Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Golden Sun or Dragon Quest - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/34661/t1598680-golden-sun-dragon-quest/

Author:   Xeroph
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 6:49pm (PST)
Subject:   Golden Sun or Dragon Quest
-------------------------------------------
I have played Dragon Quest a considerable amount and just bought Golden Sun and wow, I'm blown away by how much better it is. There aren't any downloads but it still looks better and isn't full of fetch quests. If you like Dragon Quest you should check out Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and I found a forum for it. http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44419/

Author:   Laika
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 6:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Golden Sun or Dragon Quest
quote Xeroph
I have played Dragon Quest a considerable amount and just bought Golden Sun and wow, I'm blown away by how much better it is. There aren't any downloads but it still looks better and isn't full of fetch quests. If you like Dragon Quest you should check out Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and I found a forum for it. http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44419/
I've tried both but in terms of content Dragon Quest comes out tops. Golden Sun may have a better story and some better side-quests, but Dragon Quest IX has 100s of hours of gameplay and the art style is absolutely amazing. How you can say Dark Dawn looks better I'll never know. And even saying that, there are may enjoyable side quests in the game.

Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 7:01pm (PST)
There are more quests in Dragon Quest, but 90% of them are the same "please, find me a thing insert item name here*" or "slay x number of this monster". That gets old for me after about ten quests. I haven't encountered that problem with Golden Sun yet, but maybe that will change who knows? I haven't beaten it yet. So far I like Golden Sun more and how can you say Dragon Quest looks better? lol. The battle scenes in Golden Sun are more detailed and more vibrant than the pixilated attacks in Dragon Quest. Outside of battle both are pretty much the same in terms of quality. I like both a lot.

Author:   Laika
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 7:05pm (PST)
quote Xeroph
There are more quests in Dragon Quest, but 90% of them are the same "please, find me a thing insert item name here*" or "slay x number of this monster". That gets old for me after about ten quests. I haven't encountered that problem with Golden Sun yet, but maybe that will change who knows? I haven't beaten it yet. So far I like Golden Sun more and how can you say Dragon Quest looks better? lol. The battle scenes in Golden Sun are more detailed and more vibrant than the pixilated attacks in Dragon Quest. Outside of battle both are pretty much the same in terms of quality. I like both a lot.
They're not pixallated. They're actually quite good quality. And if you dive deep enough into the side-quests you find much more varied ones with objectives like killing an all-new boss.

Author:   Charraze111
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 7:17pm (PST)
Also does golden sun have Wi Fi quests?
Haha... No. A Wi Fi shop?
Nope!
Does it put old bosses from old games into the game?
Nope.
Does Golden Sun have Aquila? The coolest person ever?
Nope!
The list goes on and on...
Overall DQIX>Golden Sun

Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 7:53pm (PST)
quote Charraze111
Does it put old bosses from old games into the game?
Nope.
It does, actually. Quite a few old bosses have already shown up as far as I've played.

Dragon Quest had some pretty poor character development so I'll say I prefer Golden Sun's characters. It also had a very, very devoid story in comparison to Golden Sun's. The lack of wifi stuff is my only complaint. It would be so easy to incorporate.

Author:   Charraze111
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 8:21pm (PST)
I just think its funny how you only visted here to advertise this game...

Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 8:26pm (PST)
No need to make snide remarks. My name's an island from a Dragon Quest game so I'm not being biased. I've been playing Dragon Warrior games far longer than I have Golden Sun. I think it's funny you're so quick to criticize a game you obviously haven't played, judging from your response.

I said if you enjoy Dragon Quest you should check out Golden Sun because they're similar.

Author:   Kbdraco0
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 9:09pm (PST)
Xeroph I kinda think you're saying that DQ9 is a worse game, first of all, Idk if it's against the rules, I'd Imagine not, second I have played both, personaly I'm not gonna lie I like GS, but Dragon Quest Has a way deeper story, going back to Dragon Warrior. If you're a fan of either, you would like them both no need to argue on which is better, becuase they both have considerable aspects.

Author:   Vyson The Celestrian
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 10:19pm (PST)
Ok, we don't need to start flaming. And idk but from the commercial (with the people in casts) it shows a tad bit of in game footage (4-5seconds) and from what I saw, DQ Graphics looked better. I might get Golden Sun, it looks fun. P.S. Random, but me and my friend are gonna get Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs. And Black and white when they come out.

Author:   Vexed
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 3:53am (PST)
Hopping into the DQ forums to say how crap it is compared to Golden Sun kinda seems like you're just stirring the pot.

How about instead of saying, "X is better than Y," we say, "Both are really fun games."

Just a thought.

Author:   Lumina788
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 2:15pm (PST)
If you ask me they're both very different games. With not much to compare.

Author:   Lord Destint3
Date:   Dec 03, 10 at 8:38am (PST)
i looked at advert for golden son on you-tube and to be honest the battle graphics look like they came straight from Final Fantasy...

Author:   Vexed
Date:   Dec 03, 10 at 9:45am (PST)
Let's not turn the 'Dragon Quest sucks' thread into the 'Golden Sun sucks' thread. One is no more acceptable than the other.

On an unrelated note - is the new Golden Sun even out yet? I'd love to get it.

Author:   Vyson The Celestrian
Date:   Dec 03, 10 at 8:46pm (PST)
Yes, Vexed, its out. It was released in America on November 29. I'm gonna get it for christmas

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.