Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Forum Rules & RFS - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34783/t1040088-forum-rules-rfs/12.htm

Author:   Lil YoshiXD
Date:   Mar 14, 08 at 7:26pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Forum Rules & RFS
-------------------------------------------
also for the guess digi thread i got yimeracs clue of greymon not werejackal. yimerac made a mistake.

Author:   mettaur
Date:   Mar 15, 08 at 4:34pm (PST)
Okay here's the deal. I decided not to reprimand anyone of their wins. For the 33rd digimon, yoshi got it in page 3 first. Seems like yimyeric missed it when checking. The 35th digimon is yoshi's and we'll leave it at that. Once the thread is open, feel free to post the next clue, yoshi.

New rules:
1. Whoever wants to take the next round, he/she HAS to PM me and WAIT for me to reply back to say it's okay. I check neo every day, so it's guaranteed that I'll reply within 24 hours.
2. The winner of the current round has the right to make clues for the next round. The above rule still holds though. Should s/he gives up the spot, it's anyone's game. The first to PM me gets to make the clues.
3. You can only guess once every 5 minutes now. This'll prevent some people to monopolize the thread by guessing rapidly in turns, and provide others the chance to take a guess.
4. When the thread gets to 29-30 pages, stop guessing. I'll close the thread and make a new one. There's a 30-page limit in neoseeker in case you guys didn't know.
5. Other forum rules still apply, i.e. no flaming, spamming, etc.

I also set up a little guide for making clues as follows, to prevent arguments over clues:
1. Make your clues understandable. Refrain from using 1 or 2-word clues unless those words are specific to the digimon.
2. Do your research before posting your clues. Sites like wikimon (wikipedia's extension for digimon) and withthewill.net are big helps.
3. Digimon can be repeated. Don't use the old clues though.
4. The digimon roster is now restricted to the DS games only: Digimon World DS and Digimon World Dawn/Dusk.
5. Your clues must decrease in difficulty. This means the first clue must be the most vague out of the 5, while the 5th clue should clearly indicate the digimon in question.
6. It's a good idea to have clues that indicate traits of the digimon in question. Like how Boltmon wields an axe (clue would be "An axe is stronger than 1000 spears!"), and Machinedramon has two big cannons (clue would be "Charge your lazorssss!!").

And that's all. I'll leave this here for a day or so before re-opening the game thread to give you guys, the regulars, a chance to read this. I'm also still open to suggestions.

This message was edited by mettaur_15 on Mar 17 2008.

Author:   WereJackal
Date:   Mar 16, 08 at 2:08am (PST)
eh those revised rules looks good, i cant wait till the game open again. just 1 more question, what about clues like this

quote MachGaogamon
quote WereJackal
i dun see why boom is related to bantyoleomon? can u explain plz?
He was smashing up some mechincal digimon from the savers and they blew up instantly

he refered to the anime, not just the anime, he refered to a specific scene that maybe not everyone have seen it. is this ok or not good?

and theres this one here:

quote timson622222
1. Why does everyone keep hating my final form?!
This message was edited by timson622222 on Mar 08 2008.

explanation:
1. Dianamon's discussion has been held a few days ago. The conclusion was Dianamon is inferior to Lilithmon.
with this, not everyone read everything in the board, some of us just come here to guess. so do we have to know whats going on in this board to be able to guess correctly?

This message was edited by WereJackal on Mar 15 2008.

Author:   Zaraze
Date:   Mar 16, 08 at 8:32am (PST)
quote mettaur_15
Okay here's the deal. I decided not to reprimand anyone of their wins. For the 33rd digimon, yoshi got it in page 3 first. Seems like yimyeric missed it when checking. The 35th digimon is yoshi's and we'll leave it at that. Once the thread is open, feel free to post the next clue, yoshi.

New rules:
1. Whoever wants to take the next round, he/she HAS to PM me and WAIT for me to reply back to say it's okay. I check neo every day, so it's guaranteed that I'll reply within 24 hours.
2. The winner of the current round has the right to make clues for the next round. The above rule still holds though. Should s/he gives up the spot, it's anyone's game. The first to PM me gets to make the clues.
3. You can only guess once every 5 minutes now. This'll prevent some people to monopolize the thread by guessing rapidly in turns, and provide others the chance to take a guess.
4. When the thread gets to 29-30 pages, stop guessing. I'll close the thread and make a new one. There's a 30-page limit in neoseeker in case you guys didn't know.
5. Other forum rules still apply, i.e. no flaming, spamming, etc.

I also set up a little guide for making clues as follows, to prevent arguments over clues:
1. Make your clues understandable. Refrain from using 1 or 2-word clues unless those words are specific to the digimon.
2. Do your research before posting your clues. Sites like wikimon (wikipedia's extension for digimon) and withthewill.net are big helps.
3. Digimon can be repeated. Don't use the old clues though.
4. The digimon roster is now restricted to the DS games only: Digimon World DS and Digimon World Dawn/Dusk.
5. Your clues must decrease in difficulty. This means the first clue must be the most vague out of the 5, while the 5th clue should clearly indicate the digimon in question.

And that's all. I'll leave this here for a day or so before re-opening the game thread to give you guys, the regulars, a chance to read this. I'm also still open to suggestions.

This message was edited by mettaur_15 on Mar 15 2008.
6. Your clues should have be factual and the information attainable in-game (Or possibly from DigiWiki).

Opinion?

Date:   Mar 16, 08 at 10:55am (PST)
it doesnt have to be an in game information, that would be too limited. as long as its general knowledge i guess its fine.

Author:   Zaraze
Date:   Mar 16, 08 at 11:01am (PST)
quote WereJackal
it doesnt have to be an in game information, that would be too limited. as long as its general knowledge i guess its fine.
the problem with tha is what's general knowledge? Half the argument about the clues was people citing stuff from the Anime & Manga, and apart from them the only source of info would be the Digimon backstories (That are even more limited) and sites like DigiWiki.

Date:   Mar 16, 08 at 3:14pm (PST)
check on the past clues. look at the clues that mett made for digimon number 1-6 or 7, thats what general knowledge is.

Date:   Mar 16, 08 at 7:56pm (PST)
here is another suggestion in game digi's only. i mean who has heard of tigervespamon. i'll admit i started out of game digi's with agunimon. but tigervespamon come on. lets only use in game digi's.

Author:   HiKaRi
Date:   Mar 17, 08 at 4:36am (PST)
quote lil yoshiXD
here is another suggestion in game digi's only. i mean who has heard of tigervespamon. i'll admit i started out of game digi's with agunimon. but tigervespamon come on. lets only use in game digi's.
I told you, I only picked TigerVespamon to prove a point. It was your fault for picking Agnimon. Your suggestion has already been taken to heart. Read the new rules.

Date:   Mar 17, 08 at 9:56am (PST)
oh yeh, since theres a 5 min time limit before posting, can u double post or u still cant double post?

Date:   Mar 17, 08 at 7:46pm (PST)
quote Hi Ka Ri
quote lil yoshiXD
I told you, I only picked TigerVespamon to prove a point. It was your fault for picking Agnimon. Your suggestion has already been taken to heart. Read the new rules.
srry didn't see that there.

Date:   Mar 18, 08 at 4:20am (PST)
Zaraze >> I've added another item to the clue-making guideline, which should make it easier to understand "general knowledge".
    "6. It's a good idea to have clues that indicate traits of the digimon in question. Like how Boltmon wields an axe (clue would be "An axe is stronger than 1000 spears!"), and Machinedramon has two big cannons (clue would be "Charge your lazorssss!!")."
WJ >> No, still no double post rule of course XD.

Alright, I think it's been long enough since I posted the additional rules. I'm re-opening the game again now .

Author:   andyxowner
Date:   Mar 26, 08 at 6:45pm (PST)
woohoo you used my 5 minute suggestion
goodjob on making the clue guide

Date:   Mar 28, 08 at 12:23am (PST)
quick question is it only playable digimon or non playable 2 like grimmon?

Date:   Mar 28, 08 at 2:25am (PST)
Thanks andy

quote lil yoshiXD
quick question is it only playable digimon or non playable 2 like grimmon?
Any digi in DWDS and Dawn/Dusk. Playable and non-playable .

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.