Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Manager Sack Race & News - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/35/t1739344-manager-sack-race-news/

Author:   D I O S
Date:   Jun 12, 12 at 12:05pm (PST)
Subject:   Manager Sack Race & News
-------------------------------------------
Rumours abound of Redknapp leaving.

quote Star of Spurs
They've had talks today.

Not surprised if true. Redknapp and Levy have very different ideas on who to get - Redknapp obviously prefers the English tried and tested, Levy prefers the younger more exotic. Levy's always had a bit of a problem with Redknapp's constant media darling status (as does everyone, apart from Harry obviously).

That said, would be pretty upset that stability is gone. Changed my mind about Moyes to thinking now he's probably the outstanding candidate. Would much prefer the best manager in my lifetime to stay on, but can't see that happening now.

Author:   Star of Spurs
Date:   Jun 12, 12 at 12:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Manager Sack Race & News
Or not ahaha

Author:   Dannyido
Date:   Jun 12, 12 at 12:08pm (PST)
will be both very happy and upset if he leaves, sort of thanks for everything you've done, which is a hell of a lot, but we need someone else from here; taken us as far as he can pretty much, exceeded his ability as a manager. legend though and harry haters can suck themselves through a drainpipe

hope he finds himself a good job if/when he leaves us, could replace adkins tbh Stu

no fancy arse flash in the pan foreigners though please dahnyul

will be waiting for something more credible than talksport though, like match magazine

edit: oh seen lol

Author:   Jake
Date:   Jun 12, 12 at 12:14pm (PST)
Will be surprised if he signs a new deal any longer than 2014 tbh.                   

Author:   Suarez
Date:   Jun 12, 12 at 2:14pm (PST)
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7809628/?

Laudrup set to be Swansea manager

Then again i'm pretty sure sky sports have said two or three people were confirmed a week ago.

Author:   CWCA
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 9:17am (PST)
Di Matteo signs on a 2 year deal.

Good appointment, glad we haven't given him a long contract too, won't need to pay out a large compensation fee if it doesn't work out.

Author:   Styot
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 9:30am (PST)
quote CWCA
won't need to pay out a large compensation fee if it doesn't work out.
Lets be honest with Roman in charge it's when not if.

Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 9:36am (PST)
Less of that please, trying to be optimistic over here.

Author:   tidus04
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 9:41am (PST)
quote CWCA
Same, but to be honest whatever he achieves next season unless its the Premiership or Champions League trophy (again) and Pepe Guardiola (or another high profile) is available I can only see Roman doing whatever he can to replace him. However I'd hope this could be the final change for a while and we give him at least the two years of his contract to establish his plans and see how it goes.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
quote tidus04
quote CWCA
Same, but to be honest whatever he achieves next season unless its the Premiership or Champions League trophy (again) and Pepe Guardiola (or another high profile) is available I can only see Roman doing whatever he can to replace him. However I'd hope this could be the final change for a while and we give him at least the two years of his contract to establish his plans and see how it goes.
If you didn't win either of those and Guardiola said he was interested, you wouldn't hesitate flogging Di Matteo.

Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 9:45am (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
If you didn't win either of those and Guardiola said he was interested, you wouldn't hesitate flogging Di Matteo.
You'll find it odd to hear but I don't want Guardiola, during this search for our next manager I've never wanted him and my feelings are still very much the same regardless to how well Robbie does or doesn't do.

Roman however would snap him up instantly.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 9:56am (PST)
quote tidus04
quote Liverpool_96
You'll find it odd to hear but I don't want Guardiola, during this search for our next manager I've never wanted him and my feelings are still very much the same regardless to how well Robbie does or doesn't do.

Roman however would snap him up instantly.
I'm surprised, so you'd be happy to scrape 4th and keep Di Matteo?

Author:   Mycon
Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 10:00am (PST)
Deserves the job after winning the Champions' League but you look back to Liverpool with Dalglish or teams that have brought in an interim manager to survive relegation, the problems come the next season when you're not operating on the good feeling of a new manager and the teams need clear changes.

Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 10:04am (PST)
In other news, Tito Vilanova's signed a 2 year deal with Barcelona to become their manager, looks like Guardiola won't go straight back to them after his 1 year out after all.

Date:   Jun 13, 12 at 10:19am (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
I'm surprised, so you'd be happy to scrape 4th and keep Di Matteo?
To answer your question, I'd be happy with a third or fourth place (not scrape 4th spot) finish this season due to the money spent (but that doesn't guarantee you victory) and now with Di Matteo in charge I feel he can achieve this as the system won't get too dramatically changed which was AVB's downfall. Last season I wanted a top six finish but that was only under the view we would develop our youth and allow them time on the field and give AVB two season minimum to apply his new style to the club and sign the players he wished to help him achieve this and then build on that.

And yes, 3rd or 4th spot finish for me means keeping Di Matteo, scrape or not.

Though I'm surprised with your response after all no one believe Di Matteo would win the Champions League this season with us, he was just employed to try and save the season and get fourth spot if lucky. Under what basis do you believe he can't achieve a top two spot with what he's already achieved with us and what makes you think Guardiola will guarantee a top two finish though you know he is going to need time to apply his system which he played at Barcelona. He has honours with them yes, it doesn't mean he's a wizard and can do that same wherever he is.

quote Mycon
the problems come the next season when you're not operating on the good feeling of a new manager and the teams need clear changes
Indeed, that could become a problem as with the signings changes will need to be enforced but from what's seen he has a good relationship with the majority of players so hopefully that will play a part and it works out, as long as he has a good control of the squad it shouldn't be an issue.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.