Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Monster Hunter NeoWiki - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34727/t1244590-monster-hunter-neowiki/2.htm

Author:   yoyo123
Date:   Oct 25, 08 at 4:28am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Monster Hunter NeoWiki
-------------------------------------------
lol im just playing around.
il find a way to help other out, no problemo.

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Jan 02, 09 at 10:46am (PST)
A very important reminder for all participants of the Neo wiki.

Please do NOT place monster guides within the general monster information page. For example, the Kut-Ku. If you have a guide for fighting or killing a Kut-Ku, start a new page and process it there. Do not vandalise the monster's main page, which serves as a reference for all monster details, disregarding guide information. The appropriate information can/could include characteristics, attacks, area patterns, likes/dislikes, distinguishable features etc.
There should also be no branding or copyright markings or logos which concern neoseeker members or parties. This could be a person claiming that they have written up a segment or placed part from a guide. Guides should be in seperate wiki pages and all copyright should remain of the wiki pages, unless the right belongs to the original author.

Complete guides, when submitted, can be requested protection, from attempted vandalism or changes from other members, other than the original author.

Also remember to check page histories if you are wondering about what has changed, or (for guides) who has removed or changed certain content that should remain (at the author's discretion).

Thanks for your time and please remember to help contribute and expand our MonsterHunter neo.wiki.

Author:   bloodyomen
Date:   Jan 03, 09 at 5:29am (PST)
I just went to the MH3 wiki and there's absolutely nothing there. Why's that?

Date:   Jan 03, 09 at 6:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: re: The Monster Hunter NeoWiki
Thanks for the notification, bloodyomen.
It was a redirection to the appropriate page. Some bastard must have deleted it.

Date:   Aug 03, 09 at 7:33am (PST)
Wow, it's been a while since my last post here.
Anyway, since the game has FINALLY been released in Japan, shitloads of information is bound to be spread amongst the internet.
This means I am expecting everyone to be putting their best foot forward and helping to contribute towards the wiki.

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   Aug 04, 09 at 1:57pm (PST)
I'll compile and add what I can, as I've promised.

Date:   Aug 06, 09 at 12:45pm (PST)
I've already added some monster pages. I would very much appreciate it if everyone can input to whatever they can.

----

EDIT (6 August 2009):
Just created and updated all the monster pages, as well as added guide links and created guide pages. Everyone, it would be very much appreciated if we could add info to the monster pages every so often.

Date:   Aug 06, 09 at 6:35pm (PST)
You might wanna edit the part in the main page saying Plesioth is in the game.

Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 4:16am (PST)
Already been fixed and changed.
---

.:: ANNOUNCEMENT ::.

Guys, recent news is that we've had some major demotions from the wiki and would really like to at least get another wiki staff member involved. Don't think of this as a "Just contribute until you get promoted and do nothing". We're at least expecting a consistent number of contributions, which can range from simple edits or fixes.

Please, help out the wiki as well as get others involved. We want to make it the best it can possibly be, but we can't without your help. Who knows, perhaps through your contributions you could get a staff position!

Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 8:31pm (PST)
Say we know the English name of a certain monster, do we remove the Japanese name entirely or include both?

Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 12:48am (PST)
Create the English page and transfer the information over. Just PM me or Machi and one of us will lock the original and redirect it.

Date:   Mar 02, 10 at 6:46am (PST)
Sorry Gouki, but we can't take information from other Wiki's, as that would be considered plagiarising.

Author:   fsdfdsfdsf
Date:   Mar 19, 10 at 6:06pm (PST)
quote Twin_Master
Sorry Gouki, but we can't take information from other Wiki's, as that would be considered plagiarising.
lol u already do. i have seen a lot of images here that was taken from the wikia

Author:   Xeros the Slayer
Date:   Mar 20, 10 at 6:39pm (PST)
And those images were taken from Capcom's site and sites that were given the images from capcom.

Author:   Members, please LOGI
Date:   Apr 14, 10 at 5:55am (PST)
I like how like 90% of the stuff on there is taken from the Monster Hunter Wikia.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.