Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Forum Rules & RFS - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34783/t1040088-forum-rules-rfs/10.htm

Author:   Lil YoshiXD
Date:   Feb 23, 08 at 1:59am (PST)
Subject:   re: Forum Rules & RFS
-------------------------------------------
just got 2 say even if it's off topic i love the dog. also nice rules.

Author:   Alphamon
Date:   Mar 04, 08 at 4:31am (PST)

quote mettaur_15
I'm all for it. Go ahead and make the thread. I'm not sure how many people will actually help out with the paths though, since it takes around a good 30 minutes to work out a path, usually.

[/b]Some People already seen this but the new Dna-Slide Request Thread is Made, and ill be the Helper. Well kyou ppl finally found someone =P Lol[b]

and plus it doesnt take 30 minutes for meh mostly just 10 minutes

Author:   Lil YoshiXD
Date:   Mar 04, 08 at 8:23pm (PST)
it depend on the slide also lol at the bold attmept.

Author:   andyxowner
Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 1:38am (PST)
If you closed the guess digimon thread because of spamming you should make a rule that you have to wait at least 5 minutes to post everytime.

Author:   WereJackal
Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 2:02am (PST)
regarding guess whos that digimon thread

1. since this is a digimon world dawn board, we should only pick a digimon that is in the digimon world dawn and dusk game, not some random digimon outside of it

2. i dun really know if spams is the problem, because with that kind of clues, no one can really get it without spamming it

3. clues should be general knowledge only, not subjective, not ppl's opinion and doesnt refer to something that only the makers know. shoulda make clues that everyone knows

4. clues shouldnt be a question, it should be a statement. for example from the latest clue,

I use a water-technique, but that doesn't mean I'm an Aquan Digimon! I may be or may be not!

it should be something along the lines of: im not aquan but i use an aquan moves

btw do u think spamming is the problem? if thats the reason u closed the topic, i might come up with an idea on how to prevent it.

Author:   timson622222
Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 3:18am (PST)
I think it's all my fault that that thread is closed. I shouldn't have argued.

Author:   Zaraze
Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 7:35am (PST)
quote WereJackal
regarding guess whos that digimon thread

1. since this is a digimon world dawn board, we should only pick a digimon that is in the digimon world dawn and dusk game, not some random digimon outside of it.
Full agreement. There's what 130-190 Digimon or so in Dawn/Dusk but 881 total Digimon if you include all other games, anime, manga, card game and teh Digimon backstoryies and data books.

2. i dun really know if spams is the problem, because with that kind of clues, no one can really get it without spamming it
Limit guessing to once per 30 mins or once per hours, imo would slow the wave of posts.

3. clues should be general knowledge only, not subjective, not ppl's opinion and doesnt refer to something that only the makers know. shoulda make clues that everyone knows
Agreed to some degree but I think it should be that the clues have to referance to information obtaianble in Dawn/Dusk, not using teh Anime, Manga, Data books or any other source (Even if they're factual).

4. clues shouldnt be a question, it should be a statement. for example from the latest clue,

I use a water-technique, but that doesn't mean I'm an Aquan Digimon! I may be or may be not!

it should be something along the lines of: im not aquan but i use an aquan moves
I thought that they were called Water moves? Holy Digimon have an affinity for Light moves, Aquan with Water, ect or maybe it's just the Jap guides I'm getting cofnused with. But yeah questions should be a statement.

btw do u think spamming is the problem? if thats the reason u closed the topic, i might come up with an idea on how to prevent it.
Until the argument about the clues there was no spam. Most of the pages in the end were guesses, but whether the problem is the mass number of guesses, or the spam arguments everyone had the problem all goes back to the clues, which was teh start of the whole issue.

Comments in bold.

Author:   HiKaRi
Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 8:29am (PST)
So as has already been said, the Digimon chosen for the guessing game should be limited to in-game, since this is a Dawn board. I picked TigerVespamon in my last set of clues as an example why it should be limited. My clues made sense, but noone was going to figure it out until I mentioned the X-Antibody.

If the fact that 30 pages is taken up almost in a day now, just impose a minimum time between guesses, like in the hurt/heal thread (which by the way shouldn't have a revive option, but that's another topic for another time)

Clues should NOT be illogical. I think "boom" and "*breathes*" are good examples of what a clue shouldn't be. Yoshi can't even prove how anyone hates Valdurmon, because Valdurmon never destroyed a village in the anime because Valdurmon was never in the anime. Clues should be things that make sense, and are game-related to make sense with the in-game Digimon.

Author:   WereJackal
Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 9:59am (PST)
making time interval between guesses is annoying, u have to count how many minutes since uve last posted. some ppl also cheat, its not the time yet, but they alrdy post. ive seen some of this in the hurt/heal digimon thread.

i dun think spamming is the problem here, am i right mett? i think its becoz ppl started to post annoying clues that leads to argument.

quote Zaraze
I thought that they were called Water moves? Holy Digimon have an affinity for Light moves, Aquan with Water, ect or maybe it's just the Jap guides I'm getting cofnused with. But yeah questions should be a statement.
yes they r called water moves, i was just replacing water with aquan to kinda hide it, because, obvious clues is kinda lame too, but i didnt really think of a good word to hide it, it was just an example

Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 11:54am (PST)
Oh okay, didn't catch that when I read it XD

Just wonder but is the tier list thread ever going to be revived/re-done?

Author:   HiKaRi
Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 2:47pm (PST)
quote Zaraze

Just get Jackal to write a tier list. He's pro enough to be able to do it all by his lonesome "godlike" self.

Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 3:58pm (PST)
quote Hi Ka Ri
quote Zaraze

Just get Jackal to write a tier list. He's pro enough to be able to do it all by his lonesome "godlike" self.
That should be sigged XD

Author:   mettaur
Date:   Mar 10, 08 at 7:46pm (PST)
It's not so much the spams as it was all of the arguments that went on not only in the game threads, but in a few other threads as well. But the peak was really in the Guess game thread.

I've banned Yoshi for 3 days, effective yesterday for starting arguments in quite a few of threads over the past couple of weeks. I've simply deleted the argumentative posts from all sides, but I'm quite fed up with it, to be honest. (To Yoshi: Don't take this personally. I'm sure you understand my reasoning from your ban explanation)

Just know guys, I won't hesitate to hand out bans if I feel that it's needed to keep the forum well. See this as an advice rather than a threat, by the way. I hate to hand out bans, especially to a tight-knit community like ours. But what has to be done, has to be done.

Regarding the Who's That Digimon game thread, I'll sort out the last 2 or so digimon to see what's legit and what's not. They may or may not be nullified. I'll also review all of the digimon clues. Depending on what I see, I'll probably set restrictions on what kind of clues can be given as suggested a few posts above by WJ.

There's also the matter of following rules for the game. A few of you who make clues don't send me PM whenever you update clues. Some of you don't even edit your old post - making a new post with added clues (i.e. timson). I'll set strict rules about these as well.

As far as the tier list goes, I'm open to suggestions.

Give me a few days to sort these out guys as I'm really busy with school these days and there's something big happening in my other forums. Bare with me for now. Thanks.

Date:   Mar 11, 08 at 8:11am (PST)
quote mettaur_15
Should probally be redone but in the style of the Pokemon tier list, if more oriented to usefulness as opposed to popularity.

Author:   Kenshuma
Date:   Mar 11, 08 at 5:41pm (PST)
quote Zaraze
quote mettaur_15
Should probally be redone but in the style of the Pokemon tier list, if more oriented to usefulness as opposed to popularity.
If we had done it like pokemon we'd have an Urber tier. There isn't really a digimon who's considered to be Urber.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.