Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The fight to end it all...ALATREON - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1687624-fight-to-end-all-alatreon/2.htm

Author:   Phlogiston
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 6:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The fight to end it all...ALATREON
-------------------------------------------
quote Phlogiston
I actually haven't tried my hand at it for a while, since it hasn't been up at a time when there isn't a better quest to do.
Oh, what did I say. It's on right now, and there's WGFTT and HR jhen at the same time. Amazing. The planets have aligned to prove my point.

Author:   WooperOnALedge
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 7:28pm (PST)
Well I never had any reason to hunt 40 rathalos! More like 40 rathian... Stupid Ian rubies... Ian was so stingy in giving me my first one...

Author:   RockofKuthian
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 7:03am (PST)
Dude make an account these triple posts are getting annoying.
Double blos arena quest is definitely the hardest quest. The part that makes it the hardest is that you have to capture both of them.
Divine exodus is not a good weapon. It's more of a weapon you like to look good in. When u help noobs and are fighting a low rank Ian. Only time I'd ever use it.
Yes yes before my time. Stupid hackers trying to show off had to bump this thread. I proclaim this thread a zombie thread. Came back from the dead

Author:   Its_my_time24
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 1:13pm (PST)
Yo Phlogiston:

1. Dude, i was hr 50. I didnt know/care about all that shit. AND why not check the dates of post sometime? Their there for a reason, that goes for anyone who doesnt already know.

2. Is it not the last urgent? I didnt specify at what the quest ends. I could have meant the fight to end all the urgents. And again, you talk big, lets so you hunt. Quit hiding behind this computer/laptop, come on.

3. Nice triple post

Yea, i could be a dick sometimes

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 3:05pm (PST)
personally i prefer to look cool than to hunt 100% efficient. i would use exodus, jus for fun. does it really matter how long a quest takes if we having fun? i say no. i play this game bc its awesome AND bc i enjoy it. hence my dream set isnt extremely great if u compare it to other sets, but im still planning to use it a lot bc i think its awesome

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 4:39pm (PST)
I agree, its all about the fun. Having OP sets and using them can be fun, but nothings as fun as getting chakra armor w/evade, iron sword+ and hunting Alatreon. You wont win 80% of the time but its hilarious and fun. Before 3rd death, abandon, simple as that. I even hunt lr rathians with my worn hammer when no ones on sometimes.

Im pretty sure the most awesome looking full set HAS to be the female UUUUUUURRAAAAAGAAAAAAN gunner. It looks like that Gundam (forgot which one)

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 5:12pm (PST)
Lol. I always thought the shades, hellhunter, black leather pants looked cool, even tho it had a small amount of defense. Fun to help noobs wit

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 6:59am (PST)
Yeah, fem ura gunner is incredible... would you mind enlightening my as to why you say UUUUUUUURRAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAN?

Divine Exodus is just so bad it's not fun. Hate isn't much better, but I like the sfx.

What does an account have to do with triple posts? When I do (accidentally) triple post, Dark Arcanine usually merges them into a single, albeit unreadable, one... I suppose I get your point. Why is there such a taboo on triple posting, anyway?

Tell you what - I might make an account when I post my fanfic, for purely practical reasons. How's that sound.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 7:09am (PST)
Here's the double post.

Wooper, to me, efficient is fun. If a quest takes too long, there's not much "fun" involved. Also, I'm on a time per day limit - something like an hour, so I rarely use junk weapons or help noobs. When I get the stuff I need for the day, I simply go use my alt.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 7:26am (PST)
And here's the triple post :

quote Its_my_time24
Yo Phlogiston:

1. Dude, i was hr 50. I didnt know/care about all that shit.

My philosophy is that it's better to be well-informed than to be a high, mighty and elitist idiot. I knew about most monsters' weaknesses and habits before I got to them (thanks to the wiki), and it proved invaluable with ala, since otherwise I may have been using a dragon weapon along with all the other noobs. No, it's not cheating - it's called being wise. Going into a fight unprepared is the norm around here - you'd be surprised how many people do it and don't even care. Or maybe not.

Author:   wildfire
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 8:27am (PST)
quote Phlogiston
No, it's not cheating - it's called being wise. Going into a fight unprepared is the norm around here - you'd be surprised how many people do it and don't even care. Or maybe not.
why didn't capcom invest hours into a tutorial, and leave you blind as to how to defeat a monster? It's supposed to be this way. I tried for days to defeat the barroth when I first started playing, and I was a first class noob. I had full jaggi armor, and a the jaggi's SnS. I ran out of time the first quest, and realized I needed a much stronger weapon, so I choose the chieftains great sword. Not the best choice of weapon, but I got so good at fighting barroth it, I was beating him within the same amount of time every time. I managed to master the great sword too, so early on .

I prefer to play through a game without foreknowledge, and monster hunter shines all the brighter that way because each new monster you encounter is different in so many ways, and you're challenged to find openings and weaknesses. The boss fights in this series is probably the best way to do a boss fight, I just don't like those bosses in other games that go through a predetermined sequence because it's too easy to figure it out. I could on and on, but I'll stop it here.

WooperOnALedge
I'd be happy to help you beat your first alatreon (my connection isn't too great at the moment)(Its_my_time24 you in this too?), so let's head over to the coordinator to iron out the details.

Its_my_time24
this has been a while (where was I, at this time?) only kholdstare responded to the OP....

Author:   RockofKuthian
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 3:17pm (PST)
quote Phlogiston
What does an account have to do with triple posts? When I do (accidentally) triple post, Dark Arcanine usually merges them into a single, albeit unreadable, one... I suppose I get your point. Why is there such a taboo on triple posting, anyway?

Tell you what - I might make an account when I post my fanfic, for purely practical reasons. How's that sound.
When you make an account you can Edit your posts... so you won't have to make a new post everytime.
WooperOnALedge
I wish I could help. But still haven't found my game. I kinda gave up to the idea that aliens took it.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 4:23pm (PST)
wildfire ofc i am! Lets do a 3man, but yea, continue this in the coordinator (never checked yet, went straight to notifs)

I believe there was a time when where u were barely on neo. I knew u, but didnt really hunt with you. We started hunting regularly around Scions time. Maybe you, me, and khold 3 manned things, but i def remember u and scion as a regular. Yea, i ended up foing it with randoms LOOOOOOOOL

Phlogiston,

I say UUUUUURRRRRAAAAAGAAAAAM because my friend Max ( wild, RoK and Wooper should know him) said that, and to me, being the weird ass i am, it amused me

Lets put some reality into this convo? IF monster hunter were real, and there were no game, and we were all hunters, we are the first to find, lets say a deviljho. We havent seen him, technology not created, and have no clue what it is. If you use more of the damage calculations and stuff like that, 1 word describes you in a situation such as this. Screwed.

ALTHOUGH, if you mostly hunt for the fun, a challenge, and dont care if somethings weaker to ice, we'd be used to using elements with 0 resistance or such on a monster. Like, using what water (?) on a jho, which i think is 0 resistance, i'd be used to it. I use dragon for almost everything. WE ( wildfire RockofKuthian and I) are used to it, thus we'd succeed in a situation such as that. Yes, knowing weaknesses and killing monsters fast af is fun, but would you rather be evenly matched, and have a challenge, or be OP as a mother*bleep*er and just rape everything as fast as possible? Its fun. but eventually gets boring.

You have a point, exodus DOES suck. But, i needa agree with Wooper, i'd use something that looks awesome, and have a fun long time hunting with it, than use an OP weapon. This is why i like Jhen, its long regardless, atleast 18minutes. Getting challenged is always fun IMO.

Oh and having accounts give features such as "NeoPM" where you message people. Also notifications, as you know, we say things like Poop which notifies the user towards a thread. It also has the edit function which we use for our fanfics, so you will have to get an account if u want a fanfic...unless noone replies, or it would get messy having chapters on different pages.

RockofKuthian

LOL aliens took it :laughing: Maybe you were having ur "3/4 sleeping" moments and lost it...

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 4:42pm (PST)
quote wildfire
quote Phlogiston
No, it's not cheating - it's called being wise. Going into a fight unprepared is the norm around here - you'd be surprised how many people do it and don't even care. Or maybe not.
why didn't capcom invest hours into a tutorial, and leave you blind as to how to defeat a monster? It's supposed to be this way. I tried for days to defeat the barroth when I first started playing, and I was a first class noob. I had full jaggi armor, and a the jaggi's SnS. I ran out of time the first quest, and realized I needed a much stronger weapon, so I choose the chieftains great sword. Not the best choice of weapon, but I got so good at fighting barroth it, I was beating him within the same amount of time every time. I managed to master the great sword too, so early on .

I prefer to play through a game without foreknowledge, and monster hunter shines all the brighter that way because each new monster you encounter is different in so many ways, and you're challenged to find openings and weaknesses. The boss fights in this series is probably the best way to do a boss fight, I just don't like those bosses in other games that go through a predetermined sequence because it's too easy to figure it out. I could on and on, but I'll stop it here.

WooperOnALedge
I'd be happy to help you beat your first alatreon (my connection isn't too great at the moment)(Its_my_time24 you in this too?), so let's head over to the coordinator to iron out the details.

Its_my_time24
this has been a while (where was I, at this time?) only kholdstare responded to the OP....
I totally agree with you, strangely. But couldn't it work both ways?

If, theoretically, MH were real, wouldn't you have knowledge of monsters from other, more advanced hunters? Or from books and codexes written on the subject? In-game, they do say (in the descriptions of most cap quests) that there are scientists actively researching monsters. I would think they would have published their findings and made them available to you. ie, "pressurized water can easily blast off a barroth's mud, leaving it prone to overheating"...

Speaking of scientists, I have a few ideas about monster physiology that I need to make a thread on.

Author:   animal_lover310
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 9:52pm (PST)
quote Its_my_time24
It actually wasn't as hard as i thought... I called a hr 47 friend from school with Sabertooth G and i made a city with a guy using Devis crush P and another guy with high sieglinde P and me with Divine Exodus sns and Joshua with Sabertooth G...

Joshua did this before with 2 people with jho hammer P and one with sabertooth G the one like his and said the one that we did was faster...was it my Divive Exodus?

I started the match with throwing smoke bombs so i can get my mega demondrug and mega armorskin and then we fought. This Unicorn was not nice... he killed Joshua once and i just hit him ALOT the hammerer K.O him 6 times and we win by me kicking a barrel bomb L+ (as you did Kholdstare) and got 5 plates and one Azure dragongem.

I will be on tommorow (always wanted the ALA lance) so...anyone coming...plus i need him on my monster list xD
um....I think I was the person who killed it with you I was using devils crush was the user name red hea?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.