Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Garchomp, Home At Last? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36119/t1775508-garchomp-home-at-last/2.htm

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Oct 14, 12 at 8:54pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Garchomp, Home At Last?
-------------------------------------------
quote Jeremy
good old days when you and i tried to make a tiering system for neoseeker and everybody shot it down, also as a side note i can see how terrifying chomp is switch it on forretress or ferrothorn and SD twice GG.

Author:   Icekickseverything
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 2:44am (PST)
Because you're system was flawed in so many ways.

Chomp shouldn't be down in OU even without Sand Veil, the complex bans have now pretty much *bleep*ed Cacturne and Gliscor and Frosslass for what, so you can get another OP Dragon as OU. mmmmkay

Author:   MagnetBoy
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 6:55am (PST)
quote Jeremy
Now I'm just waiting for everyone to say "Oh, he should have been OU all along. I thought he should have been since the beginning!"

Which is of course untrue since I remember only like... one person on my side back then...

I also see they did the complez ban that I suggested. Which is pretty loltastic, as everyone else shot that down too.

This might make me play again.

The one backing you up was me, in all seriousness; just so you know not to say this about me when I start my rants.

supergoji18 well FireFang would only be needed for Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress, Genesect, and whatever else its x4 on right? Any other Steels I would assume EQ did plenty to, and with x4 power I'd think FireFang would be sufficient too

Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 7:17am (PST)
quote Icekickseverything
Because you're system was flawed in so many ways.
Of course it was, but that wasnt a reason to kick a new idea, or you think the best masterpieces of the world were made in a single day? for exaple you think da vinci's Mona Lisa was made in a single day? or the David of michel angelo was made in 5 seconds?, at least the forum could helped with suggestions.

Chomp shouldn't be down in OU even without Sand Veil, the complex bans have now pretty much *bleep*ed Cacturne and Gliscor and Frosslass for what, so you can get another OP Dragon as OU. mmmmkay
Yeah except that cacturne has acess to water absorb which is arguably equally usefull on certain situation, oh and it keeps the sand inmunity, gliscor has poison heal which helps a lot more (inmunity to poison while not being a poison pokemon? yes please) Frosslass shouldnt be suffering hits tbh still cursed body is a decent ability, i am happy to see a less haxy metagame as hax has made me lose matches badly.

Author:   supergoji18
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 9:01am (PST)
quote HyphyExodus
supergoji18 you got your wish, now you have a counter for dragonite

I'm excited to try out garchomp though I think it will be fun. Would've been a huge beast if it knew dragon dance (still is a beast anyway). Probably gonna use it as a swords dance I don't think ill choice it in any way
i just realized I got my wish! XD I am so happy!

Perhaps next generation it will get Dragon Dance

Magnetboy that's exactly why I use fire fang and Earth Quake. Although Skarmory walls it even with a weakness to fire. However, I'm fairly certain that a +2 Dual Chop will deal some heavy damage, even with a resistance

Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 11:42am (PST)
supergoji18 if I ever have the free time for battling any time soon, I'll be running ScarfChomp I suppose

Author:   bluesandcoke
Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 1:06pm (PST)
Finally you guys will see the real Garchomp. \o/

Date:   Oct 15, 12 at 1:54pm (PST)
Magnetboy you know what i might do, run a Hone Claws set over Swords dance to boost the accuracy of Stone Edge. Just one boost can make it 100% accurate, which i welcome with open arms.

Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 2:56pm (PST)
quote supergoji18
Magnetboy you know what i might do, run a Hone Claws set over Swords dance to boost the accuracy of Stone Edge. Just one boost can make it 100% accurate, which i welcome with open arms.
Since StoneEdge is only filler anyway, is it worth the less Atk really?

Also doesn't it go from 80 to 88 or am I misinformed xD

Author:   Jeevs
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 4:06pm (PST)
4/5 * 4/3 = 16/15
= it'll hit.
Just run dragmag T_T

Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 5:54pm (PST)
quote MagnetBoy

Filler? Don't you remember Edgequake? The move combo that has nearly unresisted coverage?

And yes, you are miss informed. When accuracy is increased by 1 stage it raises by 33%. So that's 80 accuracy * 0.33 = 26.4. Add that onto 80 and you get 106.4% accuracy. I'd say it'll be hitting quite often.

Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 12:58pm (PST)
quote supergoji18
quote MagnetBoy

Filler? Don't you remember Edgequake? The move combo that has nearly unresisted coverage?

And yes, you are miss informed. When accuracy is increased by 1 stage it raises by 33%. So that's 80 accuracy * 0.33 = 26.4. Add that onto 80 and you get 106.4% accuracy. I'd say it'll be hitting quite often.
Yeah but the Edge portion of EdgeQuake hits the Ice-types and Flying-Types that the Quake part can't; Ice-types will be using IceShard anyway unless you hit them on the switch-in and the main Flying-types you'll run into will be Gliscor and Skarmory, who both are neutral to Rock. Oh, and Bug-types, which are Genesect, Scizor, and Forretress, all of whom need to be hit by FireFang. StoneEdge is a good move for the set, yes, but still a filler. The things that resist EdgeQuake, luckily, are hit by FireFang (Virizion, Bronzong, and Breloom) other than Claydol but only captain boo is cool enough to use him xD

Hm, that's interesting; I should use HoneClaws more

Author:   captain boo
Date:   Oct 22, 12 at 8:45pm (PST)
quote MagnetBoy
quote supergoji18
quote MagnetBoy

Yeah but the Edge portion of EdgeQuake hits the Ice-types and Flying-Types that the Quake part can't; Ice-types will be using IceShard anyway unless you hit them on the switch-in and the main Flying-types you'll run into will be Gliscor and Skarmory, who both are neutral to Rock. Oh, and Bug-types, which are Genesect, Scizor, and Forretress, all of whom need to be hit by FireFang. StoneEdge is a good move for the set, yes, but still a filler. The things that resist EdgeQuake, luckily, are hit by FireFang (Virizion, Bronzong, and Breloom) other than Claydol but only captain boo is cool enough to use him xD

Hm, that's interesting; I should use HoneClaws more
<3 Claydol.

Eh, I hate Garchomp. Doesn't belong in OU, never has. He just worsens the state of the met anywho. :/

Date:   Oct 23, 12 at 7:01am (PST)
I think Chomp is not nearly as threatening a she was in DPPt he has to work his way carefully around genesect, and magnezone is barley a check for it since genesect usually runs flamethrower even in rain it will damage heavly magnezone on the other hand he has to be carefull of sect not using uturn onto something like electivire since not everbody will be running HP fire on it, returning to chomp i am not 100% sure if yache chomp can survive a +1 Ice beam as 100% of the time scarf sect gets a download boost to it's SP ATK.

Date:   Oct 23, 12 at 7:18pm (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
I think Chomp is not nearly as threatening a she was in DPPt he has to work his way carefully around genesect, and magnezone is barley a check for it since genesect usually runs flamethrower even in rain it will damage heavly magnezone on the other hand he has to be carefull of sect not using uturn onto something like electivire since not everbody will be running HP fire on it, returning to chomp i am not 100% sure if yache chomp can survive a +1 Ice beam as 100% of the time scarf sect gets a download boost to it's SP ATK.
Amen to the Genesect point, also Cloyster's new popularity this Gen from ShellSmash means sooner or later someone will pick up on his defensive prowess as necessary, which would be a nice change of pace for the meta to see some more flexible Pokemon being used

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.