Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderator's Corner I - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1362779-moderators-corner/9.htm

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   Jul 07, 10 at 6:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderator's Corner I
-------------------------------------------
There is a thread index, it's in the NeoWiki so anyone can edit it and there's a big big link at the top to it.

And I'd prefer to have few stickied threads.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Jul 08, 10 at 1:01am (PST)
quote Xeros the Slayer
There is a thread index, it's in the NeoWiki so anyone can edit it and there's a big big link at the top to it.

And I'd prefer to have few stickied threads.
again i believe is better than just bumping it, if not at least a topic where our hunter ID's are, similar to the coordination thread, but for reference only, although one can argue if the idea turns useless the coordination thread

Date:   Jul 08, 10 at 2:07am (PST)
It would take about half of the functionality of the thread, though I'm unsure of how many people actually take note to that part.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Jul 08, 10 at 3:24am (PST)
quote Xeros the Slayer
It would take about half of the functionality of the thread, though I'm unsure of how many people actually take note to that part.
i was thinking more or less along the lines of T vs C, there we had a match up topic and a firend roster, if any one wnated an individual match they pm'ed a guy, if they wanted a challenge then they are sent to the arena to see if any one answers, we get a data base, and yet still we have a topic for general hunting request, so to speak.

i will add an example:

lets say i want to hunt with you Xeros, but the problem is that i dont have your ID, all i would have to do is send you a PM and before hand having your ID registered.

an other example, lets say a group of people want to have a hunting run, they check their respectives ID's, register themselves, then they send the PM onto where to meet, simple as that.

the coordination thread still would retain its functionality, but i was thinking on a databse to amke this forum more organized

Date:   Jul 08, 10 at 4:34am (PST)
The Coordination thread does have an ID database on its first post however, though its mostly optional. That's what I meant when I said your suggested thread would take half of the functionality.

Author:   yoyo123
Date:   Jul 12, 10 at 10:27pm (PST)
There is a MHP3rd survey going on by Capcom. One of the question's ask "If MHP3rd came to the West, what new feature would you request, and why?"

I think we should promote this survey and get some of our members to answer these questions. It may show Capcom US that we are interested and we may have a chance of getting something special in our version.

Heres the link.

Date:   Jul 13, 10 at 12:31am (PST)
I think I'll quote you and post it around the various MH forums then. If its official and promotes the next game in the series then its worth posting.

Author:   yoyo123
Date:   Jul 13, 10 at 2:05am (PST)
Alright, Thanks Xeros.

Date:   Jul 21, 10 at 10:59am (PST)
With the forum awards done perhaps its time to get a new event of some sort going, thoughts on it?

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Jul 21, 10 at 11:13am (PST)
Flicking out something real quick, assuming we all trust each other here (and I'm sure we do), could always go for some sort of MH Challenge thread. It could be trying to farm x amount of a certain item in a set period of time or perhaps killing a monster in the fastest time. As I said, just a very quick thought that clearly has a lot to do with the game but I dunno about popularity and whatnot.

DA Edit: Realised when I woke up this morning I didn't cover everything. To assure it's fair, there'd obviously have to be armour, weapon and item specifications. Or just use the arena I suppose. I still stand by the fact this is just a quick thought.

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Dark Arcanine on Jul 22 2010.

Date:   Jul 30, 10 at 3:42pm (PST)
I know there's a similar thread floating around Unite somewhere, I wanted to see how I could set it up. But now's a bad time, I'll be gone today and tomorrow. I'll try to get things running soon though.

And a bit of an early announcement, I'll be gone from August 25th to September 4th.

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Aug 13, 10 at 5:50am (PST)
I think it might be a good idea to move the Hunter's Club here.

I know it's Machi's idea but I think it would help MH3 more than MHFU, and actually stay active.

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Aug 13, 10 at 6:08am (PST)
Quite sure he's the one who manages it so it's best to first ask him before we take anything on board.

Author:   2legitimate
Date:   Aug 14, 10 at 2:52pm (PST)
can i start a video thread?
i can record tri now

Date:   Aug 14, 10 at 2:56pm (PST)
We already have a video thread if I remember correctly.

As for any forum game or other community type projects, I'm a bit hesitant since many don't really take off and end up dead on arrival with nobody ever participating at all.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.