Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: UEFA Champions League - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/35/t1761190-uefa-champions-league/12.htm

Author:   Styot
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: UEFA Champions League
-------------------------------------------
I think Hart is slightly over rated tbh, I reckon Ben Foster is better.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:59pm (PST)
First part I agree with you (and this is from someone who's been driving the Hart bandwagon for at least 4 years), second part has to be a joke, surely?

Author:   Bollo
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:41pm (PST)
Texted my mate earlier on going Madrid 3-2 & Ronaldo to score, stick it on. Don't know the odds but absolutely gutted.

Author:   Praetorian_Lord
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 7:08pm (PST)
quote BBC
When asked if he had enjoyed the added responsibility, having been promoted from his role as the Under-18 academy coach in the summer, Bould said: "I am not sure I enjoyed it. I have got a headache and a half".
Lol

Author:   Toonami
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 7:54pm (PST)
quote Av3ry
What an ending that was! As soon as Manchester City made it 2-1 I knew it would end up 3-2 to Madrid seems to be the rule this season. Cracking last 20 minutes though.
Those last 25 minutes were the most entertaining football I've watched in agers!

Author:   Stu
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 12:41am (PST)
Hart is not overrated.

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 2:41am (PST)
Just thinking of the game from last night and Gibbs and Jenkinson have really stepped up this season, defensively and getting good offensively as well. Wondering if the Madrid-City game will spur on or deflate Man City for the game at the weekend, could be a cracker, although expecting whoever wins it to win 1-0.

Author:   Sex
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 3:30am (PST)
1-1, arsenal to get a late equalizer Modiga

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 3:32am (PST)
quote Sex
1-1, arsenal to get a late equalizer Modiga
Would take that but just hope we have a real go.

Anyway back to CL, Chelsea-Juventus game looks the more appealing to watch in terms of a contest and hoping it's not a defensive game.

Author:   Jooglewooga
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 3:35am (PST)
quote Bollo
Texted my mate earlier on going Madrid 3-2 & Ronaldo to score, stick it on. Don't know the odds but absolutely gutted.
Madrid 3-2 was 22/1. I don't know any odds with Ronaldo to score, though.

Author:   Chelsea Boi
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 5:04am (PST)
Cech
Azpilicueta - Cahill - Terry - Cole
Mikel - Lampard
Ramires - Mata - Hazard
Torres

I hope to see something like that. I reckon we should hand a debut to Azpilicueta as he'll provide a bit more width down that right hand side despite Ivanovic's great start. Stick Mata back into the side and have Hazard down the left instead of Bertrand as Hazard is a lot more creative and will take the full back on.

Not really that confident even though we're at home, I can't see us picking up the win tonight if I'm honest. In our last 2 games we've looked awful in defence and toothless in attack which isn't exactly encouraging.

Author:   Jess C
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 8:23am (PST)
quote Stu
Hart is not overrated.
Hart is overrated.

The problem with Joe Hart is that he's the first competent keeper England have had for a long time but he's being lauded as world class as a result. Hart is good, not great, and he's got a long way to go before he can be considered world class. It was embarassing listening to the ITV commentators and pundits calling him a 'great keeper' for stopping a shot Ronaldo should've buried, Higuain's header which hit him more than anything else, and doing everything in their power to exonerate him of any blame for his *bleep*-up on Ronaldo's goal. Yes the shot was awkward - awkward to CATCH, not awkward to stop. I can't help but think that had it been De Gea who'd let in a goal like that those same pundits would've slaughtered him.

Author:   Ox_Chambo
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 8:27am (PST)
The way I saw it Kompany should've headed the shot but ducked at the last second, that's why Hart didn't save it, shouted at him straight after as well.

Author:   D I O S
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
quote Jess C
quote Stu
Hart is not overrated.
Hart is overrated.

The problem with Joe Hart is that he's the first competent keeper England have had for a long time but he's being lauded as world class as a result. Hart is good, not great, and he's got a long way to go before he can be considered world class. It was embarassing listening to the ITV commentators and pundits calling him a 'great keeper' for stopping a shot Ronaldo should've buried, Higuain's header which hit him more than anything else, and doing everything in their power to exonerate him of any blame for his *bleep*-up on Ronaldo's goal. Yes the shot was awkward - awkward to CATCH, not awkward to stop. I can't help but think that had it been De Gea who'd let in a goal like that those same pundits would've slaughtered him.

If Hart is overrated cause ITV call him a great keeper then every single United player is overrated as well. Of course ITV overrate him, he was playing for an English team against a non-English team. Ultimately every player ever is overrated by some and underrated by others, I'd say right now you're underrating him as much as ITV overrated him.

Author:   Sweeney
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 8:42am (PST)
The goal was kompany's fault

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.