Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm's new training mode prepares you for ranked play - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36114/t1806228-starcraft-2-heart-of-swarms-new-training-mode-prepares-you-for-ranked-play/

Author:   chautemoc
Date:   Dec 17, 12 at 7:59am (PST)
Subject:   Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm's new training mode prepares you for ranked play
-------------------------------------------
[[news:21684]]

Author:   nonhydra
Date:   Dec 17, 12 at 10:19am (PST)
Subject:   re: Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm's new training mode prepares you for ranked play
i love this idea because I've tried to teach my brother to play this game and its not working out for me so im going to let this do it for me

Author:   omnious
Date:   Dec 19, 12 at 12:40pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm's new training mode prepares you for ranked play
The only problem I have with this is at the moment the AI just tries to kill you at 5 or 7 minutes with 3 attacks, then is hopless as they either build and army while teching and so have no economy, or expand and build an army but have no tech, so basically any 2 base play will beat the AI up until insane, n thats only because it literally cheats and has an income boost. unless the AI is vastly improved this will prepare you for bronze league... and the 50 odd losses before you even play someone remotely close to your skill level

Author:   AznLiquid
Date:   Dec 19, 12 at 4:39pm (PST)
You're talking about the current player vs AI? I think this is supposed to be something entirely different.

No matter the case, the best way to improve will always be getting stomped and learning from losses. There's no way Blizzard can program an AI that keeps up with modern builds.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.