Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New Ubers team - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36119/t1814652-new-ubers-team/

Author:   supergoji18
Date:   Jan 06, 13 at 6:21pm (PST)
Subject:   New Ubers team
-------------------------------------------
It's been some time since i last posted a RMT here so this time i decided to make a new Ubers team. Please tell me what you think and give me some advice.

So without further ado, here are the sets for my team:

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Naive
Download
4 atk, 252 spatk, 252 speed
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

The standard Genesect set with the scarf and u-turn. He'll be my lead, going in with U-turn and letting me get in some free damage as well. he'll also be a revenge killer, taking out things that have low HP and such.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Adamant
Drought
200 atk, 252 spdef, 56 hp
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Swords Dance

i battled someone on PO who used this set and swept a team i was using. with this EV spread, i am able to get up a drought against scarfed Kyogres and, after a Rock Polish boost, i will be able to outspeed them and kill them with Thunderpunch. With this set, i can also survive even an Ice beam from a scarf set.

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Speed Boost
Jolly
252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
- Hone Claws
- Shadow Claw
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz

I recall Magnetboy telling me about this set once, but i don't recall where. basically, it's the standard Blaziken set but with Hone Claws instead of Swords Dance, and Shadow Claw instead of Protect. This way, Blaziken isn't as hindered by the accuracy of HJK and isn't completely walled by Giratina.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Adamant
88 HP, 252 Special attack, 168 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Shadow Claw
- Flamethrower

standard set, but with Flamethrower to deal with Forretresses that think they can counter this set.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Naughty
248 atk, 252 special attack, 8 speed
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

pretty standard mixed set. just here to deal damage, absorb some damage, and revenge kill things with Shadow sneak.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid
252 HP, 4 spatk, 252 Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

This set worked out surprisingly well on my last sun team, so i decided to try it out again and see how it works.

that's pretty much it. Please give me some advice

Author:   veda08
Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 1:42am (PST)
Subject:   re: New Ubers team
Uhmm.. total Uber

Author:   MagnetBoy
Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 4:46pm (PST)
quote veda08
Uhmm.. total Uber
Ubers have their own tier, just called Ubers, and that's where this is intended for play; this way, things that get banned still have uses besides giving OU Pokemon low self-esteem issues
supergoji18 I remember I designed that set specifically to be able to 2HKO Giratina's Altered Forme (or whichever is the more defensive one) but couldn't remember exactly how that scenario worked out, so with the help of Psypoke's damage calculator I discovered that a +2 ShadowClaw from an Adamant Blaziken on a max Def max HP Giratina (unfortunately the most common variant) is a guaranteed 2HKO. So if you want that on your confidence list, go Life Orb and Adamant, otherwise your set looks pretty good though Leftovers seems odd on something so frail and skipping Protect...for the record, the current set is looking at a possible 3HKO at +2, but then Giratina has Protect/Lefties, so yeah right now he's still walling you pretty hard or at least hard enough to DragonTail you out or just stall you to death with Toxic.

I only really picked up on that since you notified me though lol, other than that it looks alright although I run Groudon with SD/EdgeQuake/FirePunch so you can try that if this one doesn't work for you lol

Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 5:33pm (PST)
Magnetboy I might actually change my ground on set, since he's kinda not working out ATM.

Any ideas that work better with this team?

Author:   Tyranitar1
Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 6:55pm (PST)
Thunder on genesect for better damage against Kyogre, SR set > RP Groudon, and maybe a latias over something, seeing as you don't really have anything to come in on a Water Spout.

Author:   veda08
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 12:18am (PST)
quote MagnetBoy
quote veda08
Uhmm.. total Uber
Ubers have their own tier, just called Ubers, and that's where this is intended for play; this way, things that get banned still have uses besides giving OU Pokemon low self-esteem issues
supergoji18 I remember I designed that set specifically to be able to 2HKO Giratina's Altered Forme (or whichever is the more defensive one) but couldn't remember exactly how that scenario worked out, so with the help of Psypoke's damage calculator I discovered that a +2 ShadowClaw from an Adamant Blaziken on a max Def max HP Giratina (unfortunately the most common variant) is a guaranteed 2HKO. So if you want that on your confidence list, go Life Orb and Adamant, otherwise your set looks pretty good though Leftovers seems odd on something so frail and skipping Protect...for the record, the current set is looking at a possible 3HKO at +2, but then Giratina has Protect/Lefties, so yeah right now he's still walling you pretty hard or at least hard enough to DragonTail you out or just stall you to death with Toxic.

I only really picked up on that since you notified me though lol, other than that it looks alright although I run Groudon with SD/EdgeQuake/FirePunch so you can try that if this one doesn't work for you lol

yeah i know, just an expression, uber = strong. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 8:36am (PST)
quote Tyranitar1
Thunder on genesect for better damage against Kyogre, SR set > RP Groudon, and maybe a latias over something, seeing as you don't really have anything to come in on a Water Spout.
how much does a Thunder do to Kyogre? He has massive special defense, so I'm not sure if it would even put much of a dent in it.

And what about Latios instead? And which set for lati@s?

Author:   Tyranitar1
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 3:51pm (PST)
Thunder will put Kyogre under 50%, to pretty much make Water Spout useless. Soul Dew CM Latias is the best one. Substitute, CM, Recover, Dragon Pulse. I prefer Latias due to the better special bulk, but it's your choice.

Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 5:45pm (PST)
Tyranitar is that an unboosted Thunder? If so then all I can say is DAAAAAAMN!

Should I keep the usual 252 HP, 4 special attack, 252 speed EV spread?

Author:   MagnetBoy
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 9:22pm (PST)
supergoji18

Groudon @ Salac Berry
Drought
Jolly
252Atk/6Def/252Spe
-SwordsDance
-Earthquake
-StoneEdge
-FirePunch/Thunderpunch

I guess I could see where you were going with Tpunch, trying to hit Kyogre on a switch or something; I had Scarf Zekrom for that specific purpose though since he's the only physical Electric worth a spot on an Ubers team and can tie with max Speed Scarf Ogre while only fearing IceBeam. So he could go well in another spot, perhaps Genesect if the Ubers metagame has adapted to thwart him as I predicted it would and he proves less useful

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 4:04am (PST)
Magnetboy on the contrary. Genesect functions fairly well in Ubers. I've used him with this team a few times and he did fairly well for many matches.

I might try that set. If it doesn't work out I'll go with Tyranitar1's suggestion and go with a support set.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 4:48am (PST)
With that Blaziken set, you run the risk of getting OHKOd by Groudon or Kyogre, really.

I'll look at it further when I come back from school.

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 7:20am (PST)
quote MegaBassMan
With that Blaziken set, you run the risk of getting OHKOd by Groudon or Kyogre, really.

I'll look at it further when I come back from school.

i was just about to notify you for help. Nice to see you again

I'm probably going to end up replacing him with Latias, as Tyranitar1 suggested.

Author:   CCTaikien_FVS 7
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 6:05pm (PST)
Umm i'm looking for a good uber team. i have a mewtwo,genesect,arceus,and garchomp all very powerful with speed and spatk what pokemon would best complete my team?

Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 1:08pm (PST)
quote CCTaikien_FVS 7
Umm i'm looking for a good uber team. i have a mewtwo,genesect,arceus,and garchomp all very powerful with speed and spatk what pokemon would best complete my team?
if you post your own thread we'll be able to help you more

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.