Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Monster Hunter NeoWiki - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1244590-monster-hunter-neowiki/3.htm

Author:   Heathen99
Date:   Apr 14, 10 at 6:03am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Monster Hunter NeoWiki
-------------------------------------------
Why don't you guys just take the pics from capcom's site then? Why wait for wikia to upload them and then you take them?

I don't get why you guys don't just go over to the wikia and help them improve it instead of just taking existing info from there and creating a bastardized version of it here.

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   Apr 14, 10 at 6:48am (PST)
We don't, we gather info from different sources, mostly the official site and blogs if not from the game itself. If they do that as well then its only natural that info would be similar.

If you'd look at the thing you'd probably understand that.

The MHF3 pages for example, the Wikia's page is copied word for word from a /v/ post that was copied from another site. Ours further explains things we've found rather than stealing someone's list of info that can all be gathered from watching the teaser.

As for the images, some people could be taking them from Wikia and others from different sources. If the stuff's been taken from the official site in the first place, it wouldn't matter anyway.

Author:   breadpoo
Date:   Apr 15, 10 at 2:16am (PST)
Actually, the post from the /v/ boards about MHP3rd was copied from Minegarde, which was posted by Bobo initially.
http://forums.minegarde.com/index.php?s=&act=ST&f=26&t=18820
Who is the same person who posted the MHF3 info on the wikia.

just sayin

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Apr 15, 10 at 3:51am (PST)
I bet you're trolling from either the Wikia or the Minegarde forums, aren't you?

Seriously, we at Neoseeker take plagiarism very seriously. And besides, any monster hunter information is public. So excuse us if we just happen to be featuring the same type of information another wikia or forum has.

Author:   Narcissus
Date:   Apr 18, 10 at 6:41pm (PST)
Nobody is forcing you to read or help with our wiki. If it bothers you that much, then just pretend it doesn't exist. I have never copied or even referenced another wiki, because I don't have to. Stop Trolling and go and work on whichever wiki you want to.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Apr 19, 10 at 12:27pm (PST)
Ignore Wikia trolls, guys. They're afraid of competition.

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Apr 21, 10 at 1:31am (PST)
We've seen this type of trolling action before (Remultsie knows it well on Boktai). In a wayit can be taken as meaning we at least show up on the radar

Author:   MHFU
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 4:20am (PST)
Hi guys. x3 I recently made a Great jaggi Bowgun Guide, and I already made my own page and put the link, but then I posted the URL. I kinda have a problem with the code for the link. x.x I would appreciate anyone to help me. 8D Sorry if this is a simple question to you guys. I'm kind of new to this kind of guide making thing, and I do plan on making more guides in the future as I progress later in my game. MH3 is so amazing. x3 Cha-cha talks funny. :B

EDIT: I finally found out how to post a link xD Anyways, I made a Qurupeco guide too, I'm working on my ROyal Ludroth and Barroth Guide now

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 4:22am (PST)
Are the videos on the monster pages supposed to be that big?? You can alter the height of the video.

Date:   May 29, 10 at 11:23pm (PST)
Sorry for bumping this, but have you guys thought of cataloging every weapon in the monster hunter games? I mean, it would be tough work, but it would expand the wiki greatly. I bet there are a couple of weapon images on the Capcom site, and I/people could take pictures of them in MHFU.

By cataloging I mean making a page for each weapon, i.e the True Devil Slicer.

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   May 29, 10 at 11:44pm (PST)
It'd probably be better to make a list first, maybe even a weapon tree. And that is hundreds of weapons, it would be a very big project for the wiki.

Date:   May 29, 10 at 11:58pm (PST)
Good point, but imagine how much it would expand. I was also wondering if it was possible to document items as well.

I'm not saying we should attempt this project this month, or even the next one, probably after the hype or everything is documented for MH3. It'd be a very big project, but I think it would be a good one

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   May 30, 10 at 7:48am (PST)
I'm looking towards cleaning up some of the stuff we already have. I'll try b=cleaning up the areas and monsters section, by getting rid of the unnecessary stuff and having a set template for all the pages. I was testing the vids but forgot to get rid of them. They aren't working very well right now, so I'll go through and remove them until they can be adjusted in size.

Also, with a project as big as that it's best to get more people helping out that can work with a template. Just having any person editting it would cause more work in the long run, as it would be the staff members that would end up having to fix it all up to par.

Date:   May 30, 10 at 10:07pm (PST)
I have the code on the fallout neowiki, so I'll retrieve it and post it here for you guys.

And my thoughts exactly. Possibly round up some ex-staff members or volunteers, I'd be willing to help. I wouldn't have a template for the weapon pages, but just paragraphs, but there could be a template for the sharpness or something else. Good project to do this fall

EDIT: Here it is: <neovid width="400" height="380">Mjc1NS0==</neovid> The code I have in it is the new vegas teaser trailer, so you can change it. The height and width don't need changing in my opinion, the h and w can be viewed at the bottom of this page.

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   May 31, 10 at 2:32pm (PST)
Thanks a bunch. I'll go through and try and fix it. Also, the problem is not with getting the templates, but is ensuring that those who are making the edits use it properly.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.