Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Are minstrels really no good? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34661/t1703826-minstrels-really-no-good/2.htm

Author:   Anony mouse
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 10:16am (PST)
Subject:   re: Are minstrels really no good?
-------------------------------------------
I suppose after a while minstrels might get to be a bit useless, but if you change them for another vocation then I suppose you're okay. But it's wiser to keep them if your team is low on healing, especially near the beginning-middle of the game.

Author:   KAHL
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 7:37am (PST)
No, they are NOT useless, nor weak.

Aren't they the WELL ROUNDED characters?
(My opinion, at least.)

They learn Healing spells, attack spells, and their attack is good.
(Better than a mage, at least.)

PERSONALLY, Armamentalists are not one of my favorite Classes.

I mean... What are they good for...

Minstrel - Luminary (Reason being, Luminaries are the exact same thing, but with better spells and abilities. [my opinion])
Warrior - GLADIATOR or paladin (Gladiators are so much stronger and their defense is great)
Mage - Sage or Armamentalist
Priest - Sage (Reason being sages learn healing spells and they have attack spells; PLUS kazing.)
Martial Artist - Paladin (Don't ask. I had nothing else to put here.)
Thief - Ranger..? (Okay, I love thieves, but seriously... no way to really upgrade them...)

NOW, thats how I think you should upgrade them.
(Or keep them the same, your choice.)
BUUUUTTT.
You might wanna see their COUP DE GRACE!

But now I must go...
so...
look them up for yourself on youtube.
xD
Bai naow!

Author:   SR THE HEDGEHOG
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 4:07am (PST)
minstrels are AMAZING my character is a will i haven't played it in a long time but i remember he's lv.35 to/or 45 i don't remember i will edit when i play my game and see my minstrels level!

Author:   TheMinnsy
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 3:00pm (PST)
I have two games, and my better team doesnt have a minstrel. I have priest, glad, martial artist and paladin. They kill, but if i had a minstrel, i wouldnt be able to beat tougher grottos. My other game has one, and it took me a little longer to beat the game. So really, minstrels are good, but not good enough!

Author:   Paladin360
Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 12:20pm (PST)
Minstrels are good for healing, and have good deftness, but in the end I went along with a paladin ( as my name suggests).
If you decide to keep your minstrel, fine by me, it's not my problem when bosses set you up with the floor. But if you are changing vocations, you might as well make use of their... Array of abilities. So when you earn skill points, spend them on the skill path litheness. You get permanent deftness, charm, and magical might boosts that helped me as paladins have low deftness and charm.
But there isn't a best vocation, because they all become powerful once you hit 20's. hope this helped guys. What am I saying I saved your friction butts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you all just do as I tell you, life is easier for me and you don't have to use your tiny brains. So just trust me and jump into that lava pit.

Author:   shadowmonger82
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 1:20am (PST)
Subject:   Are minstrels really no good?
Well technically minstrels are pretty much the best that come into the game i say so myself right now i am a lvl.46 but won't be for long and am about face corvus in a kind of demonic state with a lvl.45 priest, lvl.47 warrior and a lvl.47 martial artist. But there should be nothing wrong about a minstrel i think it would the bet choice in any battle with any kind of monster since they focus on helping teammates and also using offensive and healing magic also. Overall i think it could be the best in the whole game if you ask me.

Author:   leprechaun_noah_t
Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 9:12am (PST)
the deal with minstrels is theyre compareable to rangers. a mid- high level ranger can do fair healing, use status spells, attack fairly well and at a high level summon dogs. but a minstrel can use lots of attack spells and abilities and use fair healing spell. you start out with a minstrel because they are muts and can do a mixture of everything. it just depends on your party. i gotta martial artist, sage, ranger and gladiator. but i do think that if i started the game over, and tried a different combination, i could end up with a minstrel. bottom line; it just depends on how you want to organize your party.

Author:   babycat440
Date:   Dec 11, 12 at 3:22pm (PST)
I love my minstrel!!! I wouldn't have midheal w/out her.

Author:   SOME RANDOM GUY
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 6:09am (PST)
To be honest ithink minstrels are rubbish, you gain much better classes when you progress through the game anyway. I changed my minstrel into a warrior that is now lvl 72 and is over 3x as powerfull (I think...). With my warrior i can kill barzmos in merely a few hits using frost force, feel the burn and psyche up, with a few turn i simply falcon slash with uber falcon blade and around 4100 damage caused in total in that one turn, i experimented with my minstrel also lvl 72 and did the same process, except the damage was only around 500-600 damage a turn. Don't say anything bad about my comment, its really just an opinion.

Author:   Daylight
Date:   Apr 04, 13 at 11:13am (PST)
Minstrels stink, become a sage instead. They have a multi, moreheal, multiheal, and KAZING

Author:   peen muncher
Date:   Jun 26, 13 at 4:46pm (PST)
I love c0ck and preen in my buuuut:)

Author:   VoxxyKatt
Date:   Jun 30, 13 at 7:40am (PST)

quote Accalia Chanteloup
On this forum I hear everybody say that minstrels are no good. I love my minstrel, she's really useful because she has the Heal and Midheal, a decent HP and MP, the Zing spell (which is just so vital), Egg On, Kaswoosh, and does decent damage.

Why aren't they any good?

I personally think Minstrels are okay during the game, but post-game...
They are pretty useless against the later on content.
I used my minstrel just to test it on a grotto boss.
It quite disappointed me with it's damage.

Also, Egg on isn't a special ability of minstrels.
Egg on is learnt by the hero, it's an ability that Patty teaches you. Meaning, you could've still gotten that ability even as a warrior or a different class.

Heal and midheal are okay but you have the priest and sage with their greater heals, higher mp, etc.
Zing is also rivalled with it's better counterpart, kazing (100% chance to revive) which is learnt by sages.
There's full heal, omniheal, multiheal, and trust me, multiheal saves your butt a lot. (Combine it with the sage's scroll twocus pocus and you basically have an omniheal right there. But, disruptive wave.. WHYYY!)

The damage is 'decent' as you say, but in order to defeat the legacy bosses later on, you will need gladiators who do massive damage (especially with the combo of uber falcon blade + falcon slash.) The 'decent damage' you speak of isn't going to help much with higher leveled legacy bosses.

Though, the minstrels are actually better than luminaries. I will say that.

quote KAHL
Aren't they the WELL ROUNDED characters?
They learn Healing spells, attack spells, and their attack is good.
(Better than a mage, at least.)
PERSONALLY, Armamentalists are not one of my favorite Classes.
Minstrel - Luminary (Reason being, Luminaries are the exact same thing, but with better spells and abilities. [my opinion])
That is your opinion, but I beg to differ at certain statements.
-First off, yes, it's like a jack of all trades. But, again, the are gladiators, mages, sages, priests etc meant for greater damaging, supporting and spells purposes.
-Mages have terrible damage, because they are meant for casting spells, NOT attacking.
-I respect your opinion on armamentalists, but they have a better damage output (at least in my eyes).
They play a key role in support AND attack as well (though not as strong as a gladiator and their support is quite different). Their fources are one of the vital things needed to defeat legacy bosses, and so forth.
–Luminaries, aren't that great. They look okay to you but they are actually (probably) the worst class in the game. They are weak against legacy bosses, not doing that much damage and easily knocked out.
So far, the most common classes used during post-game are: Gladiators, Sages, Priests, Armamentalists, Mages, Paladins.
Gladiators for the damage, sages for support (magic burst as well), priests for support also, armamentalists for fource though they can easily be swapped for a sage instead, mages for magic, and paladins are paladins.

What I'm basically saying: Minstrels do okay during the game, but they are.. well, horrible when it comes to the legacy bosses. After I first saw it's performance against baramos I was disappointed and immediately revocated.
It's coup de grace is all right, but you have the paladin's coupe de grace and combine it with forbearance. That combo is still OP as heck.

(sorry, long post. Lol.)

Author:   ll
Date:   Jul 18, 13 at 10:20am (PST)
don't believe the people who say minstrels are no good because they are wrong minstrels are one of the bestvocations yet my tam is minstrel lvl 38 warrior lvl 40 minstrel lvl 39and martial artist lvl 36 and im at boss king godwyn the one that beats aquila so I think minstrels are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:   Matt gvndh cgj vdrh,
Date:   Aug 13, 13 at 8:57pm (PST)
minsterials are ok my team is minsterial lvl 99 and paliden lvl 77 the min is no good in the grotos though ¦)

Author:   TommiCG
Date:   Feb 13, 14 at 2:07pm (PST)
Lol I used to have 1 and he was beast and had him 2 lv99. I then levelled him up with a few other vocations so he was a tank!!!!!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.