Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Over-steer - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34756/t1811794-over-steer/

Author:   sameenbot2997
Date:   Dec 31, 12 at 1:55pm (PST)
Subject:   Over-steer
-------------------------------------------
I tuned a Lamborghini Murcielago SV to the max and it has HUGE over-steer. This isn't even the only car, my tuned M3 over-steers, my tuned Gallardo over-steers and it's not only tuned cars. My Maserati GranTurismo S over-steers and I didn't even tune it, my BMW Z4 over-steers, again not tuned. WHY?! What have I done wrong. I tried buying a new M3 and didn't tune it, but it STILL over-steers.

Author:   ibewhipped
Date:   Dec 31, 12 at 8:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Over-steer
sameenbot2997
You can upgrade the hell out of a car. The trick is fine tuning it.

Look at the request thread for advice.

Author:   overthetop2
Date:   Dec 31, 12 at 9:51pm (PST)
quote sameenbot2997
I tuned a Lamborghini Murcielago SV to the max and it has HUGE over-steer. This isn't even the only car, my tuned M3 over-steers, my tuned Gallardo over-steers and it's not only tuned cars. My Maserati GranTurismo S over-steers and I didn't even tune it, my BMW Z4 over-steers, again not tuned. WHY?! What have I done wrong. I tried buying a new M3 and didn't tune it, but it STILL over-steers.
Rear wheel drive cars will over-steer no matter what you do, the trick is to drive them in such a way as to either minimize this over-steer or use it to your advantage.

If you find that your 4WD car is oversteering, try altering the torque distribution (if available) so that more power goes to the front wheels.

Traction control can also help if you don't have it turned on already, just don't rely on it to save the car if you decide to floor it out of a turn whilst still turning.

Date:   Dec 31, 12 at 10:03pm (PST)
overthetop2

I didn't know anyone used TCS anymore?

Date:   Dec 31, 12 at 10:11pm (PST)
quote ibewhipped
overthetop2

Only a fool would dare try to drive a 900hp monster without at least some sort of aid that stops the car from punting off every time you try to accelerate. Especially when your throttle is the X button and not an actual pedal.

Author:   unclebobert87
Date:   Dec 31, 12 at 11:29pm (PST)
quote overthetop2
quote ibewhipped
overthetop2

Only a fool would dare try to drive a 900hp monster without at least some sort of aid that stops the car from punting off every time you try to accelerate. Especially when your throttle is the X button and not an actual pedal.
The only assist i ever use in GT5 is ABS at 1. That includes cars like the FGT and Minolta. Yes, i use a DS3 (controller)

Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 12:26am (PST)
quote unclebobert87
quote overthetop2
quote ibewhipped
overthetop2

The only assist i ever use in GT5 is ABS at 1. That includes cars like the FGT and Minolta. Yes, i use a DS3 (controller)
quote J917
But he's bob, he could take an X2011 on a rally track and not crash
^What J917 said...

Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 3:01am (PST)
Erm

quote overthetop2
quote sameenbot2997
Rear wheel drive cars will over-steer no matter what you do, the trick is to drive them in such a way as to either minimize this over-steer or use it to your advantage.

If you find that your 4WD car is oversteering, try altering the torque distribution (if available) so that more power goes to the front wheels.

Traction control can also help if you don't have it turned on already, just don't rely on it to save the car if you decide to floor it out of a turn whilst still turning.
And what sort of way should I drive it?

Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 4:33am (PST)
quote sameenbot2997
Erm

quote overthetop2
quote sameenbot2997

You need to feather the throttle; if it starts to oversteer, step off the gas. Eventually you'll learn to alternate between being on and off the gas through turns to keep oversteer to a controllable level whilst still going fast. Only ever floor it once you're going straight again.

Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 5:23am (PST)
quote unclebobert87
quote overthetop2
quote ibewhipped
overthetop2

Same here. I've also been known to be one of a few to beat/stay with Bob to.

Date:   Jan 01, 13 at 7:52am (PST)
quote overthetop2
quote sameenbot2997
Erm

quote overthetop2
quote sameenbot2997

You need to feather the throttle; if it starts to oversteer, step off the gas. Eventually you'll learn to alternate between being on and off the gas through turns to keep oversteer to a controllable level whilst still going fast. Only ever floor it once you're going straight again.
Thanks, that helped loads. Do you know if we can change the start from a rolling one to grid in the game?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.