Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Barclays Premier League - Round 6 - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/35/t1767758-barclays-premier-league-round-6/

Author:   D I O S
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 7:29am (PST)
Subject:   Barclays Premier League - Round 6
-------------------------------------------

Saturday, 29th September 2012
Arsenal v Chelsea 12:45 SS2
Everton v Southampton 15:00
Fulham v Man City 15:00
Norwich v Liverpool 15:00
Reading v Newcastle 15:00
Stoke v Swansea 15:00
Sunderland v Wigan 15:00
Man Utd v Tottenham 17:30 ESPN

Sunday, 30th September 2012
Aston Villa vs West Brom 16:00 SS2

Monday, 1st October 2012
QPR vs West Ham 20:00 SS1

The Ryder Cup may be starting tomorrow as well but all eyes should be on the Premier League for a Saturday heavy fixture list with only 2 games being moved from the Holy Grail of footballing days.
Everton host Southampton in one of the six 3 o'clock kick offs. With a whole host of changes expected from Moyes after the loss at Leeds eager to return to the style that got them a 3-0 win over Swansea in their last league game. Southampton will be tough, hoping to build on their stunning form of a whole 2 wins against Championship opposition.
Fulham will be looking to emulate Arsenal, Stoke and Liverpool by getting a point against the Champions. City are yet to lose in the league but have failed to get all 3 points more often than they've succeeded and with a loss against a team even Southampton beat ringing in their ears they could be there for the taking.
Inbreds face thieves in East Anglia, although with that sixth finger Norwich fans would probably be half decent at lifting a wallet. More hilariously than that punchline Liverpool travel while below Norwich in the table due mainly to the fact that they are awful.
A team below both will be wanting to get their first win of the season on the board against a team who seem to be gaining momentum. A loss midweek will have hurt Newcastle but with both of their strikers having now netted a surge in goals could be seen. Reading meanwhile finally beat Premier League opposition scraping past QPR in the League Cup; doing it in the Premier League could prove to be a different matter.
Beauty and the Beast at the Brittania as Michael Laudrup meets Tony Pulis. Pulis wants 3 game diving bans, although he's still not a fan of driving bans. Michu will be attempting to make the people of Stoke suffer by adding to his 4 league goals already, as will anyone who added him to their fantasy team after week 3.
A team who has only drawn games come up against a team who have also lost and won games. Sunderland vs Wigan. Fletcher vs Al-Habsi. Whoever Wigan's striker is nowadays vs whoever Sunderland's goalie is. Truly, a clash of the ages. Or, more likely, the last game on Match Of The Day.
United face Spurs at half 5 on ESPN. Tottenham arrive having finally strung two wins together; AVB is a hero. Though no doubt a loss here and the fickle Spurs fans (so all of them) will turn again. United meanwhile have put their loss to Everton out of their minds and convincingly and comprehensively beat Wigan while narrowly scraping past every other team they've played.

Onto Sunday where a Birmingham derby casts a lonely figure but is somehow still considered a Super Sunday due to Sky's love of alliteration and hyperbole. A somewhat friendly derby, those in blue and gold being more hated by Villa and West Brom respectively, but a sense of rivalry exists nonetheless. An important game for both teams as well. Villa need to start putting points on the board and this represents a serious opportunity to do so. A win for West Brom, however, could make a statement. They sit 4th currently and could conceivably be top when the final whistle blows.

Finally, Monday Night Football shows a match up between some of the cuntiest owners of football clubs in existence, although to be fair massive plastic cocks would be more accurate for one set of directors. On the pitch a team who annoyingly stayed up last year will face a team that annoyingly got promoted last year, it is a true shame they can't both lose.

Author:   Stu
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 8:09am (PST)
Subject:   re: Barclays Premier League - Round 6
fu dios!

3-1 loss for us, we'll play well but Everton are far too strong at home for us to get anything from the game.

Lambert with our goal.

Author:   BazBro
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 8:40am (PST)
Hopefully we can snatch it.
2 - 1. Walcott continuing his form from Coventry and scoring twice.

Author:   AlexC
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 8:57am (PST)
Is Tevez likely to start tomorrow?

Author:   ToonUltra
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 2:44pm (PST)
We should win. Hopefully Cisse has his confidence back which in turn will get him goals.

Author:   Bollo
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:34pm (PST)
Cabaye out. Hmph. Looked to be getting back to himself second half vs Everton. Please start Bigirimana alongside Tiote, so obviously the way to go. Hard to say without complete context, but anything but a win is probably disappointing.

Author:   DaveyPoshboy
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:48pm (PST)
Tight game, look like we're running it, they'll nick a goal, dodgy decision, "judgement day failure" type interview for avb after the game, mirror sports fap to the tune of saint 'arry yada yada yada

1-1 or 2-1 United.

Author:   ResistanceFailure
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 10:04pm (PST)
Nah we'll lose 4-1, after taking the lead through a set piece.

Author:   ToonUltra
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 2:50am (PST)
quote Bollo
Cabaye out. Hmph. Looked to be getting back to himself second half vs Everton. Please start Bigirimana alongside Tiote, so obviously the way to go. Hard to say without complete context, but anything but a win is probably disappointing.
Most likely that Anita will be alongside Tiote and Perch at right-back again. Would like to see Bigi and Tiote in the midfield though sometime.

Author:   Bollo
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 3:18am (PST)
I want Anita RB, looks so much better there, has been getting lost in the midfield so far. Perch does deserve to start, but him and Tiote together wouldn't work, and he looks so much worse at RB. Need a big performance from Anita should he start, needs to be the ball player.

Author:   Andy Jay
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 3:22am (PST)
quote D I O S
United face Spurs at half 5 on ESPN. Tottenham arrive having finally strung two wins together; AVB is a hero. Though no doubt a loss here and the fickle Spurs fans (so all of them) will turn again.
I'd like to state for the record that I still think he's a shite manager. One win against a team that didnt play until the game was over, and one lucky win at home that without an own goal wouldnt have happened.

In the hope that I'll eat my words I'd like to pre-emptively congratulate United on their win and Chris Foy for officiating the game in a fair and just manner.

I think the only way we could win today is if United had Carroll in goal and we brought mendes out of retirement. And of course the linesman was a bit more aware, or awake, or alive.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 4:14am (PST)
2-0 Liverpool. I'd like to see;

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Coates Enrique
Sahin Allen
Assaidi Gerrard Sterling
Suarez

Author:   Star of Spurs
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 4:51am (PST)
United away. Let's just get today over with.

Author:   Xabi_Alonso
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 4:59am (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
2-0 Liverpool. I'd like to see;

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Coates Enrique
Sahin Allen
Assaidi Gerrard Sterling
Suarez

I've heard

Reina
Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson
Gerrard Allen Sahin
Suso Suarez Sterling

Author:   Sweeney
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 5:51am (PST)
1-1 Sess

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.