Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: To clear all Hacking Myths - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1676885-to-clear-all-hacking-myths/4.htm

Author:   that-guy
Date:   May 29, 12 at 2:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: To clear all Hacking Myths
-------------------------------------------
hi im after using the letterbomb path to get homebrew channel but a couple of days later my friend....... called me and said that it most likely from the file made by letterbomb....but he also downloads alot of stuff from pirates bay....could you get a virus from letterbomb???????

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   May 29, 12 at 3:48pm (PST)
quote that-guy
hi im after using the letterbomb path to get homebrew channel but a couple of days later my friend....... called me and said that it most likely from the file made by letterbomb....but he also downloads alot of stuff from pirates bay....could you get a virus from letterbomb???????
WHAT?! BS, i doubt there are viruses for wii he probably got an infected file by diwnloadibng of people who are lablled as not trusted (purple skull) LB cannot truly damage your wii, if his wii got damaged then he damaged it via bricking it

Date:   May 29, 12 at 11:30pm (PST)
LOL no i ment i downloaded a file from letterbomb using his laptop .... after a couple of days he calls me saying that he got a virus from that file...i looked it up and others say it's a complete virus free site but was asking here to see if you knew

Author:   sonofamuffin
Date:   May 29, 12 at 11:40pm (PST)
im HR60 can i use wii action replay to have some fun online? im scared to use it.

Date:   May 30, 12 at 1:52pm (PST)
quote sonofamuffin
im HR60 can i use wii action replay to have some fun online? im scared to use it.
AFAIK you can go well with wiird codes

quote that-guy
LOL no i ment i downloaded a file from letterbomb using his laptop .... after a couple of days he calls me saying that he got a virus from that file...i looked it up and others say it's a complete virus free site but was asking here to see if you knew
the letterbomb site is virus free, unless his AV pointed the file to be infected in whcih case there is a chance that it's a false positive

Author:   sonofamuffin
Date:   May 30, 12 at 5:18pm (PST)
okay so let me get this straight, i dont have to download any software and be okay with using the SD card caled Wiird action replay?

Date:   May 30, 12 at 5:47pm (PST)
just spent 2 hours putting homebrew channel on my wii and homebrew browser...less than a hour playing and a get banned XD...that's what i get for not studying the hacks first lol...no i have to wait 14 days before i can play online again

Date:   May 31, 12 at 8:27am (PST)
quote that-guy
just spent 2 hours putting homebrew channel on my wii and homebrew browser...less than a hour playing and a get banned XD...that's what i get for not studying the hacks first lol...no i have to wait 14 days before i can play online again
get a memory backup application, like wanioko memory manager, homebrew browser should have something like that, now backup ALL of your games including MH3, now format your wii, install again HBC, play MH3, you wont be banned anymore, but you will lose all your friends.

Date:   May 31, 12 at 11:36am (PST)
can i do this without a pc/laptop.....btw thanks for helping with this....you are somthing else m8

Date:   May 31, 12 at 11:40am (PST)
quote that-guy
can i do this without a pc/laptop.....btw thanks for helping with this....you are somthing else m8
homebrew browser *should* have a backup app, also if you have an early PS3 you can install on it linux

Author:   FFIW
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 2:41pm (PST)
Okay so I was hoping to ask a question because something weird happened to me today.

I loaded up my MHTri data that I haven't played in the last few months. When I got on one of my characters, she had a Soulbreaker (G) that she shouldn't have had. She's only HR 3 so obviously this was a shock to me. So I tried it out offline to see if it was a glitch or something because I had no idea why it was there or where it came from. Afterwards I decided to go online to check something or other and I hadn't removed said Soulbreaker and I was subsequently handed a 10 day ban. I checked my other character, he's only HR8, and for some reason, he has a Bastion Blitz in his inventory box. I'm guessing having this will also get me banned again if I try to get back online.

So my question is, how did this happen or how could this have happened? From reading the thread, am I correct to assume that just unequipping the switch axe and getting rid of both of them will let me play online without getting permabanned?

I've never used any cheats or hacks or whatever because I like to play legit so I honestly have no idea how this happened and I'd just like to know if simply getting rid of these items that I shouldn't have will solve the problem. Sorry for the long post, but this is really irritating because I don't even know how this happened and I would like to keep playing. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 8:33pm (PST)
quote FFIW
Okay so I was hoping to ask a question because something weird happened to me today.

I loaded up my MHTri data that I haven't played in the last few months. When I got on one of my characters, she had a Soulbreaker (G) that she shouldn't have had. She's only HR 3 so obviously this was a shock to me. So I tried it out offline to see if it was a glitch or something because I had no idea why it was there or where it came from. Afterwards I decided to go online to check something or other and I hadn't removed said Soulbreaker and I was subsequently handed a 10 day ban. I checked my other character, he's only HR8, and for some reason, he has a Bastion Blitz in his inventory box. I'm guessing having this will also get me banned again if I try to get back online.

So my question is, how did this happen or how could this have happened? From reading the thread, am I correct to assume that just unequipping the switch axe and getting rid of both of them will let me play online without getting permabanned?

I've never used any cheats or hacks or whatever because I like to play legit so I honestly have no idea how this happened and I'd just like to know if simply getting rid of these items that I shouldn't have will solve the problem. Sorry for the long post, but this is really irritating because I don't even know how this happened and I would like to keep playing. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Erasing the items or not will let you play, after the 10 day period, all you need to do is wait until you are the appropiate HR to wield them.

YOu are the only one that uses your wii, or others have acess to it?, the only other thing i can think off is that a hacker somehow sent you the items online, IDK how

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 8:42pm (PST)
So then as long as I don't equip these switch axes online, I'm good? I could keep them until I'm the proper rank?

One of the characters is my girlfriend's and she said she went online once so I'm assuming that's where it came from. I'm not sure how that even works, but she doesn't even know how to run cheats on USBloader or anything so I know she wasn't cheating or hacking either.

Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 10:27am (PST)
quote FFIW
So then as long as I don't equip these switch axes online, I'm good? I could keep them until I'm the proper rank?

One of the characters is my girlfriend's and she said she went online once so I'm assuming that's where it came from. I'm not sure how that even works, but she doesn't even know how to run cheats on USBloader or anything so I know she wasn't cheating or hacking either.
Yep, until you get to the proper rank dont equip the axes, also she migth have messed a bit with the config options and activated the cheats.

Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 11:56am (PST)
Yeah maybe. Well either way, thanks for the help. I was really hoping I didn't have to start over or anything because *bleep* that.

Much appreciated.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.