Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Champions League Final: Bayern Munich vs Chelsea - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/35/t1734922-champions-league-final-bayern-munich-vs-chelsea/

Author:   D I O S
Date:   May 18, 12 at 5:36pm (PST)
Subject:   Champions League Final: Bayern Munich vs Chelsea
-------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Final
Saturday 19th May 2012
Allianz Arena
19:45
ITV and Sky Sports

This game will end with a first. The first time a team will win the Champions League at their home ground, or Chelsea's first win of the biggest prize in club football.

Both teams have had somewhat disappointing years, Bayern Munich have come runner up to both League and Cup in Germany. Equally, Chelsea despite their FA Cup victory finished in a record low position under Abramovich and require a win here to qualify for the Champions League next year.

Victory for Bayern would see them reach third in the all time winners list joint with Liverpool on 5 wins. Meanwhile, Chelsea finally winning Roman's Holy Grail could give Roberto Di Matteo the manager's job full time.

In terms of personnel both teams are missing players. Luiz Gustavo, Holger Badstuber and David Alaba are unavailable for the Germans. With John Terry, Ramires, Raul Meireles and Branislav Ivanovic suspended for the Blues, though they are boosted by the possible return of both Gary Cahill and David Luiz.

The last time a German and English team faced each other in a Champions League Final there was a barnstorming finish, could similar dramatic events unfold here?

Author:   Chad
Date:   May 18, 12 at 9:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Champions League Final: Bayern Munich vs Chelsea
I'm very much looking forward to this game, haha. Haven't really kept up with Bayern Munich's matches in the Bundesliga (caught maybe two of them, one was against Leverkusen and the other I don't even remember, maybe M'Gladbach), but have watched a fair amount of Chelsea's premier league games (granted, the line-up in this one will probably be much different from the ones I'm used to seeing what with so many key players not being available for it). Really not sure who will win, but I'm hoping Chelsea will continue their miracle run. Certainly interesting that if they don't win in the championship match, they won't even qualify for it next year, haha. Maybe that'll give them a little extra motivation, as if they didn't already have enough.

Author:   Cashis
Date:   May 18, 12 at 10:27pm (PST)
Not bothered who wins, just hoping for a good match. On paper Bayern should probably win but it seems to be written in the stars that Chelsea are going to win.

Author:   Mycon
Date:   May 18, 12 at 11:20pm (PST)
I think it will be a draw with Bayern winning on extra-time or penalties. Not many give Chelsea a chance but Bayern have had problems too domestically and they will also miss the players that they have out of the final. Apparently they will play Muller instead of Gustavo, in which case there should be space for Mata to exploit. Drogba should also have a good game without Badstuber. But Bayern's ball retention and more direct approach than Barcelona mean that their quality should eventually come through.

Author:   Dannyido
Date:   May 19, 12 at 12:41am (PST)
COME ON YOU BAVARIANS

Author:   ToonUltra
Date:   May 19, 12 at 12:49am (PST)
I would be bothered about who wins this if we had finished 4th. Go Chelsea.

Author:   Star of Spurs
Date:   May 19, 12 at 2:04am (PST)
Chelsea are going to win. It's almost inevitable.

Author:   Dan_bug
Date:   May 19, 12 at 2:25am (PST)
Hoping for an entertaining game.

Sieg heil Bayern.

Author:   Modiga
Date:   May 19, 12 at 2:25am (PST)
Don't really mind what the outcome is. If Chelsea win then it's probably good for english football and also Spurs get knocked out (although not really bothered about this, almost like the thought of both North London clubs battling out in all competitions). If they lose then they won't be in the comp next season which Abramovich won't be a big fan of and hopefully won't have as big an influence in the transfer market (probably will still though).

Author:   SC_adept
Date:   May 19, 12 at 3:45am (PST)
Would like to see Chelsea win... but I won't be seeing anything because I'll be missing this one :/

Rekon Bayern will take it though. Ramires, Meireles and Ivanovic were so important against Barca.

Author:   Mr Apples
Date:   May 19, 12 at 4:40am (PST)
Want Bayern to win just so we're not the only one out of the 'big' teams who haven't won it.

Plus, a two-legged north London derby would be epic.

Author:   RizzyJay
Date:   May 19, 12 at 5:01am (PST)
Cech
Bosingwa-Cahill-Luiz-Cole
Lampard-Mikel-Essien
Kalou-Drogba-Mata

Kinda hoping to see. Come on Chelsea! Nervous as *bleep*. >_<

Author:   KillaAshley
Date:   May 19, 12 at 5:03am (PST)
quote RizzyJay
Cech
Bosingwa-Cahill-Luiz-Cole
Lampard-Mikel-Essien
Kalou-Drogba-Mata

Kinda hoping to see. Come on Chelsea! Nervous as *bleep*. >_<
I very much agree.

Author:   Ox_Chambo
Date:   May 19, 12 at 5:24am (PST)
I heard that Bertrand might start in Midfield !!!!!!!

Author:   KillaAshley
Date:   May 19, 12 at 5:27am (PST)
quote Ox_Chambo
I heard that Bertrand might start in Midfield !!!!!!!
I heard that Bertrand might start aswell.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.