Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Hi everyone. Please RMT 5th gen trick room team! ty :D - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36119/t1810974-hi-everyone-please-rmt-5th-gen-trick-room-team-ty/

Author:   Necromorphs
Date:   Dec 29, 12 at 12:58pm (PST)
Subject:   Hi everyone. Please RMT 5th gen trick room team! ty :D
-------------------------------------------
Hi everyone! This is my first try at a competitive trick room team! Still havent finished it yet completely but heres whats in store. Please let me know what i can do to make it better, all opinions are welcome! Thank you!

Reuniclus ( Quiet)
item: Life Orb
Ability: Magic gaurd
Evs: 252 hp 252 spatk 4sdef
Moves: Psychic
Recover
Trick Room
Focus Blast

note: i really like reuniclus as he's a very bulky TR setup with good covarage

Marowak (Brave)
item: thick club
ability: rock head
Evs: 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 spdef
Moves: Double Edge
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Fire Punch

note: I think marowak seems to be a great Tr sweeper due to his amazing attack stat with the thick club. Not sure about the moveset to give him.

Porygon 2 (Quiet)
item: Eviolite
ability: Trace
Evs: 252 hp, 252 spatk, 4 def
Moves: Ice Beam
Thunderbult
Recover
Trick room
note: this is my 2nd trick room setup. He seems to be very bulky when given that item and has a good moveset i believe.

Escavalier (Brave)
item: Choice band
ability: Swarm
Evs: 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 spdef
Moves: Megahorn
Ironhead
Pursuit
Return
Note: Love having escavalier on the tr team as he has a very good attack stat and when tr is up has one of the fastest speeds around. I hate that his movepool lacks a bit but think these moves are good except maybe return, not sure what to put in that forth slot. And the item im not too sure either.

Cofagrifus (Quiet)
item: Leftovers
ability: munny
Evs: 252 hp, 252 spatk, 4 spdef
moves: Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Nasty Plot
Energy Ball
Note: Cafagrigus is my 3rd trick room setup, i like him because hes very bulky and can take a hit while he sets up trick room and is immune to fake out. He can then sweep good with a nasty plot up. Only thing im not sure of is his moveset and item to be held. Any here would be appreciated ty

As for my 6th im not sure who to use, was thinking maybe druddigon for his coverage but not too sure. All help in this rmt is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Author:   Phi
Date:   Dec 30, 12 at 5:15pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Hi everyone. Please RMT 5th gen trick room team! ty :D
    Moved to Pokemon Strategy. (:

Author:   supergoji18
Date:   Dec 31, 12 at 6:44am (PST)
I think Magnetboy will be able to help you. He seems to deal with trick room teams a lot.

Author:   brutonratticus
Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 6:51pm (PST)
I just had to comment. First of which, get rid of earthquake on Marowak and give him bonemerang. Instead of recover on Reuniclus, give him another good sweeping move. Get rid of porygon period and replace him with a Ursaring with guts. He has the strongest facade in the game period. I would use Cofagrigus as a second trick roomer because of his speed and a ability to tank. Also, give him wil-o-wisp to weaken physical attackers and teach him hex. It powers up when someone is under a status and he will also get stab from it. You can also look at a curse lax. It is just an absolute monster. There are many others you can consider, but you are trying to be original. The best three trick roomers in the game are Reuniclus, Bronzong, and Dusclops with eviolite.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 8:09pm (PST)
quote brutonratticus
I just had to comment. First of which, get rid of earthquake on Marowak and give him bonemerang.
NO why would you want to remove one of the best moves of the metagame?, remove double edge instead of EQ, simple reasoning EQ is a 100 BP move it gains STAB from marowak type, also use SE over rock slide if marowak can learn it,
Instead of recover on Reuniclus, give him another good sweeping move.
by that spread reocver is fundamental, reuni likes to stay healed...
Get rid of porygon period and replace him with a Ursaring with guts. He has the strongest facade in the game period.
i wouldnt recomend ursaring, guts is a very double edged sword, plus you lack of a spinner so only reuni is inmune to damage
I would use Cofagrigus as a second trick roomer because of his speed and a ability to tank. Also, give him wil-o-wisp to weaken physical attackers and teach him hex. It powers up when someone is under a status and he will also get stab from it.[/quote] hex sucks period it wont do anything really

Author:   brutonratticus
Date:   Jan 06, 13 at 9:32pm (PST)
There are reasons for the choices that I said Duncan. I have yet to find a pokemon to take a bonemerang from Marowak period. Ursaring is an absolute monster in trick room hands down. Reuniclus does not need the recover as much as you think. It is how you use them. Also, there are several others that are useful. There is a gutsing Hariyama with fake out, close combat, stone edge, and facade. You can also consider a cursing Torterra, power tricking Shuckle, gutsing Conkeldurr, a fake out supporting Sableye, and I am sure I am missing a few. There is also one more. Bronzong with levitate holding the occa berry with hypnosis, gyro ball, trick room, and either light screen or reflect. The only reason I support what I say strongly is because I have personally used these pokemon in competitive battles and they really dominate even against most OU and some UBER tier. You just need to run a team with synergy. Finally, most of these pokemon I have listed do not fear or are concerned about entry hazards because the amount of power behind their attacks, and their ability to withstand attacks. Hex does not suck if you know how to use it.

Author:   veda08
Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 1:32am (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
quote brutonratticus
I just had to comment. First of which, get rid of earthquake on Marowak and give him bonemerang.
NO why would you want to remove one of the best moves of the metagame?, remove double edge instead of EQ, simple reasoning EQ is a 100 BP move it gains STAB from marowak type, also use SE over rock slide if marowak can learn it,
Instead of recover on Reuniclus, give him another good sweeping move.
by that spread reocver is fundamental, reuni likes to stay healed...
Get rid of porygon period and replace him with a Ursaring with guts. He has the strongest facade in the game period.
i wouldnt recomend ursaring, guts is a very double edged sword, plus you lack of a spinner so only reuni is inmune to damage
I would use Cofagrigus as a second trick roomer because of his speed and a ability to tank. Also, give him wil-o-wisp to weaken physical attackers and teach him hex. It powers up when someone is under a status and he will also get stab from it. hex sucks period it wont do anything really

Guys, sorry but I laugh at this so hard, really. In the first place, DONT, as in D. O. N. T. post here something like "rate your team etc. etc" if you cannot accept others' opinions!!!

And dont tell others' opinion SUCKS, because they've been trying to help you out!!! If you think they're wrong or whatever, just keep it to your *toot* self. (self censoring)

Example: I would use Cofagrigus as a second trick roomer because of his speed and a ability to tank. Also, give him wil-o-wisp to weaken physical attackers and teach him hex. It powers up when someone is under a status and he will also get stab from it.hex sucks period it wont do anything really

Oh by the way, the man trying to help you out KNOWS DEFINITELY what he his doing! AND HEX DONT DEFINITELY SUCKS! WANNA TRY MY OWN HEX TO YOU?!!

Ps. Sorry admins. I definitely despise such actions

Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 9:06am (PST)
brutonratticus & Duncan Idaho Bonemarang, after both hits, does the same amount of damage as Earthquake, but since its multi hit, it has the ability to get through substitutes. Problem is though, it's accuracy is kinda low, so they both have advantages and disadvantages.

Also Duncan, Reunicles doesn't need recover. I ran Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Focus Blast, and Calm Mind on mine, and it works fine without the need for recover.

Ursaring is good, but his defenses are kinda low. Porygon, on the other hand, is great on a Trick room team. He's also slow enough to use it, and with Eviolite he gets some massive bulk. And if he gets a download boost to his special attack, he can wreak havoc for several turns. But at the same time, it might not get a download boost to special attack, which will make it kinda average in the damage dealing department.

Hex isn't good or bad, it's just difficult to use. While having 100 base power is awesome, there are some problems. First of all, the accuracy if will-o-wisp is VERY unreliable. I've lost games I normally should have won just because will-o-wisp missed many times over. Also, if the opponent switches out, then you're stuck with a move that has base 50 power again.

veda08 you do realize that Duncan Idaho wasn't the person that originally posted for help right?

Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 9:16am (PST)
quote supergoji18
Bonemarang, after both hits, does the same amount of damage as Earthquake, but since its multi hit, it has the ability to get through substitutes. Problem is though, it's accuracy is kinda low, so they both have advantages and disadvantages.
I often find misses will end costing you the match, i also recomended him to use edgequake combo over double edge that has recoil, is resisted by three of the most common pokes of the metagame.
Also Duncan, Reunicles doesn't need recover. I ran Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Focus Blast, and Calm Mind on mine, and it works fine without the need for recover.
It was a suggestion, on something with base 75 defense is not exactly a bulky thing.
Hex isn't good or bad, it's just difficult to use. While having 100 base power is awesome, there are some problems. First of all, the accuracy if will-o-wisp is VERY unreliable. I've lost games I normally should have won just because will-o-wisp missed many times over. Also, if the opponent switches out, then you're stuck with a move that has base 50 power again.
actually jay and i ran tests on hex a while ago, it suposed to reach base 100 is kinda wrong, despite it saying that we found damage to be underwhelming and overall meh, sball does more damage overall.

Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 1:54pm (PST)
Duncan Idaho not always. Besides, even though the accuracy is kinda low, it does hit for a good majority of the time.

Still, you don't need to have recover.

Really? How so?

Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 2:00pm (PST)
quote supergoji18
Duncan Idaho not always. Besides, even though the accuracy is kinda low, it does hit for a good majority of the time.

Still, you don't need to have recover.

Really? How so?
iirc Sball reaches the same BP but i take reliability as a factor in considering power, aside numbers, and the 10% of dropping SP DEF is a better boon than the one of Hex since there can be status sponges

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.