Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: UEFA Champions League - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/35/t1761190-uefa-champions-league/

Author:   D I O S
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:38am (PST)
Subject:   UEFA Champions League
-------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Din Zagreb v FC Porto 19:45
Paris SG v Dynamo Kiev 19:45
Montpellier v Arsenal 19:45
Olympiakos v Schalke 04 19:45
AC Milan v Anderlecht 19:45
Malaga v Zenit St P'sbg 19:45
Borussia Dortmund v Ajax 19:45
Real Madrid v Man City 19:45

Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Chelsea v Juventus 19:45
Shakhtar Donetsk v FC Nordsjaelland 19:45
Lille v BATE Borisov 19:45
Bayern Munich v Valencia 19:45
Celtic v Benfica 19:45
Barcelona v Spartak Moscow 19:45
Braga v CFR Cluj-Napoca 19:45
Man Utd v Galatasaray 19:45

The Champions League is back tonight with 32 teams battling it out to be crowned Champions of Europe. Mouth-watering ties all around, not least at the Bernabeu where the champions of Spain host the champions of England, neither side has started convincingly domestically and will be hoping this game can give them a kick-start. Even Arsenal fans might be watching this, and in fact Arsene almost might as well. Serving the first of a three game ban tonight as Arsenal travel to Montpellier, could Giroud be handed a start against his old club? And if so, will he still be wank?

Moving onto Wednesday Chelsea will start the defence of their title in one of the toughest ways possible, with the Old Lady standing in the way of the Pensioners. A certain Andrea Pirlo will be hoping to pull out another stunning performance against English opposition, although of course nothing is likelier to strike fear into the Chelsea back line than the possible inclusion of Nicklas *bleep*ing Bendtner. Celtic pretty much by default also appear in the group stages. A win surely vital at home to Benfica with Barcelona looming. Finally Man United will welcome Turkish Champions Galatasary to Old Trafford, with Fergie hoping for a much better performance than last years group stage exit.

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:42am (PST)
Subject:   re: UEFA Champions League
Really annoying that our game is at the same time as Man City's. Shall be watching Arsenal game whatever the case in the other game, expect it to not be easy for us tonight but hoping for a win. I guess a draw would not be too bad though.

Author:   11kgm
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:44am (PST)
I just hope we can hold a lead, play like we did at wigan but with RVP playing it could end nasty

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:49am (PST)
Wojciech hasn't travelled due to an ankle injury he obtained in the warm up Saturday.

Wenger said something interesting about Mannone though. Said that at the start of the season he was 5th choice (Wojciech, Fabianski, Martinez and Shea?) which is a bit much but then said he's established 2nd choice (Bye Flappyhandski) and pushing for the number 1 jersey.

Interesting one tonight, I fancy we could absolutely batter them but also reckon our players might shirk under the atmosphere. That said, they didn't in Stoke and didn't in Liverpool so who knows.

Author:   DeadLine
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:54am (PST)
Apparently Giroud (for Chamberlain) and Mannone are the only two coming in, would've thought Walcott, Santos and Koscielny might get starts but maybe not.

Think this may be the writing on the wall for Walcott.

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:02am (PST)
Well Wenger has pretty much said he can't use Walcott as much unless he signs a new contract, which is fair enough really. £75k a week is more than he deserves in my opinion and I don't know about you guys, but he seems to not fit into the side these days anyway, haven't really been crying for him so far.

Author:   Red Devil 4 Life
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:07am (PST)
quote Modiga
Well Wenger has pretty much said he can't use Walcott as much unless he signs a new contract, which is fair enough really. £75k a week is more than he deserves in my opinion and I don't know about you guys, but he seems to not fit into the side these days anyway, haven't really been crying for him so far.
He's on 75k a week?!

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:08am (PST)
Not at the moment Red Devil 4 Life but that's the rumoured amount that he's rejected.

Author:   Mr Apples
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:16am (PST)
*bleep*s sake, wanted to watch both games

Might just watch City/Madrid because it looks too good to miss on paper, saying that it'll probably be a boring 0-0.

Would have gone with this team:

Mannone
Jenkinson Vermaelen Koscielny Santos
Coquelin
Arteta Cazorla
Walcott Giroud Podolski

Take off Cazorla, Podolski and Arteta at some point if things are going well to rest them for the weekend. Walcott can leave in January but we might as well utilize him while we still have him.

Author:   Red Devil 4 Life
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:23am (PST)
Surprised you offered him that much. Even more surprised he thinks he deserves more.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:24am (PST)
Why would you watch City/Madrid over our game?

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:25am (PST)
Why not leave big Mert in the team, he's bossed it so far this season and he was mega against Liverpool

Author:   Mr Apples
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:30am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith
Why would you watch City/Madrid over our game?
It's on tv and I wanna watch it with my dad

I'll still end up watching both, just wont watch ours live.

I'd keep Per in the side generally, just don't think Koscielny deserves to stay on the bench for every game.

Author:   g_lfc
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:30am (PST)
Never mind Arsenal or City, I'm having trouble between the two in group D. I wanna watch them both, every week. I think I've decided I'm going to watch all 6 City games. I really don't know.

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 7:07am (PST)
quote MRapples
It's on tv and I wanna watch it with my dad

I'll still end up watching both, just wont watch ours live.
I can't fathom this mentality.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.