Date: Nov 02, 08 at 3:48am (PST)
Subject: Pokémon Clans Forum Rules and Announcements
Pokémon Clans Forum Rules and AnnouncementsForum Rules and RegulationsForum Rules
Expectations of Clan Leaders
- Be Courteous and Appropriate: This forum has a large range of old and new members, with visitors browsing everyday. That's why you need to be polite to your fellow visitors because everyone comes here to kick back, relax or look for some help. Let's make it so people want to come back again. This game is largely targeted at a younger age range, so keep your language and topic discussions appropriate for those ages. If you are a clan leader, you do not have free license to treat your clan members rudely. Flaming or intentional disrespect toward anyone in this forum is subject to an immediate ban for an indefinite amount of time.
- Off-Topic Discussion: The clans are primarily for the discussion of the Pokémon series (e.g. main series, spin-off series, battling, trading, story-telling, game questions, commenting and analyzing game elements, suggestions, etc.) Discussing clan matters is allowed in clan threads. There should be no off-topic discussion in any clan threads. Leaders must also obey this rule, and should also enforce it on their members. If you want to have a private chat with a member about any topics other than the ones allowed, please use the PM function.
- You are Responsible for your Account: If you leave yourself logged in, tell someone your password or are careless with your user information, then any action from your account that disrupts the rules is your responsibility.
- Use the Report Feature Correctly: In the bottom right corner of all posts is a report that let's you flag a post for moderation. You should only use this if a post violates the rules of the forum, the rules of the clan or is generally inappropriate. It is strongly recommended that you report such posts, instead of replying to them and creating an off-topic conversation or argument; in the event this happens, those who were involved will receive the same level of consequence.
Expectations of Clan Leaders:
- Posting in Threads: You can only post in a clan's thread if you are A. a member of that clan or B. an ally of that clan. If you see someone posting in a clan that is not a member or an ally, please notify that clan's leader or a moderator if they continue. If you were banned from a clan by its leader, you DO NOT have permission post in their thread for any reason; this should also be reported to a moderator in order to take further action.
- Clan Limits: Each clan can only have a minimum of 5 members and a maximum of 18 members. Clans are allowed to have alliances with other clans, but are limited to only 2 allies at a time; if you wish to change allies, you have to replace them with a current one. Also, you can only be a member of 3 clans at a time, maximum. "Honorary Members" have been allowed in the past, but they are no longer allowed to post in clans. It is permitted to recognize those individuals for past deeds within the clan, but that does not give them the privilege to post in that clan unless they are an official member or an ally.
- Clan Creation and First Post Requirements: In order to create a clan, you must have a minimum of 5 members ready to join before you make the first thread. When the thread is made, the first post should be neat, detailed, organized, and consistently updated. It must include a list of current members. Any other relevant information regarding the clan that is present on the first post is the clan leader's discretion. Any content present on the first post that is deemed inappropriate or unnecessary by a forum moderator should be immediately removed. If a thread does not meet the requirements of a clan or is completely unrelated to the forum, it shall be closed by a moderator. For more information and tips on how to create and maintain a clan, click here to visit our in-depth guide created by clan leader veterans of this forum.
- Rules: Clan leaders are expected to encourage members to adhere to the site-wide rules and report any instances where they are broken to the forum moderator.
- Attitude: Keep a level head in all situations and refrain from flaming your members, being rude and insulting them, and generally showing disrespect to any member for any reason.
- Environment: Make sure that your clan is a safe environment for all your members, and do not allow any flaming or fighting to occur. All members should have a welcome place to go to and should not feel afraid to post in your clan.
- Discussion: Encourage discussion to be focused around Pokémon in general or clan related issues.
- Thread Continuations: When a clan thread reaches 30 pages, the next time the clan leader or co-leader(s) is online, they should create a new thread unless a member from that clan has permission from a leader, co-leader, or moderator to create it.
- Requests, Feedback and Suggestions: If you have any queries, feedback or anything you wish to post regarding the progress and state of the forum, this thread is for the members to help develop the forum. This thread can be found here.
- The Commission: This thread is for leaders and co-leaders of clans to meet and discuss things such as clan activity and how to raise it, and to organize clan events like tournaments or battles between two clans. This thread can be found here.
- Clan Profiles and Free Agents: This thread is for people and clans to present themselves to the community to put themselves on the market of availability and advertising their clans to attract members respectively. Members of the forum and clans alike can use this thread to make themselves known throughout the community and use the opportunity to be accepted by clan leaders into a clan or gain more members by displaying their profile. This thread can be found here.
- The PokéClan Monthly Featured: This thread is for voting and viewing the featured clans, featured member interviews, and featured clan war match-ups for each month. Members of the community will be able to vote for featured members and features clan war matches; featured clans are revealed by the forum moderators' choice. The featured clan wars are revealed on the 1st of every month and the featured member interviews and featured clans are revealed on the 15th of every month. This thread can be found here.
Thanks to all the prior moderators who have
helped shape and provide the
frame work for these rules.
Date: Jan 14, 11 at 1:31pm (PST)
Subject: How to Create and Maintain a Successful Clan
The following guide has been designed to assist new members in creating their ideal clans. Although it's not a part of forum rules, these guidelines and suggestions are extremely helpful - and a good place to start if you're unsure what to do in this forum.
How to Create and Maintain a Successful Clan:Preparation
Before posting your thread, it's very important to have a solid idea of what you want your clan to be. Many successful clans have a theme or concept upon which the clan is based upon, for example you could make a battling clan, a clan based upon a certain type of Pokemon, etc. If you have a unique theme, there's a better chance that members will be interested - the more creative the better! First post
The next step is designing your first post. The first post is the first thing members will see when they look at your thread, so it needs to be organized, interesting, creative, eye-drawing, etc. However, you don't want to have a cluttered post with too much information. Some good things to include are;
- A brief outline stating what your clan is about, what you hope to achieve and most importantly the type of discussion that will go on in the clan.
- An updated, current list of all members of the clan. (Remember, this is a forum rule and therefore compulsory!)
- A form, or instruction on how new members can join. Often this is a form with 'name; fc; shoddy; position in clan;' depending on the type of clan.
- A rules section, which is often a shortened version of the forum rules. Or you can opt for a message with a link to the forum rules.Member base
As the clan grows you can add more sections to the first post, such as clan graphics, battle history, allies, previous threads and much more. But once you've designed a good first post, you need to attract some members. It's a forum rule that you must have five members before posting a clan, there are some easy ways to get them. A great way is to talk to your friends about it - show them your created first post and introduce them to the concept. If you're new to the forum, you can still do this, send some PMs to some members you've seen around the Pokemon forums. Or alternatively, participate in general discussions - they're a great way to make friends.Getting started
So you've came up with an awesome concept, made a neat, interesting first post, gathered five members - you're ready to post your clan!
The key to a successful clan is activity - without members posting your clan will die out to the bottom of the forum. The best way to do this is to encourage discussion. Remember, the forum rules state that the discussion must be about Pokemon. As the creator of the clan, you should be heavily involved in these discussions. You also need to keep the member's coming to the thread, so organizing battles, trades and events are a must for a clan. However, you don't want to do too much too soon, start small and build up your members before participating in giant clan wars or such. A great way to advertise your clan is to post your clan in the Clan Profiles Thread
!'What can I do next?'
As the leader/founder of your clan, you need to be fully committed. You are the role model of the clan, and as a leader it's your job to maintain that the rules are being followed. You also must encourage and participate in discussion and make sure there's no conflict within the clan. This does not mean you can become a dictator, your members should feel as if everyone is an equal part of the clan. Remember, being a leader is a privilege, and if you abuse it you won't be allow to run the clan any more. Because it is such a large responsibility, many leaders choose to give a co-leader position to an other member of the clan to help run the thread.
Another step you can make to further your clan activity and image is to make an 'alliance' with another clan. While they don't do much, members of your allied clan can participate in your clan's events and vice versa. It's a great way to connect with the other members of the forum that aren't in your clan - but remember, it's a forum rule that you can only have two clan allies.Events & Tournaments
Now that you've established a successful and active clan, you can step out and participate or create clan events. These are mostly battling tournaments, but can be almost anything - for example a graphics battle. Clan 'wars' are particularly enjoyable - clan on clan battling tournaments that are usually organized with the leaders. If you're new to this, it's a great idea to go to your allied clan and get them to start one. Often, there will be big forum wide tournaments where every clan participates.
Once you've organized a tournament, head on over to the Pokémon Battle Forum
or Pokémon Battle Tournaments Forum
, create a thread, and start battling!
Thanks to the community
for contributing ideas for
this guide and JesseTheKing
for writing major portions
of the guide.
Date: Feb 27, 11 at 3:06am (PST)
Subject: 'Why has my clan been closed?'
Some of you may have noticed, I've been closing troublesome clans down for short periods of time. This is a new system to deal with problematic clans.'Why has my clan been closed?'
Really, it comes down to constant spam. The moderators of this forums have never been, and will never be monstrous dictators that refuse to compromise. But we won't accept a consistent breaking of the rules. Every now and then, it's fine to get a little off topic, but when I'm regularly deleting posts and sending warnings, it's an issue.
Leaders; your members have been regularly getting warnings and post deletions due to spam.
I am not permanently closing your clan, however take this as a serious warning. This is a big fat warning directed at you guys, unless you intervene and make your members shape up, your clan is looking towards thread closure. Spamming and off-topic posts are not tolerated anywhere on Neoseeker, and neither will they be here.
Clan members; save your leader's the trouble of playing the big bad guy, and help towards reducing spam in your clan! Your clan's thread has been closed due to a constant abuse of spam, and if you're reading this you may have been a contributor towards this. If this keeps up, your thread may be closed, which neither the forum moderator, nor the members want.'When will it be opened again?'
I'm not going to give a specific time, but in general you're looking at three days. I'm not going to open it earlier, so please don't ask.Note, if I have to close the thread again, it will be for a much longer period of time. And if there's a third time, I'll have to permanently close the clan. Please don't let this happen!
Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.