Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Hammer: sharpness+ or focus? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1536870-hammer-sharpness-focus/

Author:   Laian
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 3:11am (PST)
Subject:   Hammer: sharpness+ or focus?
-------------------------------------------
This is pretty straightforward. Sharpness+ will add roughly either 12 or 18% KO and physical damage, while focus will make superpounding, THE easiest way to get KO's much easier.

By the way, I don't need to hear any more "super pound sucks!". The SS is amazing for KO'ing monsters, as long as you don't do it when the monster is tripped or trapped etc.

Author:   Al The Killer
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 3:19am (PST)
Subject:   re: Hammer: sharpness+ or focus?
Focus.
I warn people to stay away from the head.If they don't,I don't wanna hear complaints.

Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 3:34am (PST)
quote Al_The_Killer
Focus.
I warn people to stay away from the head.If they don't,I don't wanna hear complaints.
Yeah, I only use the super pound to KO except when the monster is tripped, tired, or trapped.

Author:   Al The Killer
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 4:19am (PST)
My point exactly.

Author:   JoelMole
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 7:42am (PST)
quote Laian
By the way, I don't need to hear any more "super pound sucks!". The SS is amazing for KO'ing monsters, as long as you don't do it when the monster is tripped or trapped etc.
Yeah... But triple pound is still better if you can pull it off...

I personally would go sharpness+1. It gives the biggest attack boost from a skill in the game. And with Focus, sure you will charge up faster, but you rarely actually need that as you have to wait for an appropriate time to attack anyway, by which time you will have normally already been fully charged for a while.

xxx

Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 1:25pm (PST)
quote JoelMole
quote Laian
Yeah... But triple pound is still better if you can pull it off...

I personally would go sharpness+1. It gives the biggest attack boost from a skill in the game. And with Focus, sure you will charge up faster, but you rarely actually need that as you have to wait for an appropriate time to attack anyway, by which time you will have normally already been fully charged for a while.

xxx
That's true, but the number of times you can hit a triple pound on the head is extremely low.

Assuming you get all 3 hits off, you'll get 57 KO damage, while if you just hit with enormous range of the super pound once, you get 48 KO damage.

You have to walk when charging, and a dodge will make you reset your charge. For a lot of monsters, super pound is impossible because the monster will charge at you while you're jogging towards him.

Author:   2legitimate
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 1:32pm (PST)
dont talk crap, superpound is always viable.
you just need to use your brain to position yourself correctly.
that said, if you can position yourself correctly you can usually get a triple pound off.

Author:   JoelMole
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 1:32pm (PST)
quote Laian
Assuming you get all 3 hits off, you'll get 57 KO damage, while if you just hit with enormous range of the super pound once, you get 48 KO damage.
Yeah the super-pound can be better for quick KO, but the triple-pound's overall damage is much higher.

xxx

Author:   2legitimate
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 2:07pm (PST)
it HAS been nerfed since unite though

Author:   Yukiiko
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 3:40pm (PST)
spin > super pound

Author:   devil jin
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 3:57pm (PST)
i would have to say super pound is good for KOing a monster when you need to act fast like if a rathalos was turning around hold the charge then smashy smashy

Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 7:55pm (PST)
quote 2legitimate
dont talk crap, superpound is always viable.
you just need to use your brain to position yourself correctly.
that said, if you can position yourself correctly you can usually get a triple pound off.
Let's not take things to extremes here -_-. I never said it wasn't viable without focus, but nobody's going to argue that it isn't more viable with it. The question isn't about Super Pound vs Triple Pound, it's focus vs sharpness.

Author:   mhdude
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 8:17pm (PST)
Sharpness+1

More bang for your buck

Author:   OwnedYou
Date:   Jun 03, 10 at 10:04pm (PST)
what is the super pound? I am a big noob btw

Author:   tnhalbertsma48
Date:   Jun 04, 10 at 10:43pm (PST)
I think it's an easy choice. Sharpness +1 just adds so much damage when using either the Jho or Ala hammer, and it's sti great on any other weapon.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.