Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Don't make the same mistake I did! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/35498/t1236645-don-39-make-same-mistake-did/

Author:   ccc
Date:   Sep 20, 08 at 7:28pm (PST)
Subject:   Don't make the same mistake I did!
-------------------------------------------
The other day I beat my 100m record. As soon as I crossed the finish line I paused the game to check my time. Jubilation! I'd got a new world record of 9.293 seconds! I ran into another room to boast to my brother and we got talking. When I eventually went back, it had started a new race. That meant it hadn't registered my time!

Don't feel too sorry for me. I got 9.292 seconds a couple of days later (which did register!). But. The lesson to be learned is: when you get a new world record, don't leave the game paused- watch the clip with your character standing on the podium receiving their medal and then quit to the main menu. Your time will then be saved.

Don't make the same mistake I did!

Author:   Boo
Date:   Sep 20, 08 at 7:31pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Don't make the same mistake I did!
Right, not that it's not annoying, but I think this thread is slightly pointless...

Boo ♥

Author:   ccc
Date:   Sep 20, 08 at 7:50pm (PST)
Perhaps. But if reading this prevents just one person from losing their record then surely it's worth it?

Author:   Tozaki
Date:   Oct 02, 08 at 12:59pm (PST)
really?

but it is your world record, why would you want others beating it?

Author:   ShinySwellow
Date:   Apr 01, 09 at 8:06pm (PST)
I wouldn't want people beating my world record. My younger cousin beat mine at Javelin Throw, and I'm really not happy about that...

Author:   Phil68
Date:   Aug 13, 10 at 2:39am (PST)
quote ShinySwellow
I wouldn't want people beating my world record. My younger cousin beat mine at Javelin Throw, and I'm really not happy about that...
i know what you mean i beat my brothers javlin world record and he's still mad at me and i did that a few months ago:P

Author:   xXLBPgirlXx
Date:   Aug 13, 10 at 7:19pm (PST)
quote 18ccc
The other day I beat my 100m record. As soon as I crossed the finish line I paused the game to check my time. Jubilation! I'd got a new world record of 9.293 seconds! I ran into another room to boast to my brother and we got talking. When I eventually went back, it had started a new race. That meant it hadn't registered my time!

Don't feel too sorry for me. I got 9.292 seconds a couple of days later (which did register!). But. The lesson to be learned is: when you get a new world record, don't leave the game paused- watch the clip with your character standing on the podium receiving their medal and then quit to the main menu. Your time will then be saved.

Don't make the same mistake I did!

But, when your on the pause screen it pauses and doesnt go to the race untill you click continue

Author:   Phil68
Date:   Aug 16, 10 at 3:01am (PST)
quote 1phil68
quote ShinySwellow
i know what you mean i beat my brothers javlin world record and he's still mad at me and i did that a few months ago:P
and it has to be on one player to save the records

Author:   Destroyer Of Worlds
Date:   Dec 27, 10 at 6:58am (PST)
Subject:   Do NOT Make The Same Mistake I did!
That's NOTHING! I got 9.437 and you don't see me complaining!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.