Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: People seriously do that? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1623757-people-seriously-that/

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Feb 26, 11 at 4:13am (PST)
Subject:   People seriously do that?
-------------------------------------------
I was online earlier today and youll never guess what aI heard. Just as I logged on and entered a gate on the recruiting server a random guy goes and asks "is anyone a hacker?".

Who actualy does that, I mean its one thing to unknowingly play with a hacker. But to actually actively seek one out? Who would want to do this when the main point of the game is to hunt monsters to get materials in the first place.
Has anyone else seen or heard somebody do anything this stupid before, Im sure Im not the only one.

Author:   Suzaku_Firebird
Date:   Feb 26, 11 at 4:23am (PST)
Subject:   re: People seriously do that?
My IRL friend has a clan....one of his leaders is a hacker. One-shots any monster. I've thought about reporting him.

Author:   Team Hydro Aura
Date:   Feb 26, 11 at 5:20am (PST)
Some people just like to cheat to get through games easily and try to look cool. It shouldn't work..

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Feb 26, 11 at 5:25am (PST)
They were asking because they're paranoid and/or encountered an experience that made them concerned as to the possibility that someone had been cheating. People don't like to get caught up with hackers - pretty straight forward, really. Some people feel it detracts from the overall game (which in the case of instant-kill and whatnot, it does) and others just don't want to be anywhere near someone when they are hacking.

Date:   Feb 26, 11 at 8:14am (PST)
Could be, but no way too know for sure. The way he worded it sounded like he was. I cant remember the exact way he said it, but I was mainly asking if anyone else has seen it happen before.

Author:   horn.dog
Date:   Feb 27, 11 at 2:20pm (PST)
quote Zombie_Barioth
The way he worded it sounded like he was.
Are you sure it didn't have -anything- at all to do with the way you read it? I've seen people take offense to the most lighthearted of comments while some have actually kindly taken things meant to be offense. I've seen a lot of stupid things in this game, and a lot of less than intelligent actions. Being wary of hackers - however clumsily - is not one of them.

Then again, maybe he was trying to seek out cheaters. Worst case scenario is you lose about a minute of time making a new city.

Date:   Feb 27, 11 at 7:19pm (PST)
I never took offense to him asking, just found it strange someone might be looking for a hacker. He actually did word it so you cant tell what he really means.

Author:   curiously
Date:   Feb 28, 11 at 1:54am (PST)
omfg 0,0 ^ that was me !!!! was not looking 4 easy way thru game. i had just disconnected from a game and wen i got bak to the city there was talk of a hacker ruining the game . they said he killed barioth in 1 hit mhich interested me only because id never heard of such a thing . sorry 4 confusion , i dislike all cheating (cept on gta) .........gonna remain anonymous due to predicted overreactions...

Date:   Feb 28, 11 at 3:51am (PST)
lol, take it easy. I dont even remember the guy's name. Theres no way to prove who it was, but chances are it wasnt you. Even if it was you nobody will over react, not that I believed that was what he was thying to do in the first place. I was only wondering if anyone has seen people do that before.

Besides that, you said you were in a city. I just logged on and was still at the gate. I think it was just a coincidence.

Author:   curiously
Date:   Mar 03, 11 at 10:49am (PST)
i said wen i returned to city there was talk of hacking ......never said where i asked about it . and i was in gate... any way once i found some they were either lazy or A-holes but finally found nice 1 ..... u havent seen strange till youve watched super alatreon drop dead from heart failure...... to stay on topic YES People do that you get h8ted or banned but when youve played mh by the rules 4 so long it looks kinda cool.

Date:   Mar 03, 11 at 6:19pm (PST)
Its all good, nothing to worry about. Its just one of those things where you hear people talk about it but youve never seen it yourself.
The first thing that came to mind was more or less:

"what the? heh, o well no way to know for sure. hard to tell what some one really means over the internet, anyway".

No hard feelings though, it never actually crossed my mind that the guy might be on neo.

Author:   Dragonmaster_Omega
Date:   Mar 04, 11 at 2:04am (PST)
I tried hacking once....got banned for 10 days as soon as i tried getting online....never going to do it again.

Although, that is because i went way overboard and got way too greedy. However, i would enjoy using hacks that wouldn't be detected by the EA servers to get me banned. But nothing big like 1-shotting monsters. No, the worst i would do is just some monster texture swapping =3

Author:   JackeL13
Date:   Jun 24, 11 at 12:13am (PST)
yeah that was probably me. lol i remember saying that. my name is JackeL13. i said it because a hacker named Cyrus (HR999) had just threatened 2 ban me from the game. can ppl rly do that because i've heard ppl say that they could ban ppl and some of my friends even say that they have the hack.

Author:   The Player 75
Date:   Jun 27, 11 at 3:12am (PST)
Omg. I think I know him. I played with him and he kept trolling me. He did threaten one guy with a ban, but that's all I know of. He is too young with that negative vocabulary. 0.o

Author:   Egabob
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 4:38pm (PST)
quote Dragonmaster_Omega
I tried hacking once....got banned for 10 days as soon as i tried getting online....never going to do it again.

Although, that is because i went way overboard and got way too greedy. However, i would enjoy using hacks that wouldn't be detected by the EA servers to get me banned. But nothing big like 1-shotting monsters. No, the worst i would do is just some monster
texture swapping =3

Or you could do some of the pro hacker stuff like moon jump, infinite hammer spin, or infinite rapid fire

These types of hacks are nornally not banned.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.