDance xspeed
-Nplot Thunder spam Thundurus
-All I Do Tornadus Specs Hurricane
-Scarf Darkvoid Darkrai
-Scarf Waterspout(surf/ thunder/ icebeam) Kyogre
-Meoletta rachi style(Thunder 60% para, Subby, Calm mind, Psyshock)
-Xatu Twave spam/ UTurn/ Roost/ Night shade
-Cband Headsmash/ Waterfall Relicanth
- Expert Belt Flame Charge(still 2hko scizor/Ferro) Thunder, Icebeam, UTurn(fake scarf)
-Keldeo now pretty standard Surf Calm Mind, HP ice for dragons, SSword with Lum berry( I was using DW poke as soon as I was allowed btw getting #1 at Smogon and #2 at Beta with DW no wifi)
Subby DDance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake Haxorus.
Hmm thats about it for now i realise its gonna take time and i can pm all the proper evs ect with more indepth discussion.
^No one in Neo used these before me.

Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 9:54am (PST)
quote Unchained1
Post my pokes plz:
-Subby DDance Kingdra
-Sdance Ferro
-Haxrachi
-Haze Poli
-Shell Smash Surf everything Hydration Gorebyss
-even SDance xspeed
-Nplot Thunder spam Thundurus
-All I Do Tornadus Specs Hurricane
-Scarf Darkvoid Darkrai
-Scarf Waterspout(surf/ thunder/ icebeam) Kyogre
-Meoletta rachi style(Thunder 60% para, Subby, Calm mind, Psyshock)
-Xatu Twave spam/ UTurn/ Roost/ Night shade
-Cband Headsmash/ Waterfall Relicanth
- Expert Belt Flame Charge(still 2hko scizor/Ferro) Thunder, Icebeam, UTurn(fake scarf)
-Keldeo now pretty standard Surf Calm Mind, HP ice for dragons, SSword with Lum berry( I was using DW poke as soon as I was allowed btw getting #1 at Smogon and #2 at Beta with DW no wifi)
Subby DDance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake Haxorus.
Hmm thats about it for now i realise its gonna take time and i can pm all the proper evs ect with more indepth discussion.
^No one in Neo used these before me.
Well, I guess now that this is public, I could start just filling in in no particular order, so if you wanna PM me the full sets I'd be glad to come up with some descriptions, and get around to adding the bottom sections later haha

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.