Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Hunter's Tavern - Beware the enraged Barioth/Deviljho! - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1617428-hunters-tavern-beware-enraged-barioth-deviljho/9.htm

Author:   Couttsy
Date:   Sep 15, 11 at 3:38am (PST)
Subject:   re: Hunter's Tavern - Beware the enraged Barioth/Deviljho!
-------------------------------------------
actually correct me if i;m wrong but crocs cant run that fast out of water, and even if they could they can't for very long. BUT if one gets you in the water it can fly in the water and you really only stand like no chance.

but i agree also, Steve caused his own death pretty much, but life goes on.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Sep 16, 11 at 10:30pm (PST)
I felt kind of bad about that actually. I always called him an idiot for his approach to animals, and then he went and died by the Stingray.

So is anyone here doing anything interesting for their weekend? I'm having a party to celebrate my birthday from last week because my friends were too busy back then. And supposedly two other houses in the street (two following on from my side of the house, so outside my room) are having parties too, haha.

As for crocodiles, are they the ones where you're supposed to run in a zigzag pattern to confuse them?

Author:   wildfire
Date:   Sep 16, 11 at 11:56pm (PST)
quote Dark Arcanine
As for crocodiles, are they the ones where you're supposed to run in a zigzag pattern to confuse them?
my advice is to avoid them entirely, and i'm sure you could easily outrun one, unless you're morbidly obesse. interesting fact: crocs have the strongest bite force in the animal kingdom, so if it grabs you there's little chance you'll escape especially if you're in the water because then it'll start what's dubbed as the death roll where it literally begins to roll with your limb caught between it's teeth with enough force to tear it off.

Deviljho always makes me think of a crocodile for some reason.

so this is where everyone went... i got the messages that some of my off topic posts had been deleted, and i nearly had a heart attack because i thought i'd been banned for a second. sorry about that xeros the slayer, "weapon's of choice" was so random it probably took alot of combing to find all of the off topic posts. how are posts removed like that anyways? is there a program you can run that looks for a certain number of words ending with "lol"?

This message was edited on 2011-09-16T17:08:59-07:00.

Author:   Kholdstare
Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 12:08am (PST)
jhen has a jho chin...scientific fact

Author:   Dragonmaster_Omega
Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 12:12am (PST)
Well if anything, Steve died doing what he loved, and i highly respect that.

No, turst me, you would be very surprised how fast a croc can lunge out from the water. Much faster than you can react. Plus, zigzagging does nothing for you. You lose time that way.

And yes, Jhen does indeed have a jho chin ^^;

Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 12:26am (PST)
i meant like on land, and yes if one lunged out of the water towards you there would be no time to react and you would probably end up as crocodile food in the end. They attack and kill wildabeast quick and they shouldn't have a problem with a human that isn't even half the wieght.

Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 12:41am (PST)
well when they lunge and swim they are lighting fast, but when they are on land they aren't that fast (fast yes but you could easily outrun them).

Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 12:52am (PST)
I remember something not liking zigzag running. I blame it on the hippo, haha.

And it's something like 24 degree here, which is the warmest it's been in several months. I know I'm going to be sweating it out by the end of the day, haha. Takes me months to get used to the heat once it comes back.

Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 1:05am (PST)
quote Dark Arcanine
I remember something not liking zigzag running. I blame it on the hippo, haha.

And it's something like 24 degree here, which is the warmest it's been in several months. I know I'm going to be sweating it out by the end of the day, haha. Takes me months to get used to the heat once it comes back.

Celsius correct? That would be pretty close to 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

God i hate America's standardized system of values and measurements. We just HAD to be different from the rest of the world =/

Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 1:15am (PST)
Yeah, that's right.

I like the simpler measurements. In the metric vs imperial measurements (I can't stand converting this stuff without something to do it for me), I definitely prefer metric. The only thing going for imperial is the name, haha.

And woohoo, friends will be round in about an hour.

Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 1:28am (PST)
Exactly. The US is so weird with their measurements.
0 is freezing, 100 is boiling, simple as that, but nooooo, not for the US.

Lol i am just passing time rewatching the first season of MLP. The second season starts tomorrow

Author:   neji 9889
Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 3:05am (PST)
We dont use anything that makes sense...

Im totally for changing to the metric system, but americans are so **** stubborn.

Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 4:34am (PST)
the metric system is great, its so easy to calculate out everything fits into each other.

and as far as the Fahrenheit vs Celsius goes i would love some 24 degree heat where i'm from in australia, it gets to like 30+ in winter (but it will get colder at night/early morning)

and whenever i say it can get 30+ degrees here they say thats not hot and its like riiiiiight! you guys are Fahrenheit in that its like over 100 in summer easy.

Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 3:18pm (PST)
it's getting pretty cold here in georgia(when i say cold i mean in comparison to the last few months), since fall is approaching and all. is it summer for you couttsy? i too enjoy the metric system because i'm in physics this semester, and we do alot of conversions. can you imagine trying to go from feet per second to miles per hour?

kilo, hecto,deka,(liters, meters, grams)deci,centi, and mili. it goes even futher to the biggest unit being Heppa which has a value of 1x10^21 power to ento which has a value of 1x10^-21.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Sep 17, 11 at 3:24pm (PST)
Message deletion isn't a program; it's run directly by the moderators who feel that some messages violate the rules. ;D All by hand!

Anyway, I've heard to escape a crocodile you need to run in zig zags, too. I don't think I'll ever cross one anyway.

And I hate how I was treated non-metric units. Now I have to learn all this metric unit stuff.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.