Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Hunter's Tavern - Beware the enraged Barioth/Deviljho! - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1617428-hunters-tavern-beware-enraged-barioth-deviljho/8.htm

Author:   euben0
Date:   Sep 13, 11 at 5:40am (PST)
Subject:   re: Hunter's Tavern - Beware the enraged Barioth/Deviljho!
-------------------------------------------
I don't see many deadly animals around, but from time to time I do see snakes slithering about.

Author:   Kholdstare
Date:   Sep 13, 11 at 6:15am (PST)
quote Couttsy
That weapons of choice thread was fun...

anyways I'm almost finished year 12 only 4 weeks left but I'm on holiday right now in the USA currently in Oregon then we are going to Texas next then Disneyland (before i left my boss told me to bring her back some mickey mouse ears or not co,me back at all lol)

and ive been playing red faction guerrilla mh3 and the 3ds ambassador games of late
omg please tell me you smuggled your wii with you!! this could be your chance to hunt with us NA people!!

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   Sep 13, 11 at 7:03am (PST)
quote Kholdstare
quote Couttsy
That weapons of choice thread was fun...

anyways I'm almost finished year 12 only 4 weeks left but I'm on holiday right now in the USA currently in Oregon then we are going to Texas next then Disneyland (before i left my boss told me to bring her back some mickey mouse ears or not co,me back at all lol)

and ive been playing red faction guerrilla mh3 and the 3ds ambassador games of late
omg please tell me you smuggled your wii with you!! this could be your chance to hunt with us NA people!!
Chances are he couldn't unless he played on someone else's wii, his console and game are region coded to go to the EU servers.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Sep 13, 11 at 9:53am (PST)
I have a huntsman on the outside of my bedroom window right now. I guarantee you it will squeeze itself through and inside my room before the night is out. Still, one can't complain when it's not something like a redback, of which we've had a few in this house.

Speaking of Target, watch the final fight scene in Return of the King outside Mount Doom.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 4:34am (PST)
What kind of deadly animals are in Australia? California has next to nothing, and wild, scary animals, well, scare me! 3:

Would not be a fan of Australia.

Author:   Couttsy
Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 4:41am (PST)
quote Justin
What kind of deadly animals are in Australia? California has next to nothing, and wild, scary animals, well, scare me! 3:

Would not be a fan of Australia.
well there are snakes, we have the second deadliest snake in the world, the king brown and a whole bunch of others.

jellyfish, not all are deadly but they leave a mark

spiders, lots and lots poison spiders

crocodiles, you dont stand a chance

certain types of fish, they can kill you some are deadly poisonous

and the worst one of them all THE DEADLY BUTTERFLY (they did that joke on camp and someone actually fell for it lol)

hope i helped with your decision

Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 4:57am (PST)
Don't forget the Blue-Ringed Octopus. It may look cool, but that thing is indisputably deadly. The venom they use is 10,000 times nastier than cyanide to give you some idea.

Author:   euben0
Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 5:29am (PST)
Doesn't Australia have 7 of the 10 deadliest snakes in the world?

Author:   Kholdstare
Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 5:56am (PST)
where does a rattlesnake fit on that list??

(my grandma gave me the rattle off a rattlesnake and told me to be VERY careful not to break it cuz its fragile and still very poisonous)

Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 11:14pm (PST)
Dunno, something like that. I just read a website that said six, but seven seems likely also.

There's a spider that caught my interest a while back. Rather than contenting itself with small flies and the like, it catches small birds.

The only animal you're safe with is the wombat. xD Koalas are still capable of clawing you if dissatisfied, and the kangaroo will be up for the biff. Kangaroos are known to lead dogs to rivers and whatnot before drowning them.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 11:17pm (PST)
So are you on constantly looking out for possible animal-danger? D:

Author:   The Player 75
Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 11:19pm (PST)
Is it true that if you live in rural areas, you must never leave the house without a machete? :3

Date:   Sep 14, 11 at 11:28pm (PST)
I RIDE TO UNI ON A KANGAROO!

Haha, nah, Australia gets stereotyped pretty badly to be honest. Like the vast majority of the population looks like a thin strip around the edge of Australia, which is actually coastal and agricultural areas. Very few actually like in that typical desert setting people expect.

I wouldn't say I'm constantly wary because I live on the coast, but you still have to be careful. Like if you leave shoes outside for a while you should tap them out first to see if there's anything in there - this is quite important if you do it overnight, haha. I have photos of a snake that we found in the front garden a while back. And we've had a few redbacks in places like the shower and hiding underneath the rim of the poolside.

So you do have to employ some common sense no matter where you live here, but you're not in constant threat of a terrible death or anything.

Author:   Couttsy
Date:   Sep 15, 11 at 12:51am (PST)
well i live in a sort of rural area, so i every so often run into deadly creatures, as dark said as long as you have some common sense about you it will fine. like if a croc grabs you it will take you into the "death roll" where they spin and drag you underwater to kill you, 2 simple ways to avoid this.

1. stay away from what looks to be croc infested waters (doesnt stop us though US AUSSIES ARE MADE OF IRON )

2. this is REALLY important! if one does grab you, STAB HIM IN THE EYES! he should let you go briefly then RUN LIKE HELL!

also i forgot about sting rays, they aren't very deadly but they can kill just as Steve Irwin found out!

so did i make Australia more desirable?

Author:   Dragonmaster_Omega
Date:   Sep 15, 11 at 3:22am (PST)
Ah yes, Australia, the Great Outback.

Contains the majority of the world's poisonous land animals, as well as having the kangaroo population outnumber the human population iirc.

Pretty much you ARE always in constant for some kind of dangerous animal.

As for the crocodiles, if one gets you, you have no chance. If one WANTS to get you, you have no chance.

Bastards can run up to 27 mph in a short distance in a VERY short time span.
They bite down with over 5000+ pounds of force per square inch. That means that for every square inch of flesh they bite down on, imagine a 5000 lb weight slamming down on you. Instantly snaps any bone you have.
Then to add insult to injury, they use the Death Roll. The roll exerts so many G's of force and torque that any limp it is attached to will be immediately torn off.

You have 2 chances to save yourself:
As Couttsy said, stab it in the eye and get the hell out of there.
Secondly, while their tops are armored with tough skin, their bellies are covered in softer smooth skin.
If you have any kind of blade, stick that sucker into their stomachs and sliiiiiiice.

And on account of Steve Irwin, he stupidly caused his own death.
I still think very highly of Steve, but he was an idiot.
If he had not tried to pull the ray out of his chest, he would not have died.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.