Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: UEFA Champions League - page 21

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/35/t1761190-uefa-champions-league/21.htm

Author:   RizzyJay
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 3:52pm (PST)
Subject:   re: UEFA Champions League
-------------------------------------------
quote Chelsea Boi
quote RizzyJay
And Torres makes me so frustrated at times.
Personally, I couldn't fault him. He didn't shy away from taking on an opponent and actually tried to make space for himself & others.

He's our top goalscorer so far, and bar the QPR game, he's been playing well.

It's not necessarily his fault. It's just in the later stage of the game, we always have relied on Drogba to get us out and he does from time to time, so we pin the long balls in the box as we do, and Torres is just never there lol. At least Drogba makes some kinda awkwardness for the defenders. It'll take time on how we should act when losing a lead or chasing a lead, but we do need to be sharper with the passing. Although that Hazard/Mata combo was immense. Shame Mata couldn't smash that in the back of the net or squared it to Torres.

quote finalfantasy7
quote RizzyJay
And I personally rather we spend massive amount of money (i'm sorry, we do have funds) to a proven defensive-minded midfielder than pin hopes on a young unproven player. Shame Javi Martinez went to Bayern. Can't really think of another available off the top of my head.
suprised no one has bought Radja Nainggolan , he's small but built, juve tried to get him but cagliari wanted 15meuro, so we got assamoah instead, Nainggolan tough tackler easily fit into english league
I'll be honest, I've never heard of him. =P

But i'll keep an eye out for him if I even see his team play.

Author:   Chelsea Boi
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 1:35pm (PST)
quote RizzyJay
quote Chelsea Boi
quote RizzyJay
And Torres makes me so frustrated at times.
Personally, I couldn't fault him. He didn't shy away from taking on an opponent and actually tried to make space for himself & others.

He's our top goalscorer so far, and bar the QPR game, he's been playing well.

It's not necessarily his fault. It's just in the later stage of the game, we always have relied on Drogba to get us out and he does from time to time, so we pin the long balls in the box as we do, and Torres is just never there lol. At least Drogba makes some kinda awkwardness for the defenders. It'll take time on how we should act when losing a lead or chasing a lead, but we do need to be sharper with the passing. Although that Hazard/Mata combo was immense. Shame Mata couldn't smash that in the back of the net or squared it to Torres.
That's because Torres isn't a target man so we shouldn't look to lump balls up to him. That's half of the problem .. He's decent at getting the ball down, but he's not like Drogba at winning the ball in an aerial battle. A ball over the top or a through ball to run onto is what Torres thrives upon and he hasn't properly got that in the last few games.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 11:38am (PST)
Not getting a new thread? Celtic picked up three points in Russia, I think if they could beat Spartak at home they'd almost be certain of qualifying.

Author:   shaunie
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 11:44am (PST)
Cannot believe the result. First away win in the Champions League ever. Buzzing so much!

Samaras in Europe >>>>

quote Liverpool_96
I think if they could beat Spartak at home they'd almost be certain of qualifying.
No chance. We're not lucky enough to go through with only 7 points.

Author:   AliB23
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 11:53am (PST)
Must be the first time in years we have played a match without any wingers. A front three of Hernandez, Van Persie and Rooney will be interesting to watch.

Author:   shaunie
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 12:05pm (PST)
I've really enjoyed watching Man United in Europe over the past couple of years

Author:   High Road
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 12:50pm (PST)
*bleep*ing class finish.

Author:   Chad
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 12:51pm (PST)
Lovely finish right there from Van Persie. Good run and pass. Looking forward to seeing the Rooney + Van Persie combination more often, considering this is the first time I've seen them play together.

Author:   The Red Devils
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:16pm (PST)
Yeah class finish from Van Persie, great ball by Rooney though.

Author:   DeadLine
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:19pm (PST)
*bleep* me, horrible injury for Puyol. Arm twisted way out of position, looks badly broken.

Author:   windowlicker
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:21pm (PST)
David Luiz

Author:   DeadLine
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:32pm (PST)

Author:   Tommy Vercetti
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:36pm (PST)
Oh man! Wtf!

Author:   Scott
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:40pm (PST)
good to get the win tonight. not impressed with yet another slow start though and falling behind from that. we really need to improve our defending as it hasn't been good enough lately. evra needs a rocket up the arse. i think he should be dropped for buttner to show him that if he doesn't improve his form he'll lose his place. or as his defending is clearly letting him down, why we have injuries to valencia and young we should play nani on the right and evra on the left as a winger with buttner at left back.

i was surprised to see us line up so narrowly considering it was obvious they would get large numbers behind the ball. i thought we would have played with more width to try and create chances.

Author:   krishen
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:24pm (PST)
Dam that looks painful

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.