Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderator's Corner I - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1362779-moderators-corner/6.htm

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   May 10, 10 at 7:54am (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderator's Corner I
-------------------------------------------
quote X
I would do like the pokemon forums and not allow clans.

It promotes spam. Just look at the clans forum in platinum.

Just read through it a bit and you're right about the spam in there.

There's also this-
As for clans, they will not be allowed. If someone wants a clan, they can go to Diamond or Pearl. The average maturity level of Pokemon players is unfortunately not to the point where a clan of any decent quality can be sustained for more than a few hours.
The game itself doesn't support a clan system and our own hasn't really taken off aside from people joining around the game's launch.

Author:   NUL
Date:   May 10, 10 at 5:38pm (PST)
I suggest leaving it for the moment.

See how it goes after the initial buzz has died down and the people who plan to play for a while drop in.

Date:   May 10, 10 at 9:21pm (PST)
I wasn't saying I was going to take it down, just stating that it has died off a bit since the game launched.

Author:   NUL
Date:   May 11, 10 at 6:10pm (PST)
quote Xeros_the_Slayer
I wasn't saying I was going to take it down, just stating that it has died off a bit since the game launched.
That's what I meant.

Author:   Laian
Date:   May 13, 10 at 7:25pm (PST)
can you put up a "which weapon do you use?" poll up?

Date:   May 14, 10 at 1:49pm (PST)
I think we already have something like that posted.

Had somewhat of a random idea since there have been several requests for forum-wide hunting events.

We will have them, but in the form of a challenge quest. Once a week/month people will come up with a quest with certain restrictions and they're posted in a batch of 3 or 4. We'll change these out every week and people can post their times if they'd like.

I think we'll have a thread for the mission details then the ones we'll go with for that week can be posted in the Guild Greeter thread.

Author:   Laian
Date:   May 14, 10 at 11:37pm (PST)
Huh? were you replying to me or to something else, because I am a little confused. Could you post the link to the poll we have up already if you were addressing me?

Date:   May 15, 10 at 2:25am (PST)
It's not really a poll, more just people saying what weapons they like.

Author:   Ech0ez
Date:   May 18, 10 at 10:02pm (PST)
Do you think a Forum Index with a list of links to helpful threads (Or something along the lines) would be of any use? It could assist with preventing repeat threads and potentially redirecting some of the on-topic discussion out of the tavern as well as bringing threads to people's attention they may not know about.

Although I do question how many people would actually use it.

Date:   May 19, 10 at 12:13am (PST)
There's a rather large Thread Index link at the top of the forum page. I do believe you answered your own question when you failed to notice it yourself.

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   May 19, 10 at 10:40am (PST)
Feel free to contribute your own threads if you feel they are necessary for the thread index.

Author:   Ech0ez
Date:   May 19, 10 at 7:49pm (PST)
I have no idea why, but I always assumed the second link was to the Rules and never stopped to check it. Oh well, I suppose that qualifies as my Blonde moment of the month.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   May 29, 10 at 1:12am (PST)
i suggest a hunters license thread, and along with that a role play and a thread to discuss what our own city will be named, even if we cant lock it out lets put a member (current mod) have a character named neoseeker, in order to kill two birds with one stone, we migth get new members, yet we wouldnt be advertising.

Date:   May 29, 10 at 4:53am (PST)
Can you explain that a little more clearly?

And the license thing is kind of pointless since its only given to Capcomunity members and has no practical function.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   May 29, 10 at 2:56pm (PST)
i was suggesting we create a city only for neoseeker, and if im not misunderstanding, you can create a city, well i was proposing to create city for the forum, and use it in conjunction with the coordination thread, for example dark dom wants to go hunting an rathalos, well he goes to our city with some members of the forum, or if its a deviljho hunting, then people can also use the coordination thread and go to neoseeker.

i hope i managed to explain myself better.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.