Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Game Discussion 2 - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36114/t1588371-general-game-discussion-2/7.htm

Author:   AznLiquid
Date:   May 08, 12 at 5:13pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Game Discussion 2
-------------------------------------------
Every pro team started practicing SC2 on the side and most of them blew through the leagues without knowing anything at all, lol. Goes to show how good they are mechanically.

Expect them to start rolling through people after 1 or 2 seasons.

Author:   sheepman
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 9:28am (PST)
Rofl those flash pics are funny. Soulkey is the best of the sc1 pros atm and he's just about code s level. Already.

Author:   Hell Fire
Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 10:07pm (PST)
Haha, take a look at this game. Seeker missles ftw!

Link

Author:   Hell Fire
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
I'm just about to jump on for the first time in about 4 months. Anyone want a game?

Author:   Irish Gamer
Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 4:11am (PST)
So I've ordered this game and it should arrive this week. I loved the original Starcraft, so got high expectations.

Going to shake off the rust in the campaigns before I event think about battle.net.

Author:   Aulis Vaara
Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 6:18am (PST)
quote Hell Fire
I'm just about to jump on for the first time in about 4 months. Anyone want a game?
Sure. I haven't played in a long time myself, thouugh I've never had any real skill in the game.

I think this should allow you to find me, somehow: Aulis#2970

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 7:15pm (PST)
Really enjoying the HOTS campaign. Close to the end, crazy stuff happening. Anyone else?

Author:   Zarathustra
Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 8:08pm (PST)
Finished the campaign a couple of days ago, I've been going back to get all of the Mastery achievements (I played on Brutal and picked up the Normal achievements along the way but didn't realise there was a whole separate group for every mission). Getting a few of the Kerrigan ones too for abilities I didn't use in my first play through.

I won't put any spoilers in here, but I didn't enjoy this campaign as much as WoL. Not sure if that was because of the missions, the story, or a bit of both. I still had fun, but didn't grab me as much as the Terran set did. Which is kinda disappointing as a Zerg player because I was looking forward to having lots of fun with souped up Zerg units.

Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 8:26pm (PST)
The units in the campaign are still souped up, lol. You can literally go Muta/raptorling almost every mission and kill everything. And to be honest, they seemed to have made the campaign much easier than WoL. They dumbed things down for sure, larvae spawned from hatches super quick, no need use Overlords as units at all and the scenarios themselves were easier.

I still found both campaigns very enjoyable to play.. I've just stopped caring about what happens at all. SC2's writers just don't seem to understand the original characters. Seriously, play through the original game or watch all the story on Youtube. SC2 took a dump on that. WoL had some good moments but HotS story and especially the dialogue, has been unbearable.

Author:   MaChaoTheSplendid
Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 9:50pm (PST)
Yeah the storyline was pretty disappointing to me, and it was too easy for sure, though I only did it on hard.

I do like some of the new multiplayer units though, I'm getting frustrated with running/flying over a bunch of the new mines and losing half my army instantly for no cost, but it's cool, just gotta learn to keep obs/raven etc closer.

And I love the new Toss air units.

Raynor is the biggest disappointment to me in SC2. I loved him and Fenix in SC and BW but now he seems to have forgotten all about Fenix and everything that happened in the first games.

Author:   Zarathustra
Date:   Mar 18, 13 at 3:22am (PST)
quote MaChaoTheSplendid
Raynor is the biggest disappointment to me in SC2. I loved him and Fenix in SC and BW but now he seems to have forgotten all about Fenix and everything that happened in the first games.
So far SC2 has basically just been a love story between Raynor and Kerrigan. I agree with you, so many of the key characters from the originals have just kind of fallen by the way side.

Author:   Aulis Vaara
Date:   Mar 19, 13 at 3:25am (PST)
quote MaChaoTheSplendid
Yeah the storyline was pretty disappointing to me, and it was too easy for sure, though I only did it on hard.

Ah, seriously? So for someone who mainly plays for the story, this game is not worth the money?

quote MaChaoTheSplendid
I do like some of the new multiplayer units though, I'm getting frustrated with running/flying over a bunch of the new mines and losing half my army instantly for no cost, but it's cool, just gotta learn to keep obs/raven etc closer.
So, basically, Terran is still the OP race? Or at least the race that gets the most versatile and mighty units.

Date:   Mar 19, 13 at 9:50am (PST)
The campaign is easier than WoL but the missions are fun (27 of them, no mini-campaign, no secret missions). Unique upgrades for units can be chosen every level, so you can adapt, one of the flaws from WoL campaign was that you couldn't switch upgrades after buying them. If you liked WoL's story, you'll probably still like this, but they clearly took the story in a whole different direction from Brood War. I believe Chris Metzen is the only writer who has worked on both the original and sequel. It shows.

For $40, it's worth it from a gameplay perspective. The new units change up multiplayer and the campaign has replay value. They pretty much added a type of "new game plus" where you get the best possible units and Kerrigan abilities for whatever missions you choose.

Void Rays and Widow Mines are OP at the moment. Zerg still dominating high levels though.

Author:   edepot
Date:   Apr 02, 13 at 1:00am (PST)
I added secrets in the wiki for this game. check it out. The wiki like is that tiny link left of the discussions forum words at the top of this page.

Author:   death talon
Date:   Apr 27, 13 at 1:29pm (PST)
hi, quick question here. my achievements have been disabled because i used a cheat a while ago, but i don't know how to get achievements back. they said to "start a new game" but i already tried that.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.